Phosphorous is a combustible non metal which is found in two allotropic forms namely, white phosphorous and red phosphorous. The derivatives of phosphorous include phosphoric acid, phosphorous acid, phosphorus oxychloride, phosphorus pentachloride, phosphorus tribromide, sodium hypophosphite, tributyl phosphate, and triethyl phosphate among others.
Elementary phosphorous is used in a number of pyrotechnic applications which include luminous projectiles and fireworks. It is also deployed in the metallurgical industry for forming metallic alloys like phosphorous brass and for producing insecticides or as an additive in industrial oils. Phosphoric acid is used in the cleaning of metals as a phosphatizing agent and is also used as an additive for certain drinks. However phosphorous has its dominant application in fertilizers. It is an essential plant nutrient and is often used as a limiting nutrient for many crops. Phosphorous is used widely for the production of organophosphotous compounds and these compounds have various applications such as flame retardants, water treatment, plasticizers and pesticides among others. Phosphorous is a vital component for steel production. In addition, phosphoric acid which is made from phosphorous is used for certain food applications, such as in aerated drinks. A derivative of phosphoric acid name sodium tripolyphosphate is used in detergents, but this is banned in a few countries.
The factors which are primarily driving the phosphorus & derivatives market are increasing demand for water treatment, development and introduction of halogen free flame retardants (HFFR) and increase in the usage of bio-fuels. A paradigm shift to halogen free from halogenated flame retardants such as organophoshorus flame retardants is positively impacting the market growth. Growing needs of crops to meet the food requirements of the increasing population is largely boosting the growth of the market. Furthermore, decreasing arable land and increase in demand for vital nutrients for body functioning is also fuelling the growth of the global market. However, deteriorating quality of phosphate rock, stringent regulations on usage of phosphates in detergents and conservation of resources are the major factors that are restraining this market. The usage of phosphorous in batteries for electric vehicle such as rechargeable lithium iron phosphate batteries is presenting potential growth opportunities to the global market.
The global phosphorus & derivatives market can be bifurcated on the basis of product type into ammonium phosphates, phosphorus pentoxide, purified phosphoric acid, phosphorus pentasulfide, industrial phosphates and phosphorus pentasulfide. The global market can be classified on the basis of application into fertilizers, detergents, metal finishing, water treatment chemicals, food industry and flame retardant material. In addition, the market can be geographically divided into five broad regions, namely: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East and Africa (MEA) and Latin America. The market is witnessing steady growth in Asia Pacific and this region is expected to hold the largest share of the global market during the forecast period owing to the high production and consumption of ammonia phosphate in Asia.
Some of the major players of the phosphorus & derivatives market are Agrium Inc, Yara International ASA, Mosaic Co, Eurochem, Innophos Holdings, Inc., Akron OAO, United Phosphorus Limited, CF Industries Holdings, Inc, Lanxess AG and Israel Chemical Ltd. among others.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.