Point-of-Care Testing Devices Market: Introduction
- Point-of-care testing is also known as the bedside testing. It is defined as the medical diagnostic testing which is done near or at the place and time of patient care. Point-of-care testing devices can be defined as the devices employed for obtaining diagnostic results close to the patient or while with the patient.
- Point-of-care tests are performed employing portable, transportable, handheld devices, and test kits. Point-of-care tests are performed in a range of locations, including at home, at health care practitioner's office, in emergency department, at the accident scene, in ambulances, in the radiology department, and in an infectious disease containment unit.
- The advantages associated with point-of-care testing include convenience, availability of quicker results, and faster implementation of therapy. They are mainly employed for pregnancy testing and home glucose testing. The other point-of-care tests performed are for rapid strep, fecal occult blood, and hemoglobin, as well as prothrombin time/international normalized ratio (PT/INR) for people on the anticoagulant warfarin.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Point-of-Care Testing Devices Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Point-of-Care Testing Devices Market
- Growing customer focus of the health care industry increases the need for convenient diagnosis, screening tests, and monitoring. This contributes to the growth of the point-of-care testing, necessitating the need for point-of-care testing devices, thereby resulting in the growth of the market.
- Significant increase in infectious diseases, contributes to rise in need for rapid screening for diseases such as influenza, HIV, dengue, and malaria. Point-of-care tests for infectious diseases lead to efficient and prompt treatment, aiding in preventing the spread of the disease. This rise in demand for point-of-care testing of infectious diseases fuels the growth of the point-of-care testing devices market.
- Strong focus of market players on research & development for innovating new devices incorporating the technological advances aid in the growth of the point-of-care testing devices market
- Rise in prevalence of diabetes is expected to create demand for at home blood glucose monitoring device. According to the WHO, the global prevalence of diabetes is risen to 8.5% in adults over the age of 18 years in 2014 from 4.7% in 1980. This high prevalence of the disease and ease of measuring blood glucose levels employing the glucose monitoring device are anticipated to boost the growth of the point-of-care testing devices market.
North America to Lead Global Point-of-Care Testing Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global point-of-care testing devices market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global point-of-care testing devices market in 2018, owing to strong presence of leading market players, high awareness among the people concerning the point-of-care testing devices, increase in product approvals, and high prevalence of lifestyle diseases, among the people
- Europe was the second largest market for point-of-care testing devices in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for point-of-care testing devices, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Rise in number of non-communicable diseases and increase in government initiatives for improvement of health care industry are expected to accelerate the growth of the point-of-care testing devices market in Asia Pacific.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Point-of-Care Testing Devices Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Point-of-Care Testing Devices Market
Leading players in the global point-of-care testing devices market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Siemens AG
- Danaher Corporation
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Quidel Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson
- EKF Diagnostics
Global Point-of-Care Testing Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Point-of-Care Testing Devices Market, by Product
- Glucose Monitoring Devices
- Cardiometabolic Monitoring Products
- Infectious Disease Testing Products
- Influenza Testing
- HIV Testing
- STD Testing
- Coagulation Monitoring Products
- Pregnancy & Fertility Testing Products
- Pregnancy Testing
- Fertility Testing
- Hematology Testing Products
- Drugs-of-Abuse Testing Products
- Fecal Occult Testing Products
- Cholesterol Testing Products
Global Point-of-Care Testing Devices Market, by Technology
- Lateral Flow Assays
- Molecular Diagnostics
Global Point-of-Care Testing Devices Market, by Mode of Purchase
Global Point-of-Care Testing Devices Market, by End-user
- Home Care Settings
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Point-of-Care Testing Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.