Pocket Perfume Market: Introduction
- Perfume products, colognes, and deodorants have become important personal care products, in recent years. Fragrances have changed the grooming habits of people. Previously, fragrant products were considered to be luxury items; the perception has changed and they have now become an important item used in daily life. These products are also used to express flamboyance, confidence, and personality. Of late, pocket perfumes have grown in popularity because they are easy to carry and can be used on the go, so they serve as one of the biggest drivers in the market. FMCG giant CavinKare recently unveiled the first sachet perfume of its kind under its brand Spinz.
Key Drivers, Trends, and Restraints of the Pocket Perfume Market
- Pocket perfumes are gaining acceptance amongst users. They are easy to carry and compact and can be kept in pockets and small bags, which are making them popular products to use.
- Population growth coupled with rising consumer spending on personal care and beauty products, growing awareness of therapeutic benefits, and force marketing by manufacturers are impacting the demand for pocket perfumes in the global market.
- R&D and advertising drives market growth and key players are trying to innovate more convenient products to raise the demand in the market. In addition, the growing influence of social media platforms and the popularity of celebrities has had an impact on the marketing strategies adopted by key market players. With the growth of online sales, cosmetics and perfume retailers are increasingly adding photos and videos to boost perfume sales. Some online cosmetic retailers also offer the opportunity to customize perfumes and colognes. Therefore, key market players invest heavily in advertising and promotion on digital platforms. These are directly influencing the demand for pocket perfumes in the market.
- Alongside, tropical countries and countries with high temperature may affect the efficiency of beauty products. So pocket perfumes can be helpful in these countries. Currently, people have more disposable income and spending capacity has increased. So buying new products and experimenting is not an issue. Young people are more willing to indulge in the new products.
- People lean toward perfume products with the increase in disposable income and improved awareness about personal hygiene, which can raise the demand in the market. Increased adoption of smartphones and the internet, especially in developing countries has made e-commerce websites accessible to customers. Thus, consumers are getting more exposure to online offerings. Moreover, in recent years, developing countries are gaining exposure to foreign luxury brands such as Dolce & Gabbana, Giorgio Armani, Hugo Boss, and Montblanc, and with the increase in awareness, demand for these brands and their perfume products are also increasing.
- Toxic chemicals such as ethanol, formaldehyde, and benzaldehyde, which are found in many fragrance products, often cause rashes or hot flashes and can lead to inflammation, dryness, redness, and irritation of the skin. Consumers who are aware of the effects of these chemicals avoid buying and using such products. This can impact the demand for the product in the market.
APAC the Leading Markets for Pocket Perfumes
- By region, the global pocket perfume market is classified into North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA).
- Asian countries, such as China, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and other countries, play a key role in making Asia Pacific a fast growing market for pocket perfumes. In addition, China is one of the world's fastest growing beauty markets and is experiencing growing demand for luxury colognes and perfumes, leading to an increase in the number of foreign producers expanding their sales in the Chinese market.
Key Players Operating in the Global Pocket Perfume Market
Some of the major companies identified in the pocket perfume market are:
- Procter & Gamble
- Estée Lauder Inc.
- Chanel SA
- Puig SL
- Johnson & Johnson
- Avon Products Inc.
- Elizabeth Arden, Inc.
Global Pocket Perfume Market: Research Scope
Global Pocket Perfume Market, by Type
- Extrait de Parfum
- Eau de Perfume
- Eau de Toilette
- Eau de Cologne
- Eau Fraiche
Global Pocket Perfume Market, by Price
Global Pocket Perfume Market, by End-users
Global Pocket Perfume Market, by Distribution Channels
- Company Website
- E-commerce Platforms
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Others (Independent Retail Stores, etc.)
Global Pocket Perfume Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.