Pleural Effusion Treatment Market: Introduction
- Pleural effusion is a condition that causes the accumulation of an unusual amount of fluid around the lungs. The pleura is a thin membrane that is spread on the surface of the lungs and inside of the chest wall, and the fluid filled in the space of the pleura layers results into pleural effusion. Common causes of pleural effusions include leaking from other organs, infections, cancer, kidney failure, malignancy, cirrhosis, autoimmune conditions, and pulmonary embolism. Symptoms of pleural effusion include shortness of breath, chest pain, fever, and cough. Key diagnostic procedures include chest X-ray, CT scan, and Ultrasound. Pleural effusion can be categorized into two types: transudate and exudate. Transudate pleural effusion is caused by an imbalance of the vascular hydrostatic and oncotic forces in the chest, which results into ultra filtrates of plasma. Exudate is more serious condition and is widely caused by inflammatory conditions.
- As per NCBI, research published in 2019, pleural effusion is highly common and estimated to affect around 1.5 million patients every year in the U.S. Majority of pleural effusion is caused by the cancer, heart failure, and pneumonia. According to the Egyptian Journal of Bronchology, exudates pleural effusion accounted for 77.7%, while transudates pleural effusion accounted for 23.3% cases. In Germany, pleural effusion cases range from 400 000 to 500 000 every year.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Pleural Effusion Treatment Market
- Rise in prevalence of congestive heart failure, and other heart conditions, lung conditions, cancer, pneumonia, and tuberculosis is estimated to boost the need for treatment of pleural effusion globally. Delay in diagnosis of pleural effusion could lead to mortality & morbidity, which in turn is likely to boost the need for effective procedures for the treatment of the same at the global level. Moreover, proper diagnosis and availability of expertise offering pleural effusion surgeries are likely to drive the pleural effusion treatment market. For instance, 30% to 50% of systemic lupus erythematosus patients are likely to suffer from the pleural effusion. 21% of idiopathic and familial pulmonary hypertension patients are estimated to suffer from pleural effusion. All these factors and rising incidences of pleural effusion are estimated to boost the global pleural effusion treatment market.
- As per NCBI, 20% to 55% of pulmonary embolism patients suffer from pleural effusion, and the frequency of pleural effusion in this condition depends on embolism and pulmonary infections. Thoracentesis is a highly common procedure used as an initial treatment for the pleural fluid drainage. This is a highly common minimal invasive treatment required for the pleural effusion, which is a key factor for boosting the global market. Furthermore, 3,000 per million population at the global level are likely to be impacted by pleural effusion, which boosts the need for optimal treatment of the same.
North America to Lead Global Pleural Effusion Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global pleural effusion treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global pleural effusion treatment market during the forecast period due to an increase in prevalence of cancer, cardiovascular diseases, pneumonia, and chronic lung diseases, which leads to a rise in pleural effusion condition. This is a major factor driving the demand for effective treatment for the same in the region. Moreover, advanced and standard diagnostic tools for the proper diagnosis of pleural effusion is another factor boosting the market in North America. In the U.S., according to the NCBI, approx., 1.5 million patients are likely to have been diagnosed with pleural effusion and 178,000 patients are estimated to have undergone thoracentesis procedure. Moreover, rising incidence of pleural effusion in the region associated with other chronic conditions is another factor driving the pleural effusion treatment market.
- Europe was the second-largest market for pleural effusion treatment globally, followed by Asia Pacific, owing to a rise in the prevalence of chronic lung conditions and cancer diseases leading to pleural effusion state. This is a major factor boosting the market in Europe. Presence of key players and availability of the expertise in performing surgeries are major factors driving the pleural effusion treatment market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Pleural Effusion Treatment Market
The global pleural effusion treatment market is consolidated, owing to the presence established players globally. Major players operating in the global pleural effusion treatment market are:
- Rocket Medical plc
- Cardinal Health
- Armstrong medical
- Yushin Medical Co ltd
- Boston Medical Products Inc. ( Bess group company)
- Smiths Medical
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
Global Pleural Effusion Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Pleural Effusion Treatment Market, by Type
Global Pleural Effusion Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Tube thoracostomy (chest tube)
- Pleural drain
- Pleural decortication
Global Pleural Effusion Treatment Market, by End-user
- Specialized Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Pleural Effusion Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.