Pneumology digital Stethoscope market: Introduction
- Respiratory disease has been a major concern for the healthcare sector worldwide. According to a report by the Forum of International Respiratory Societies (2017), COPD affects more than 200 million worldwide. Stethoscope is a crucial tool for pulmonologist for initial diagnosis of respiratory diseases, which include COPD, asthma, acute lower respiratory tract infections, TB, and lung cancer. A stethoscope helps the physician or healthcare provider to listen to sounds emanating from the internal organs such as lungs, heart, etc. The two types of stethoscopes available in the market are: traditional (acoustic) stethoscope and digital stethoscope.
- The acoustic stethoscope transmits the sound from the chest piece via air filled hollow tubes to the listener’s ears. The chest piece usually consists of two parts; the bell, which transmits the lower frequency sound and the second is the diaphragm that transmits higher frequency sound. Unlike acoustic stethoscopes, which are all based on the same principle of physics, transducers in electronic stethoscopes differ widely. Digital stethoscopes convert acoustic sound waves obtained through the chest piece into electronic signals that are transmitted through uniquely designed circuitry and processed for optimal listening. Digitized stethoscopes can transmit serialized audio data that can be shared in real-time or can be stored for later hearing. These stethoscopes detect sound through an electronic stethoscope sensor, which converts sound energy to electricity and can amplify it, filter it by frequency, and finally convert the data from analog to digital.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Pneumology Digital Stethoscope Market
- Rise in respiratory health issues cases related to the respiratory system has driven the demand for digital stethoscope. Low sound level transmission has remained a major issue with the traditional stethoscope. Electronic stethoscopes utilize advanced technology to overcome these low sound levels by electronically amplifying body sounds. Digital stethoscopes enable pulmonologist to hear pulmonary sounds more accurately, as compared to traditional stethoscopes, in order to formulate a diagnosis.
- High cost and few options are major factors restraining the adoption of digital stethoscope. Furthermore, currently, only three electronic stethoscope models are available that can be utilized to transmit serial data for real-time transmission: the Littmann 3200, the Telehealth Technologies TR1-EF, and the CareTone.
- Technological advancements and increasing demand are offering considerable opportunities in the market. Countries in Southeast Asia are witnessing an increase in patients with respiratory issues due to increasing pollution in the sub-region. This is estimated to further provide opportunities for the digital stethoscope market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Pneumology Digital Stethoscope Market
- Approximately 6.8 million emergency department visits (2017) for respiratory disorders for patients under the age of 18 were recorded in the U.S. According to U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, the approximate number of adults aged 18 and over who currently have asthma are 19.2 million. North America accounts for a major share of the global pneumology digital stethoscope market.
- The pneumology digital stethoscope market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace as Asia has a high number of countries in the list of top 10 countries with worst air quality, which is also a major reason for people having respiratory issues. Demand for digital stethoscope has been increasing, which provides more accurate outcome at the time of diagnosis for respiratory diseases. Moreover, increasing awareness related to respiratory health issues early stage among people has also fueled the demand for digital stethoscope among pneumologist.
Key Players Operating in Scleral lens Market
The global pneumology digital stethoscope market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global pneumology digital stethoscope market are:
- Eko Devices
- FarmaSino Pharmaceuticals
- Contec Medical Systems
- Qufu Longer Care Meditech Limited
- Exanovo Group
- Think Labs Medical LLC
- Sensi Cardiac
Pneumology digital Stethoscope: Research Scope
Global Pneumology Digital Stethoscope Market, by Technology
- Wireless Transmission System
- Integrated Receiver Head Piece System
- Integrated Chest Piece System
- Numerical Stimulation and System Integration
Global Pneumology Digital Stethoscope Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic centres
Global Pneumology Digital Stethoscope Market, by Distribution
- Hospital and Clinical Pharmacies