Pneumatic Positioner Market: Introduction
- A pneumatic positioner is a force balance device used to adjust the position of valve actuators by using controlled pneumatic output pressure.
- The application of pneumatic positioners in industrial automation for controlling the motion in valve actuators improves the productivity of the equipment.
Pneumatic Positioner Market Dynamics
- The increasing demand for customized pneumatic positioners is considered to be a key factor fueling the growth of the pneumatic positioner market. Manufacturers of valve positioners are engaged in providing a wide range of customizable products in terms of coating and body material of the positioners to differentiate themselves from other leading vendors present in the market and to sustain in this competitive environment.
- Wide availability of customizable products aid different end-users to select appropriate customized products as per their application requirements. For instance, vendors in the chemical and petrochemical industry select anti-corrosion coating enabled valve positioners as these positioners are exposed to numerous chemically harsh liquids.
- Increasing usage of digital or smart valve positioners is another key trend gaining traction in the market. These positioners can analyze the functioning of the valves by collecting data about the valves. Therefore, manufacturers are able to produce analytical models which help to improve the operational efficiency of the plant.
- Smart positioners are increasingly being adopted by end-users as it offers more operational efficiency than the other conventional positioners.
- However, the fluctuation in prices of raw material for manufacturing pneumatic positioners is expected to limit the growth of the market in the upcoming years. Any volatility in raw material prices prevents manufacturing companies from adopting pneumatic positioners, thereby restraining the growth of the market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Pneumatic Positioner Market: Segmentation Analysis
- Based on product type, the global pneumatic positioner market can be bifurcated into linear positioner and rotary positioner.
- Based on end-use, the global pneumatic positioner market can be divided into oil and gas, metals and mining, water and wastewater, chemical and petrochemical, and others.
- The oil and gas industry is a prominent end-user of pneumatic positioner. Thus, this end-user segment accounted for major market share in 2018. This segment is projected to maintain its dominance in the global market throughout the forecast period.
- Globally growing demand and consumption of oil has encouraged oil and gas companies to deal with several operations simultaneously that require to be properly planned, executed, observed, and maintained on time. Thus, oil and gas companies are always looking for improved and innovative ways to meet the growing energy demand as well as to enhance operational efficiency and reduce operating cost of the plant.
- Thus, rising demand for energy across the world has augmented the number of installations of pneumatic positioners to support efficient operation of the oil and gas industry.
Europe to Lead the Global Pneumatic Positioner Market
- In terms of region, the global pneumatic positioner market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is likely to witness the maximum demand for pneumatic positioners from 2019 to 2027 followed by Asia Pacific and North America.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the near future. Asian countries such as China and India, are experiencing strong growth in the industrial sector including chemical and petrochemical, metals and mining, water & wastewater treatment, oil and gas, and other related industries. This is expected to be a major factor that drives the demand for pneumatic positioners, and thereby boost the pneumatic positioner market in the region.
- Moreover, growing urban population has enhanced the demand for innovative and improved wastewater treatment systems. This is expected to drive the demand for pneumatic positioners in Asia Pacific.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global pneumatic positioner market was moderately fragmented in 2018, with presence of multiple established market players who have occupied prominent share in the market. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Emerson Electric Co.
- General Electric Company
- Flowserve Corporation
- Schneider Electric SE
- Honeywell International Inc.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Global Pneumatic Positioner Market: Research Scope
Pneumatic Positioner Market, by Product Type
- Linear Positioner
- Rotary Positioner
Pneumatic Positioner Market, by End-user
- Oil and gas
- Metals and mining
- Water and wastewater
- Chemical and petrochemical
Global Pneumatic Positioner Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.