Global Point-of-care Molecular Diagnostics Market: Introduction
- Devices used for point-of-care molecular diagnostics are portable, compact, and self-contained diagnostic devices that can perform multiple analytical functions. They are used at the patient site for rapid diagnosis of diseases.
- Devices used for point-of-care molecular diagnostics provide valuable and actionable information on patient care; they have rapid turnaround time; and they enable selection of optimum therapy for the patient by observing the patient’s response to ongoing treatment
- Point-of-care molecular diagnostics have a wide range of applications in the diagnosis of infectious diseases, pharmacogenetics, and genetic testing
- Private as well as government players made significant investments in point-of-care molecular diagnostics in the last decade
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Point-of-care Molecular Diagnostics Market Report
Global Point-of-care Molecular Diagnostics Market: Key Drivers
- The global point-of-care molecular diagnostics market is primarily driven by high prevalence and incidence rates of infectious diseases and genetic disorders across the globe. For instance, according to the World Health Organization (WHO), more than 17 million people across the globe die due to infectious diseases every year.
- Technological advancements in point-of-care molecular diagnostics, new product development and commercialization, and rise in the demand for point-of-care molecular diagnostic devices are factors likely to drive the global point-of-care molecular diagnostics market during the forecast period
- Also, increasing number of hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, and research and development institutes and growing pharmaceutical industry in developing economies such as Brazil, India, China, and Russia are likely to propel the demand for devices used for point-of-care molecular diagnostics during the forecast period
Tests Kits Segment to Dominate Global Point-of-care Molecular Diagnostics Market
- Based on product, the global point-of-care molecular diagnostics market can be divided into analyzers and test kits. The test kits segment is estimated to dominate the global market during the forecast period. The segment is likely to expand at a rapid pace from 2019 to 2027.
- Large volume and frequent usage of test kits for the diagnosis of different types of diseases is one of the key factors responsible for the major share of the test kits segment in the global market
- The test kits segment can be sub-segmented into viral, bacterial, fungal, and others. Bacterial is estimated to be the leading sub-segment of the test kits segment in the near future.
Isothermal Nucleic Acid Amplification Technology Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of technology, the global point-of-care molecular diagnostics market can be segmented into isothermal nucleic acid amplification technology and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) technology. The isothermal nucleic acid amplification technology segment is projected to dominate the global point-of-care molecular diagnostics market during the forecast period.
- The isothermal nucleic acid amplification technology segment can be sub-segmented into helicase-dependent amplification (HDA), loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP), nucleic acid sequence-based amplification (NASBA), and others
- The isothermal nucleic acid amplification technology provides quick results and it does not require thermocyclers
Diagnostic Laboratories Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of end-user, the global point-of-care molecular diagnostics market can be segmented into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, specialty clinics, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, and research & academic institutes.
- The diagnostic laboratories segment is projected to dominate the global point-of-care molecular diagnostics market during the forecast period. The large number of diagnostic laboratories across the globe and rapid increase in the number of diagnostic laboratories in developing countries are factors expected to be responsible for the dominant share of the diagnostic laboratories segment in the global market during the forecast period
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Point-of-care Molecular Diagnostics Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Point-of-care Molecular Diagnostics Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global point-of-care molecular diagnostics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. However, the region is anticipated to lose market share by 2027.
- High prevalence of various chronic as well as acute disorders among people in the U.S., technological advancements in point-of-care molecular diagnostics, and presence of a well-established health care industry in the region are factors projected to drive the market in North America from 2019 to 2027
- The point-of-care molecular diagnostics market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rapid increase in the number of hospitals and diagnostic laboratories and rise in health care access in densely populated countries in the region such as China, India, South Korea, and Taiwan
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global point-of-care molecular diagnostics market is consolidated, with a few number of global players accounting for a major share of the market in respective regions. Key players operating in the global point-of-care molecular diagnostics market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Bayer Healthcare
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Danaher Corporation
- Nova Biomedical
Global Point-of-care Molecular Diagnostics Market: Research Scope
Global Point-of-care Molecular Diagnostics Market, by Product Type
- Test Kits
Global Point-of-care Molecular Diagnostics Market, by Technology
- Isothermal Nucleic Acid Amplification Technology
- Helicase-dependent Amplification (HDA)
- Loop-mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP)
- Nucleic Acid Sequence-based Amplification (NASBA)
- Multiplex PCR
- Real-time PCR
Global Point-of-care Molecular Diagnostics Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Specialty Clinics
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Research & Academic Institutes.
Global Point-of-care Molecular Diagnostics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.