Plastic Bandages: Introduction
- Plastic bandage is a small part of plastic material used either to support a medical device, such as a dressing or a splint, or to provide support to or restrict the movement of a part of the body. Plastic bandages are used as adhesive strips for abrasions, minor cuts, and puncture wounds.
- These bandages protect the wound from dirt, bacteria, and friction. At the time of injury, the healing process slows down. Plastic bandages have antiseptic properties, which help to increase the wound healing process, expect in cases of deep abrasion, burns, and excess bleeding. Plastic bandages are easy to use, store, and cheap. Plastic bandages are mostly adhesive bandages.
- Plastic materials for adhesive bandages are synthetic, semi synthetic, or organic compounds that are utilized for bandage formation. Plastic adhesive bandages are generally made from a film of polyethylene, polyurethane, or PVC. Plastic bandages are available in a number of sizes and styles.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Plastic Bandages Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Plastic Bandages Market
- Increase in the number of recreational activities, such as adventure sports, hunting, trekking, etc., result in multiple cuts, abrasion, minor injuries, and wounds, which need application of plastic bandages
- Number of road accidents are also increasing globally. Some of the non-fatal road injuries need rapid application of plastic bandages.
- According to STANFORD CHILDREN’S HEALTH, more than 3.5 million children aged 14 years or below sustain injuries annually, while playing sports or taking part in recreational activities in the U.S.
- Rise in incidence rate of domestic as well as workplace injuries are other areas requiring adhesive bandages. Domestic activities, such as cooking, daily work at home, fall, burns due to hot drinks/cooking, , etc., are a major source of injury, especially among women and children.
- As per an article published in A Secure Life, every year, more than 3.4 million children experience unintentional household injury in the U.S.
Flexible Fabric Bandages Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on type, the global plastic bandages market can be segmented into flexible fabric bandages, cohesive fixation bandages, and others
- Flexible fabric bandages type segment accounted for the highest share of the global plastic bandages market in 2018. This segment is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period. The dominance of this segment can be ascribed to the rise in incidence rate of injuries, especially in workplace and households resulting in increase in demand for plastic bandages. In addition, flexible fabric bandages are water-resistant.
Hospital Pharmacies Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of distribution channel, the global plastic bandages market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online sales
- Hospital pharmacies segment generated the highest revenue in 2018 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the rise in cases of accidental injuries and their admission to hospitals and emergency clinics for treatment, better first-aid facilities available at hospitals & clinics, and well-equipped staff with facilities for personal care.
- Retail pharmacies segment is projected to register highest growth during the forecast period, owing to easy availability of adhesive bandages of different brands and variants at retail stores
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Plastic Bandages Market Report
North America to Dominate Global Plastic Bandages Market
- In terms of region, the global plastic bandages market can be categorized into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global plastic bandages market in 2018 and is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. This dominance of the region can be attributed to the rise in demand for plastic bandages, presence of major market players, early adoption of new products, technological advancements, and established distribution channels.
- This market in Asia Pacific is projected to register highest growth during the forecast period, owing to increase in health care expenditure and improvements in health care facilities
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global plastic bandages market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Cardinal Health
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- BSN Medical Inc.
- Smith & Nephew
Plastic Bandages Market: Research Scope
Plastic Bandages Market, by Type
- Flexible Fabric Bandages
- Cohesive Fixation Bandages
Plastic Bandages Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Sales
Plastic Bandages Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.