Plastic Bandages: Introduction
- Plastic bandage is a small part of plastic material used either to support a medical device, such as a dressing or a splint, or to provide support to or restrict the movement of a part of the body. Plastic bandages are used as adhesive strips for abrasions, minor cuts, and puncture wounds.
- These bandages protect the wound from dirt, bacteria, and friction. At the time of injury, the healing process slows down. Plastic bandages have antiseptic properties, which help to increase the wound healing process, expect in cases of deep abrasion, burns, and excess bleeding. Plastic bandages are easy to use, store, and cheap. Plastic bandages are mostly adhesive bandages.
- Plastic materials for adhesive bandages are synthetic, semi synthetic, or organic compounds that are utilized for bandage formation. Plastic adhesive bandages are generally made from a film of polyethylene, polyurethane, or PVC. Plastic bandages are available in a number of sizes and styles.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Plastic Bandages Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Plastic Bandages Market
- Increase in the number of recreational activities, such as adventure sports, hunting, trekking, etc., result in multiple cuts, abrasion, minor injuries, and wounds, which need application of plastic bandages
- Number of road accidents are also increasing globally. Some of the non-fatal road injuries need rapid application of plastic bandages.
- According to STANFORD CHILDREN’S HEALTH, more than 3.5 million children aged 14 years or below sustain injuries annually, while playing sports or taking part in recreational activities in the U.S.
- Rise in incidence rate of domestic as well as workplace injuries are other areas requiring adhesive bandages. Domestic activities, such as cooking, daily work at home, fall, burns due to hot drinks/cooking, , etc., are a major source of injury, especially among women and children.
- As per an article published in A Secure Life, every year, more than 3.4 million children experience unintentional household injury in the U.S.
Flexible Fabric Bandages Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on type, the global plastic bandages market can be segmented into flexible fabric bandages, cohesive fixation bandages, and others
- Flexible fabric bandages type segment accounted for the highest share of the global plastic bandages market in 2018. This segment is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period. The dominance of this segment can be ascribed to the rise in incidence rate of injuries, especially in workplace and households resulting in increase in demand for plastic bandages. In addition, flexible fabric bandages are water-resistant.
Hospital Pharmacies Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of distribution channel, the global plastic bandages market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online sales
- Hospital pharmacies segment generated the highest revenue in 2018 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the rise in cases of accidental injuries and their admission to hospitals and emergency clinics for treatment, better first-aid facilities available at hospitals & clinics, and well-equipped staff with facilities for personal care.
- Retail pharmacies segment is projected to register highest growth during the forecast period, owing to easy availability of adhesive bandages of different brands and variants at retail stores
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Plastic Bandages Market Report
North America to Dominate Global Plastic Bandages Market
- In terms of region, the global plastic bandages market can be categorized into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global plastic bandages market in 2018 and is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. This dominance of the region can be attributed to the rise in demand for plastic bandages, presence of major market players, early adoption of new products, technological advancements, and established distribution channels.
- This market in Asia Pacific is projected to register highest growth during the forecast period, owing to increase in health care expenditure and improvements in health care facilities
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global plastic bandages market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Cardinal Health
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- BSN Medical Inc.
- Smith & Nephew
Plastic Bandages Market: Research Scope
Plastic Bandages Market, by Type
- Flexible Fabric Bandages
- Cohesive Fixation Bandages
Plastic Bandages Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Sales
Plastic Bandages Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.