Pleural Effusion Treatment Market: Introduction
- Pleural effusion is a condition that causes the accumulation of an unusual amount of fluid around the lungs. The pleura is a thin membrane that is spread on the surface of the lungs and inside of the chest wall, and the fluid filled in the space of the pleura layers results into pleural effusion. Common causes of pleural effusions include leaking from other organs, infections, cancer, kidney failure, malignancy, cirrhosis, autoimmune conditions, and pulmonary embolism. Symptoms of pleural effusion include shortness of breath, chest pain, fever, and cough. Key diagnostic procedures include chest X-ray, CT scan, and Ultrasound. Pleural effusion can be categorized into two types: transudate and exudate. Transudate pleural effusion is caused by an imbalance of the vascular hydrostatic and oncotic forces in the chest, which results into ultra filtrates of plasma. Exudate is more serious condition and is widely caused by inflammatory conditions.
- As per NCBI, research published in 2019, pleural effusion is highly common and estimated to affect around 1.5 million patients every year in the U.S. Majority of pleural effusion is caused by the cancer, heart failure, and pneumonia. According to the Egyptian Journal of Bronchology, exudates pleural effusion accounted for 77.7%, while transudates pleural effusion accounted for 23.3% cases. In Germany, pleural effusion cases range from 400 000 to 500 000 every year.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Pleural Effusion Treatment Market
- Rise in prevalence of congestive heart failure, and other heart conditions, lung conditions, cancer, pneumonia, and tuberculosis is estimated to boost the need for treatment of pleural effusion globally. Delay in diagnosis of pleural effusion could lead to mortality & morbidity, which in turn is likely to boost the need for effective procedures for the treatment of the same at the global level. Moreover, proper diagnosis and availability of expertise offering pleural effusion surgeries are likely to drive the pleural effusion treatment market. For instance, 30% to 50% of systemic lupus erythematosus patients are likely to suffer from the pleural effusion. 21% of idiopathic and familial pulmonary hypertension patients are estimated to suffer from pleural effusion. All these factors and rising incidences of pleural effusion are estimated to boost the global pleural effusion treatment market.
- As per NCBI, 20% to 55% of pulmonary embolism patients suffer from pleural effusion, and the frequency of pleural effusion in this condition depends on embolism and pulmonary infections. Thoracentesis is a highly common procedure used as an initial treatment for the pleural fluid drainage. This is a highly common minimal invasive treatment required for the pleural effusion, which is a key factor for boosting the global market. Furthermore, 3,000 per million population at the global level are likely to be impacted by pleural effusion, which boosts the need for optimal treatment of the same.
North America to Lead Global Pleural Effusion Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global pleural effusion treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global pleural effusion treatment market during the forecast period due to an increase in prevalence of cancer, cardiovascular diseases, pneumonia, and chronic lung diseases, which leads to a rise in pleural effusion condition. This is a major factor driving the demand for effective treatment for the same in the region. Moreover, advanced and standard diagnostic tools for the proper diagnosis of pleural effusion is another factor boosting the market in North America. In the U.S., according to the NCBI, approx., 1.5 million patients are likely to have been diagnosed with pleural effusion and 178,000 patients are estimated to have undergone thoracentesis procedure. Moreover, rising incidence of pleural effusion in the region associated with other chronic conditions is another factor driving the pleural effusion treatment market.
- Europe was the second-largest market for pleural effusion treatment globally, followed by Asia Pacific, owing to a rise in the prevalence of chronic lung conditions and cancer diseases leading to pleural effusion state. This is a major factor boosting the market in Europe. Presence of key players and availability of the expertise in performing surgeries are major factors driving the pleural effusion treatment market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Pleural Effusion Treatment Market
The global pleural effusion treatment market is consolidated, owing to the presence established players globally. Major players operating in the global pleural effusion treatment market are:
- Rocket Medical plc
- Cardinal Health
- Armstrong medical
- Yushin Medical Co ltd
- Boston Medical Products Inc. ( Bess group company)
- Smiths Medical
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
Global Pleural Effusion Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Pleural Effusion Treatment Market, by Type
Global Pleural Effusion Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Tube thoracostomy (chest tube)
- Pleural drain
- Pleural decortication
Global Pleural Effusion Treatment Market, by End-user
- Specialized Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Pleural Effusion Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.