Photosensitizer Drugs Market: Introduction
- Photosensitizer drugs or photosensitizing agents are used in the photodynamic therapy (PDT) for the treatment of cancer. These agents are exposed to a specific wavelength of light to produce active form of oxygen that kills nearby cancer cells. Various forms of photosensitizer drugs includes porphyrin derivatives, Aminolevulinic acid (ALA), chlorines, and others.
- First generation photosensitizers, porphyrin derivative (PD) are effective for treating brain, lung, laryngeal, gastric, skin, and esophageal carcinomas to a certain degree. Photosensitizing agent called porfimer sodium, or Photofrin, is a U.S. FDA approved drug used in PDT for the treatment of esophageal cancer and non-small cell lung cancer.
- Second generation photosensitizers are based on porphyrin structure such as benzoporphyrins, texaphyrins, purpurins, naphthalocyanines, and phthalocyanines
- Another commonly used photosensitizer is 5-aminolevulinic acid (ALA), which is majorly used for oral leukoplakia, owing to the benefits of low-light dose
- Photosensitizers, such as mono-aspartyl chlorine e6 (NPe6), temoporfin, and hexylpyropheophorbide (HPPH), are based on the chlorine structure
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Photosensitizer Drugs Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Photosensitizer Drugs Market
- Increase in prevalence of cancers and rise in the burden of dermatology disorders are key factors projected to boost the global photosensitizer drugs market during the forecast period
- According to the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), head and neck cancer accounted for nearly 4% of all cancers in the U.S. in 2017. The report indicated that approximately 65,000 individuals would develop head and neck cancer. This is anticipated to increase the demand for photosensitizer drugs in the near future.
- Skin diseases are considered to be significantly common and rank fourth among the most common illnesses globally
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), one in every three cancers diagnosed is skin cancer and according to Skin Cancer Foundation Statistics, one in every five Americans would develop skin cancer in their lifetime
- Baby boomer population susceptible to a range of cancers and skin diseases is expected to drive the demand for photosensitizer drugs during the forecast period
North America to Dominate Global Photosensitizer Drugs Market
- Rise in prevalence of skin disorders, such as acne, psoriasis, actinic keratosis, increase in prevalence of cancers, and surge in the number of cosmetologists using PDT, are likely to propel the demand for photosensitizer drugs in the region
- Acne is considered to be one of the most common skin conditions in the U.S., which affects over 50 million people every year. Its prevalence is known to be higher in women, affecting over 15% of the total adult women population.
- Psoriasis is known to affect over 7.5 million people in the U.S. each year, with higher prevalence in population aged between 45 years and 64 years
- This significant rise in the prevalence of skin diseases and economic burden of these diseases create demand for cost-effective modes of treatment. This, in turn, is boosting the growth of the global photosensitizer drugs market.
- The photosensitizer drugs market in the U.K. is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace, owing to approval of drugs indicated for cancer, increase in R&D expenditure on oncology, and rapid expansion of the pharmaceutical industry in the country
- Growing attention toward new anti-cancer therapies is also an important factor that is likely to drive the global market during the forecast period
- In October 2019, Theralase Technologies Inc. was granted a European Patent for their anti-cancer light-activated photodynamic compounds (PDCs)
- Rise in the burden of skin disorders, including acne, psoriasis, and presence of a large baby boomer population, which increases the risk of cancer in developing countries, such as India and China, are key factors augmenting the photosensitizer drugs market in Asia Pacific
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Photosensitizer Drugs Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Photosensitizer Drugs Market
Major players operating in the global photosensitizer drugs market are:
- Galderma laboratories
- BIOFRONTERA AG
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- LUMIBIRD group (Quantel Medical)
- Theralase Technologies Inc
- Quest PharmaTech Inc.
- Modulight Sorin
- Excel Lasers Limited
Global Photosensitizer Drugs Market: Research Scope
Global Photosensitizer Drugs Market, by Product
- Porphyrin Derivatives (PD)
- Hematoporphyrin Derivative (HpD)
- Benzoporphyrin Derivative (BPD)
- Aminolevulinic acid (ALA)
Global Photosensitizer Drugs Market, by Application
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Non-small Cell Lung Cancer
- Head & Neck Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis (AK)
Global Photosensitizer Drugs Market, by End-user
- Cosmetics & Dermatology Clinics (C&DC)
- Cancer Treatment Centers (CCC)
Global Photosensitizer Drugs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.