Pin Insertion Machine: Introduction
- The pin insertion machine is used in the manufacturing of electronic devices in order to insert connectors, components in the circuit board
- There are three types of pin insertion technologies; press-fit technology, through-hole technology, and surface mount technology
- The through-hole technology is utilized for products where reliable connections between the layers are required. The surface mount technology is applied in direct mounting of components on PCB surface. Therefore, pin insertion machines are widely used in automotive and consumer electronics applications.
- Pin insertion machines are also extensively employed in non-PCB applications such as connector stitching and stitching into housings and dies for injection molding machines
Rise in Demand for Pin Insertion Machine Globally
- The pin insertion machine is primarily used to insert connectors onto the printed circuit boards, instead of the traditional soldering process that has gained popularity in manufacturing of electronic devices, thereby boosting the integration of electrical components in various industries such as medical, automotive, and aerospace.
- The press-fit technology is widely employed by manufacturers of semiconductor devices and PCBs, as it offers more advantages over the conventional soldering process, thereby boosting the pin insertion machine market
- Rising deployment of pin installation machines in surgical instrument assembly, increasing demand for data centers and a surge in the adoption of IoT-based connecting devices are also driving the pin insertion machine market
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Pin Insertion Machine Market
- The pin insertion machine market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand significantly due to the increasing deployment of IoT-enabled connected devices and rising demand for data centers in the region
- The increasing demand for higher level of system performance in the automotive industry is further fueling the market for pin insertion machines. Rising need for high-accuracy product miniaturization and improved speed and flexibility are also estimated to boost the pin insertion machines market in Asia Pacific
- Furthermore, rapid expansion of the consumer electronics market in China, presence of large number of devices manufacturers and IC manufacturing firms in Taiwan, technological advancements in automotive manufacturing capabilities in Japan and innovations and developments in semiconductor manufacturing industries of South Korea are projected to further boost the share held by Asia Pacific in the global pin insertion machine market.
Major Players of Global Pin Insertion Machine Market
- TE Connectivity
- UMG Technologies
- Visumatic Industrial Products
- Colibri Technologies Pte. Ltd.
Global Pin Insertion Machine Market: Research Scope
Global Pin Insertion Machine Market, by Method
- Fully Automatic
Global Pin Insertion Machine Market, by Types of Pin Insertion
- Coil Frame
- Lead Frame
- Plastic Connector
- Metal Component
Global Pin Insertion Machine Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
- Energy & Power
Global Pin Insertion Machine Market, by Industry Vertical
- Consumer Electronic
- IT & Telecommunication
- Industrial Machinery
Global Pin Insertion Machine Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!