Plaque and Thrombus Management Devices Market: Introduction
- Plaque is a small patch of tissue on any part of the body or an organ due to continuous growth of cells at that site. Plaque can also be a buildup of substances from a fluid such as cholesterol in the blood vessels. These structures block the arteries, which obstruct the blood flow and results in several health problems such as hypertension, which in turn leads to heart attacks and strokes.
- A thrombus is a blood clot formed on the inner lining of the blood vessels, which is commonly known as thrombosis. Obstructed blood flow, overweight, and immobility for a long duration are major reasons for improper blood circulation and clot formation. These clots when they break free can move easily from the bloodstream to the lungs, resulting in a condition known as pulmonary embolism.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Plaque and Thrombus Management Devices Market
- Consistent increase in incidence of cardiovascular and lifestyle-related diseases such as heart disease, stroke, peripheral artery and hypertensive heart disease due to improper lifestyle habits such as regular consumption of high fat diet, less consumption of low fiber diet, lack of exercise, excess alcohol consumption, smoking habits, and diabetes lead to hardening of arteries even at a younger age, which is one of the causes for cholesterol formation, leads to thrombus formation. This is a key factor driving the plaque and thrombus management devices market.
- Increase in research & development initiatives in the healthcare sector, increase in funding from governments, and technological advancements in the field of medical sciences and diagnostics are also major factors that boost the market
- Lack of awareness among people about the use of different devices for the diagnosis of plaque and thrombus are major factors that are anticipated to hamper the global plaque and thrombus management devices market
Magnetic Resonance Arteriography Segment to Lead Global Plaque and Thrombus Management Devices Market
- Based on diagnosis device type, the global plaque and thrombus management devices market can be divided into magnetic resonance arteriography (MRA), CT angiography, and arteriograms.
- The MRA segment is expected to dominate the global market due to efficacy and accuracy of the diagnostic technique used to detect the disease indication and very less chance of false positive results to occur.
Hospitals Segment to Expand Significantly
- Based on end user, the global plaque and thrombus management devices market can be segregated into hospitals, diagnostic centers, ambulatory surgical centers, and others
- The hospitals segment dominated the global plaque and thrombus management devices market due to percentage increase in number of serious cases such as patients suffering from heart attack and stroke coming to hospitals and the facilities provided in hospitals such as different diagnostic tests, isolation wards, and other healthcare infrastructure facilities.
North America to Dominate Global Plaque and Thrombus Management Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global plaque and thrombus management devices market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America held a notable share of the global plaque and thrombus management devices market in 2020, followed by Europe. Rise in the number of chronic cardiovascular, plaque and thrombotic disorders with their Increasing prevalence among patients in North America, technological advancements, increase in research and development in healthcare sector followed by increased funding from government and large corporates making huge amount of investments are attributed to the prominent share held by North America.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global plaque and thrombus management devices market was highly fragmented in 2020. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Medtronic, Inc
- Abbott Laboratories
- Edwards Lifesciences Corporation
- Siemen’s healthineers
- Canon Medical Systems
- Bayer HealthCare LLC
- Quonhealthcare Company Limited
Global Plaque and Thrombus Management Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Plaque and Thrombus Management Devices Market, by Diagnosis Device Type
- Magnetic resonance arteriography (MRA)
- CT angiography
Global Plaque and Thrombus Management Devices Market, by Treatment Device Type
- Thrombectomy devices
- Atherectomy devices
- Chronic total occlusion devices
- Embolic protection devices
Global Plaque and Thrombus Management Devices Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Plaque and Thrombus Management Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.