Pneumonia Vaccine Market: Introduction
- Pneumonia can be defined as lung infection which affects the air sacs and fills them up with fluid or pus. Infants below the age of two years and adults over the age of 65 years are at the higher risk of acquiring pneumonia.
- Pneumococcal diseases are considered to be common among children and adults. Elderly population is significantly prone to these infections, which might even lead to death. Pneumonia vaccines are usually administered to children less than two years of age and to adults over 65 years of age.
- Pneumonia vaccine aids in fighting and provides immunization against over 13 types of pneumococcal bacteria known to cause infection in the lungs
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Pneumonia Vaccine Market
- The global annual incidence of pneumonia is considered to be over 150.7 million cases according to the WHO Child Health Epidemiology Reference Group. In addition, over 95% of all these cases are known to be occurring in the developing countries. Furthermore, over 150 million new cases of pneumonia are known to occur in children below five years of age, leading to nearly 20 million hospitalizations annually at a global level. This high prevalence of pneumonia in children globally contributes to the growth of the pneumonia vaccines market.
- Growing geriatric population along with the increasing prevalence of pneumococcal infections, makes the aging population more prone to infections, contributing to the rise in demand for pneumonia vaccines.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Pneumonia Vaccine Market Report
- Furthermore, people with weakened immune system, including people suffering from heart disease, diabetes, smokers, and heavy drinkers, are more likely to get pneumonia. Increase in the population with weakened immune system contributes to the demand for pneumonia vaccine aiding in the growth of the market.
North America to Lead Global Pneumonia Vaccine Market
- In terms of region, the global pneumonia vaccine market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global pneumonia vaccine market in 2018, owing to strong presence of leading market players, high prevalence of pneumonia, increasing government focus on immunization programs, and advancements in administration of vaccines
- Europe was the second largest market for pneumonia vaccine in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for pneumonia vaccine, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Growing focus of the governments in countries in Asia on enhancing healthcare facilities, government initiatives, rising disposable income, and rapid economic development contribute to the growth of the pneumonia vaccine market in the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Pneumonia Vaccine Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Pneumonia Vaccine Market
Leading players in the global pneumonia vaccine market are:
- Glaxosmithkline plc.
- LG Chem Ltd.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Panacea Biotec Limited
- Pfizer Inc.
- Pnuvax Incorporated
- Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd.
- Shenzhen Kangtai Biological Products Co., Ltd. (Beijing Minhai Biotechnology Corporation Limited)
- SK Bioscience
- Walvax Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
Global Pneumonia Vaccine Market: Research Scope
Global Pneumonia Vaccine Market, by Vaccine Type
- Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine
- Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine
Global Pneumonia Vaccine Market, by Product Type
- Prevnar 13
- Pneumovax 23
Global Pneumonia Vaccine Market, by Sector
Global Pneumonia Vaccine Market, by Distribution Channel
- Distribution Partner Companies
- Non-governmental Organizations (NGO)
- Government Authorities
Global Pneumonia Vaccine Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.