Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market: Introduction
- Rapid access to pathology test results is critical to high quality and efficient modern healthcare. Advantages of rapid access to test results have been demonstrated in relation to patient length of stay in emergency departments and timeliness of access to information is critical for patient care decisions – such as for therapeutic drug monitoring and patient flow decisions. Increase in demand for emergency departments and inpatient beds, together with workforce shortages, consumer demand, and technological advances, has seen a significant increase in the utilization of point-of-care devices. Furthermore, rise in number cases of infectious diseases has boosted the advancements in point of care instruments sector, thereby driving the market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market
- Rise in prevalence of infectious diseases across the globe fuels the market growth. Several viruses have been identified as etiologic agents responsible for acute respiratory tract infection which include infection due to Coronaviridae (HCoV-229E, HCoV-OC43, HCoV-NL63, HCoV-HKU1, SARS-CoV, and HCoV-EMC), Orthomyxoviridae (Influenza A, B, and C), and Adenoviridae (human adenovirus A to G). In an economic modeling analysis, the average annual burden of seasonal influenza among adults aged 18 to 49 years without medical conditions that confer a higher risk for influenza complications was estimated to include approximately 5.2 million illnesses, 2.4 million outpatient visits, and 31,800 hospitalizations.
- The emerging market players other than established firms are occupied in manufacturing significant number of new and innovative products and solutions, thus, fueling growth of the point-of-care infectious disease testing market.
- However, product recall; pricing pressure, owing to reimbursement cuts and budget constraints; and stringent & time-consuming approval policies may hamper the growth of the market
HIV Testing Products to Dominate Global Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market
- Based on products, the global point-of-care infectious disease testing market can be divided into influenza testing products, HIV testing products, hepatitis C testing products, sexually transmitted disease testing products, respiratory infection testing products, tropical disease testing products, and other infectious disease testing products.
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) POC testing generated large revenue in 2019. As per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), globally, about 1.7 million new cases of HIV were reported in 2018. About 37.9 million people were living with HIV across the world in 2018. An estimated 770,000 people died from AIDS-related illnesses in 2018. An estimated 35 million people have died from AIDS-related illnesses since the start of the widespread occurrence of diseases.
- However, demand for point-of-care testing in influenza is expected to grow rapidly as influenza outbreaks and epidemics pose ongoing risks to global human public health. The WHO recommends the use of rapid testing for influenza diagnosis.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market Report
Lateral Flow Assays to Dominate Global Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market
- Based on techniques, the global point-of-care infectious disease testing market can be divided into lateral flow assays, plasmonics technology, microfluidics, molecular diagnostics, and immunoassays
- Lateral flow assays dominated the point-of-care infectious disease testing market in 2019 due to increasing adoption of lateral flow assays in POC testing as a replacement for lengthy, conventional laboratory procedures. Rapid, low-cost, compact, and portable nature of lateral flow technology is lowering some of these barriers such as cost of diagnosis and treatment, large time consumption etc. Alpha Laboratories offers many lateral flow testing kits for Helicobacter pylori, Cryptococcus, Sona Coccidioides Antibody, and Aspergillus Galactomannan infectious disease testing.
- However, as microfluidics can provide a fully integrated POC device for sample processing, fluid handling, and signal generation, this segment is expected to grow at a rapid CAGR during the forecast period.
Clinics Segment Witness Highest Growth
- Based on end-user, the global point-of-care infectious disease testing market can be divided into hospitals, clinics home care settings, research laboratories, and others
- In 2019, the clinics segment dominated the point-of-care infectious disease testing market in terms of highest revenue generation and is anticipated to continue leading the market over the forecast period. This is due to extensive use of technologically-advanced medical devices to offer the point-of-care (PoC).
- Molecular test can be implemented in an outpatient clinic and successfully allows POC usage. The Xpert MTB/RIF test based on GeneXpert technology (Cepheid Inc.) is one such technology that can potentially be implemented in TB clinic settings and peripheral laboratories.
North America to Lead Global Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market
- In terms of region, the global point-of-care infectious disease testing market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, North America dominated the point-of-care infectious disease testing market, followed by Europe. However, Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030, due to increasing R&D expenditure and merger & acquisition with big players coupled with rising number of diseases.
- Increase in number of diseases along with technological advancement and increasing number of product approvals in North America boost the growth of the market. As per a report published by CDC on April 7, 2020, due to COVID-19 infection, more than 374,329 Americans are affected.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global point-of-care infectious disease testing market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Siemens Healthineers
- Sight Diagnostics Ltd
- bioMérieux SA
- Cardinal Health
- Trinity Biotech
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- Gene POC
- Becton Dickinson Company
- Trivitron Healthcare
- Chembio Diagnostics Systems, Inc.
- OJ-Bio Ltd
Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market: Research Scope
Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market, by Product
- Influenza Testing Products
- HIV Testing Products
- Hepatitis C Testing Products
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Testing Products
- Respiratory Infection Testing Products
- Tropical Disease Testing Products
- Other Infectious Disease Testing Products
Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market, by Technique
- Lateral Flow Assays
- Plasmonics Technology
- Molecular Diagnostics
Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market, by End-user
- Home Care Settings
- Research Laboratories
Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.