Pin Fin Heat Sink for IGBT: Introduction
- Pin fin heat sinks are made of aluminum alloys or copper and contains the base and array of embedded pins. Its parameters such as base plate dimensions, pin length, material, thickness, as well as density fits most of the specifications. The pin fin can be easily customized to be used in various applications depending on the heat load, available space, and airflow.
- The pin fin heat sink technology offers an efficient cooling solution as it has a large surface area in relation to other heat sink volumes. Its round pins and spacing allows the blown air to create significant amount of turbulence. This breaks the boundary layer around pins, which creates high convective thermal efficiencies.
- Pin fin heat sinks have higher efficiency than other heat sinks which results in smaller and lighter pin fin heat sinks. It contains bonding agents and therefore most plating methods are acceptable, which means that aluminum and copper heat sinks can be anodized and oxidized respectively.
- Pin fin heat sinks are used to cool IGBT (Integrated Gate Bipolar Transistor). Heat sinks with 5 × 5-inch footprint and a total height of 1.3 inch can cool 625 W of dissipated power within a temperature rise of 50°C on its base.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Increasing demand for component density and miniaturization of devices
With the increasing miniaturization of devices, engineers are looking for cooling solutions which fit into small spaces, do not cause project cost overrun, and provides best heat transfers.
- Pin fin heat sinks are the emerging technology designed to solve complex thermal problems where there is limited space and substantial heat loads. These type of heat sinks are designed to meet requirements of modern electronics of cooling with little extra cost. This factor is fueling the demand for pin fin heat sinks.
Increasing use of IGBT modules in the automotive sector
- Increasing usage of IGBT modules is seen in hybrid electric vehicles and other electric vehicles. Majority of IGBT modules in electric vehicles use pin fin base plates and some designs use 100% pin fin aluminum base plates. This factor is creating lucrative opportunity for the market in the automotive sector.
- However, due to technological advancements such as hot and cold forging, metal injection molding, and additive manufacturing, the production capacity is not being utilized, which may hamper the market growth.
Usage of hybrid pin fin heat sinks
- Hybrid pin fin heat sinks contain aluminum pin fins which reflow into a copper plate. They are manufactured to be used in devices that feature small and focused heat sources. These type of heat sinks are proposed for multi device cooling in which the single heat sink is used for more than one module for cooling. This trend of using hybrid pin fin heat sinks offers opportunities for the pin fin heat sink IGBT market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to lead the market
- In terms of region, the global pin fin heat sink for IGBT market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. This growth is attributed to rising awareness about advantages of pin fin heat sinks, growing demand for power supply devices, and increasing trend of home remodeling.
- The pin fin heat sink for IGBT market in North America and Europe is also likely to show high growth rate as major manufacturers are present in North America and Europe. The market in Middle East & Africa is expected to show a uniform growth rate.
Key Players in the Global Market
Prominent players operating in the global pin fin heat sink for IGBT market are focusing on product launch and technological developments to meet the growing demand.
Key players operating in the global pin fin heat sink for IGBT market include:
- Advanced Thermal Solutions, Inc.
- Boyd Corporation
- CUI Devices
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Himalay Engineering Co.
Global Pin Fin Heat Sink for IGBT Market: Research Scope
Global Pin Fin Heat Sink for IGBT Market, by Material Type
Global Pin Fin Heat Sink for IGBT Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Automotive Field
Global Pin Fin Heat Sink for IGBT Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.