Phono Preamp Market: Introduction
- A phono preamplifier, also known as a phono stage, is an audio component that amplifies the signal from the turntable to a level that enables the arranger to connect it to the sound system in the same way as with any other audio source.
- Phono preamps are available in various shapes and sizes. In fact, some are even built into components, while more serious audio enthusiast typical lean toward having a separate phono preamplifier.
- A phono preamp (aka phono stage) raises the turntable's output to make it compatible with modern amps. Similarly, it adds standardised equalisation.
Rise in Demand for Phono Preamp in Consumer Electronics Market
- A phono preamplifier (preamp or “pre”) is an electronic amplifier that converts a weak electrical signal into an output signal strong enough to be noise-tolerant and strong enough for further processing, or for sending to a power amplifier and a loudspeaker. Therefore, a weak sound signal can be heard clearly and without distortion with the use of phono preamp.
- In a nutshell, a phono preamp is an audio component that performs two critical functions. Firstly, it is expected to amplify the signal to a level suitable for the standard AUX input on the stereo.
- Secondly, it is likely to apply an equalization curve to inverse the standard frequency adjustment made during the record cutting process. Thus, it is commonly used in music system. These factors are anticipated to boost the phono preamp market during the forecast period.
North America to Lead Global Phono Preamp Market
- In terms of region, the global phono preamp market can be divided into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is estimated to hold a major share of the global phono preamp market owing to the high use of music systems in the region. Furthermore, modernization and technological advancements are attributed to the dominate share held by the region.
- Europe is projected to account for the second-largest share of the global due to an increase in public events where music systems are commonly used. Gradual easing of restrictions after the pandemic is also estimated to drive the market in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant growth rate owing to an increase in awareness about advance technology, and the demand for phono preamps is estimated to increase during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global Phono Preamp Market
- Bellari (A Division of Rolls Corporation)
- Balanced Audio Technology (BAT)
- Alpha Design Labs (ADL)
- Radial Engineering
- Penn Elcom
- Cambridge Audio (Audio Partnership Plc)
- Simaudio Moon
- Music Hall Audio
- Musical Fidelity
- Pyle Audio
Global Phono Preamp Market: Research Scope
Global Phono Preamp Market, by Product Type
- Moving Magnet (MM) Phono Preamps
- Moving Coil (MC) Phono Preamps
Global Phono Preamp Market, by Application
- Live Music
- Recording Studio
Global Phono Preamp Market, by End-use
Global Phono Preamp Market, by region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Asia Pacific
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!