Pneumonia Vaccine Market: Introduction
- Pneumonia can be defined as lung infection which affects the air sacs and fills them up with fluid or pus. Infants below the age of two years and adults over the age of 65 years are at the higher risk of acquiring pneumonia.
- Pneumococcal diseases are considered to be common among children and adults. Elderly population is significantly prone to these infections, which might even lead to death. Pneumonia vaccines are usually administered to children less than two years of age and to adults over 65 years of age.
- Pneumonia vaccine aids in fighting and provides immunization against over 13 types of pneumococcal bacteria known to cause infection in the lungs
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Pneumonia Vaccine Market
- The global annual incidence of pneumonia is considered to be over 150.7 million cases according to the WHO Child Health Epidemiology Reference Group. In addition, over 95% of all these cases are known to be occurring in the developing countries. Furthermore, over 150 million new cases of pneumonia are known to occur in children below five years of age, leading to nearly 20 million hospitalizations annually at a global level. This high prevalence of pneumonia in children globally contributes to the growth of the pneumonia vaccines market.
- Growing geriatric population along with the increasing prevalence of pneumococcal infections, makes the aging population more prone to infections, contributing to the rise in demand for pneumonia vaccines.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Pneumonia Vaccine Market Report
- Furthermore, people with weakened immune system, including people suffering from heart disease, diabetes, smokers, and heavy drinkers, are more likely to get pneumonia. Increase in the population with weakened immune system contributes to the demand for pneumonia vaccine aiding in the growth of the market.
North America to Lead Global Pneumonia Vaccine Market
- In terms of region, the global pneumonia vaccine market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global pneumonia vaccine market in 2018, owing to strong presence of leading market players, high prevalence of pneumonia, increasing government focus on immunization programs, and advancements in administration of vaccines
- Europe was the second largest market for pneumonia vaccine in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for pneumonia vaccine, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Growing focus of the governments in countries in Asia on enhancing healthcare facilities, government initiatives, rising disposable income, and rapid economic development contribute to the growth of the pneumonia vaccine market in the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Pneumonia Vaccine Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Pneumonia Vaccine Market
Leading players in the global pneumonia vaccine market are:
- Glaxosmithkline plc.
- LG Chem Ltd.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Panacea Biotec Limited
- Pfizer Inc.
- Pnuvax Incorporated
- Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd.
- Shenzhen Kangtai Biological Products Co., Ltd. (Beijing Minhai Biotechnology Corporation Limited)
- SK Bioscience
- Walvax Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
Global Pneumonia Vaccine Market: Research Scope
Global Pneumonia Vaccine Market, by Vaccine Type
- Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine
- Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine
Global Pneumonia Vaccine Market, by Product Type
- Prevnar 13
- Pneumovax 23
Global Pneumonia Vaccine Market, by Sector
Global Pneumonia Vaccine Market, by Distribution Channel
- Distribution Partner Companies
- Non-governmental Organizations (NGO)
- Government Authorities
Global Pneumonia Vaccine Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.