Plunger Pumps Introduction
- In a plunger pump (also known as a positive displacement pump) a smooth cylindrical plunger slides through the seal and high pressure seal is stationary.
- Seals are an essential part of plunger pumps to separate the power fluid from the media that is being pumped.
- Plunger pumps are used in those industries where pressure on liquid is very high. This characteristic makes plunger pumps different from piston pumps. Plunger pumps are essentially used to transfer industrial and municipal sewage.
- The global plunger pumps market is predicted to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to increased demand for plunger pumps in different industries such as paper and pulp, water treatment, and marine.
- The plunger pump generates maximum pressure of 3500 bar and flow rates up to 209 m3/h per pump. Performance range for plunger pumps is 0.13 gpm to 240 gpm (0.49 to 908 lpm) and 100 psi to 10,000 psi (6.9 bars to 689 bars).
- In plunger pumps, the component materials are available in iron, nickel, aluminum, bronze, 316 and 304 stainless steel, brass, duplex stainless steel, and nickel alloy.
- In terms of application of plunger pumps, water treatment, construction, and power generation are projected to register highest growth during the forecast period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Plunger Pumps Dynamics
Key Drivers of the Plunger Pumps Market
- A rise in investments and living standards of people and growth in the global economy has impelled growth in urban infrastructure development and planning. This in turn is expected to propel the demand for plunger pumps in the next few years.
- A rise in the number of chemical factories around the world and in some of the developing economies such as India and China is another major factor expected to fuel the plunger pumps market globally. According to India Brand Equity Foundation, the chemical sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15%-20% by 2025 in India.
- Shifting penetration and awareness about clean fuel technologies and green energy is further anticipated to fuel the market growth from the oil and gas industry.
Lack of Knowledge Hindering the Growth of the Plunger Pumps Market
- The fall in oil prices in the past few years drastically impacted the pump industry; this in turn is expected to hinder the growth of the plunger pumps market in the upcoming years.
- Lack of knowledge about the features of plunger pumps among consumers and growing customization demand are some of the major factors projected to hamper the market growth in the next few years.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Plunger Pumps Market”
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Plunger Pumps Market
- North America is a dominating market for plunger pumps where the U.S. is the key market. The plunger pumps market in North America and Europe has reached a maturity stage.
- The plunger pumps market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace in terms of CAGR during the forecast period, followed by Europe and North America. This can be attributed to the increasing infrastructure development across developing countries. Rising investments in water treatment and power generation in Saudi Arabia, UAE, India, Brazil, Qatar, and China are anticipated to drive the plunger pumps market in the coming years.
- Increasing requirement of sanitation in developing countries of Asia, South America, and Africa is boosting the disposal and wastewater treatment industry, which in turn is expected to increase the demand for plunger pumps in these applications.
Plunger Pumps Market- Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Plunger Pumps Market
The plunger pumps market is highly competitive due to the presence of a large number of manufacturers operating at the global as well as the regional level. Several players manufacture plunger pumps. Thus, the intensity of competition is high among these players. Moreover, rapid technological advancements have led to the threat of substitution in the plunger pumps market. Key players operating in the global plunger pumps market include:
- FMC Technologies
- Grundfos Holding A/S
- Parker Hannifin Corp
- Flowserve Corporation
- ProMinent GmbH
- Gardner Denver, Inc.
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Atlas Copco
- Graco Inc.
- Ingersoll Rand
- Jiangsu Hengyuan Hydraulic Co., Ltd
- Shenzhen DeyuxinTechnology Co., Ltd.
- Tianjin Haisheng Pump Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
Plunger Pumps Market: Research Scope
Plunger Pumps Market Segmentation – by Material Type
- Stainless Steel
- Nickel Alloy
Plunger Pumps Market Segmentation – by Product Type
- Electric Drive
Plunger Pumps Market Segmentation – by Application
- Water Treatment
- Marine Applications
- Oil and Gas
- Pulp and Paper
- Hydrocarbon Refinement
- Chemical Injection
- Commercial Cleaning
- Government and Military
- Seawater Desalination
Plunger Pumps Market Segmentation - by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.