Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market: Introduction
- Rapid access to pathology test results is critical to high quality and efficient modern healthcare. Advantages of rapid access to test results have been demonstrated in relation to patient length of stay in emergency departments and timeliness of access to information is critical for patient care decisions – such as for therapeutic drug monitoring and patient flow decisions. Increase in demand for emergency departments and inpatient beds, together with workforce shortages, consumer demand, and technological advances, has seen a significant increase in the utilization of point-of-care devices. Furthermore, rise in number cases of infectious diseases has boosted the advancements in point of care instruments sector, thereby driving the market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market
- Rise in prevalence of infectious diseases across the globe fuels the market growth. Several viruses have been identified as etiologic agents responsible for acute respiratory tract infection which include infection due to Coronaviridae (HCoV-229E, HCoV-OC43, HCoV-NL63, HCoV-HKU1, SARS-CoV, and HCoV-EMC), Orthomyxoviridae (Influenza A, B, and C), and Adenoviridae (human adenovirus A to G). In an economic modeling analysis, the average annual burden of seasonal influenza among adults aged 18 to 49 years without medical conditions that confer a higher risk for influenza complications was estimated to include approximately 5.2 million illnesses, 2.4 million outpatient visits, and 31,800 hospitalizations.
- The emerging market players other than established firms are occupied in manufacturing significant number of new and innovative products and solutions, thus, fueling growth of the point-of-care infectious disease testing market.
- However, product recall; pricing pressure, owing to reimbursement cuts and budget constraints; and stringent & time-consuming approval policies may hamper the growth of the market
HIV Testing Products to Dominate Global Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market
- Based on products, the global point-of-care infectious disease testing market can be divided into influenza testing products, HIV testing products, hepatitis C testing products, sexually transmitted disease testing products, respiratory infection testing products, tropical disease testing products, and other infectious disease testing products.
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) POC testing generated large revenue in 2019. As per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), globally, about 1.7 million new cases of HIV were reported in 2018. About 37.9 million people were living with HIV across the world in 2018. An estimated 770,000 people died from AIDS-related illnesses in 2018. An estimated 35 million people have died from AIDS-related illnesses since the start of the widespread occurrence of diseases.
- However, demand for point-of-care testing in influenza is expected to grow rapidly as influenza outbreaks and epidemics pose ongoing risks to global human public health. The WHO recommends the use of rapid testing for influenza diagnosis.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market Report
Lateral Flow Assays to Dominate Global Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market
- Based on techniques, the global point-of-care infectious disease testing market can be divided into lateral flow assays, plasmonics technology, microfluidics, molecular diagnostics, and immunoassays
- Lateral flow assays dominated the point-of-care infectious disease testing market in 2019 due to increasing adoption of lateral flow assays in POC testing as a replacement for lengthy, conventional laboratory procedures. Rapid, low-cost, compact, and portable nature of lateral flow technology is lowering some of these barriers such as cost of diagnosis and treatment, large time consumption etc. Alpha Laboratories offers many lateral flow testing kits for Helicobacter pylori, Cryptococcus, Sona Coccidioides Antibody, and Aspergillus Galactomannan infectious disease testing.
- However, as microfluidics can provide a fully integrated POC device for sample processing, fluid handling, and signal generation, this segment is expected to grow at a rapid CAGR during the forecast period.
Clinics Segment Witness Highest Growth
- Based on end-user, the global point-of-care infectious disease testing market can be divided into hospitals, clinics home care settings, research laboratories, and others
- In 2019, the clinics segment dominated the point-of-care infectious disease testing market in terms of highest revenue generation and is anticipated to continue leading the market over the forecast period. This is due to extensive use of technologically-advanced medical devices to offer the point-of-care (PoC).
- Molecular test can be implemented in an outpatient clinic and successfully allows POC usage. The Xpert MTB/RIF test based on GeneXpert technology (Cepheid Inc.) is one such technology that can potentially be implemented in TB clinic settings and peripheral laboratories.
North America to Lead Global Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market
- In terms of region, the global point-of-care infectious disease testing market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, North America dominated the point-of-care infectious disease testing market, followed by Europe. However, Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030, due to increasing R&D expenditure and merger & acquisition with big players coupled with rising number of diseases.
- Increase in number of diseases along with technological advancement and increasing number of product approvals in North America boost the growth of the market. As per a report published by CDC on April 7, 2020, due to COVID-19 infection, more than 374,329 Americans are affected.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global point-of-care infectious disease testing market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Siemens Healthineers
- Sight Diagnostics Ltd
- bioMérieux SA
- Cardinal Health
- Trinity Biotech
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- Gene POC
- Becton Dickinson Company
- Trivitron Healthcare
- Chembio Diagnostics Systems, Inc.
- OJ-Bio Ltd
Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market: Research Scope
Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market, by Product
- Influenza Testing Products
- HIV Testing Products
- Hepatitis C Testing Products
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Testing Products
- Respiratory Infection Testing Products
- Tropical Disease Testing Products
- Other Infectious Disease Testing Products
Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market, by Technique
- Lateral Flow Assays
- Plasmonics Technology
- Molecular Diagnostics
Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market, by End-user
- Home Care Settings
- Research Laboratories
Point-of-Care Infectious Disease Testing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.