Pneumology digital Stethoscope market: Introduction
- Respiratory disease has been a major concern for the healthcare sector worldwide. According to a report by the Forum of International Respiratory Societies (2017), COPD affects more than 200 million worldwide. Stethoscope is a crucial tool for pulmonologist for initial diagnosis of respiratory diseases, which include COPD, asthma, acute lower respiratory tract infections, TB, and lung cancer. A stethoscope helps the physician or healthcare provider to listen to sounds emanating from the internal organs such as lungs, heart, etc. The two types of stethoscopes available in the market are: traditional (acoustic) stethoscope and digital stethoscope.
- The acoustic stethoscope transmits the sound from the chest piece via air filled hollow tubes to the listener’s ears. The chest piece usually consists of two parts; the bell, which transmits the lower frequency sound and the second is the diaphragm that transmits higher frequency sound. Unlike acoustic stethoscopes, which are all based on the same principle of physics, transducers in electronic stethoscopes differ widely. Digital stethoscopes convert acoustic sound waves obtained through the chest piece into electronic signals that are transmitted through uniquely designed circuitry and processed for optimal listening. Digitized stethoscopes can transmit serialized audio data that can be shared in real-time or can be stored for later hearing. These stethoscopes detect sound through an electronic stethoscope sensor, which converts sound energy to electricity and can amplify it, filter it by frequency, and finally convert the data from analog to digital.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Pneumology Digital Stethoscope Market
- Rise in respiratory health issues cases related to the respiratory system has driven the demand for digital stethoscope. Low sound level transmission has remained a major issue with the traditional stethoscope. Electronic stethoscopes utilize advanced technology to overcome these low sound levels by electronically amplifying body sounds. Digital stethoscopes enable pulmonologist to hear pulmonary sounds more accurately, as compared to traditional stethoscopes, in order to formulate a diagnosis.
- High cost and few options are major factors restraining the adoption of digital stethoscope. Furthermore, currently, only three electronic stethoscope models are available that can be utilized to transmit serial data for real-time transmission: the Littmann 3200, the Telehealth Technologies TR1-EF, and the CareTone.
- Technological advancements and increasing demand are offering considerable opportunities in the market. Countries in Southeast Asia are witnessing an increase in patients with respiratory issues due to increasing pollution in the sub-region. This is estimated to further provide opportunities for the digital stethoscope market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Pneumology Digital Stethoscope Market
- Approximately 6.8 million emergency department visits (2017) for respiratory disorders for patients under the age of 18 were recorded in the U.S. According to U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, the approximate number of adults aged 18 and over who currently have asthma are 19.2 million. North America accounts for a major share of the global pneumology digital stethoscope market.
- The pneumology digital stethoscope market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace as Asia has a high number of countries in the list of top 10 countries with worst air quality, which is also a major reason for people having respiratory issues. Demand for digital stethoscope has been increasing, which provides more accurate outcome at the time of diagnosis for respiratory diseases. Moreover, increasing awareness related to respiratory health issues early stage among people has also fueled the demand for digital stethoscope among pneumologist.
Key Players Operating in Scleral lens Market
The global pneumology digital stethoscope market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global pneumology digital stethoscope market are:
- Eko Devices
- FarmaSino Pharmaceuticals
- Contec Medical Systems
- Qufu Longer Care Meditech Limited
- Exanovo Group
- Think Labs Medical LLC
- Sensi Cardiac
Pneumology digital Stethoscope: Research Scope
Global Pneumology Digital Stethoscope Market, by Technology
- Wireless Transmission System
- Integrated Receiver Head Piece System
- Integrated Chest Piece System
- Numerical Stimulation and System Integration
Global Pneumology Digital Stethoscope Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic centres
Global Pneumology Digital Stethoscope Market, by Distribution
- Hospital and Clinical Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.