Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market
Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market (Product: Straight Stem, Open Funnel, Closed Funnel, and Others; and Capacity: Up to 2ml, 3ml to 5ml, 6ml to 8ml, and Above 8ml) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Pharmaceutical Packaging Companies Focus on Durable and Eco-friendly Glass Ampoules
Pharmaceutical packaging processes have witnessed innovations in the past decade. Companies engaged in pharmaceutical packaging are increasingly focusing on minimizing errors to ensure that correct and defect-free medicine reaches consumers. Pharmaceutical glass ampoules are extensively used in pharmaceutical and chemical laboratories to preserve and store medicinal fluids, capsules, and liquids that are deployed in a range of pharmaceutical applications. Pharmaceutical glass ampoules are predominantly used to prevent contamination and mix of medicines, and have influenced the shelf life of products.
Pharmaceutical glass ampoules find a range of applications in pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, retail industry, spa items, first aid, cosmetics, dental, toiletries, store hygroscopic materials, and air-sensitive reagents. Pharmaceutical glass ampoules have been widely used to package injectable drugs for several decades and the trend is set to continue during the forecast period (2019-2027). Thus, the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 4 Bn by the end of 2027. The demand for pharmaceutical glass ampoules is witnessing a notable growth in developing regions such as Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Eastern Europe. The growing adoption of pharmaceutical glass ampoules in these regions coupled with the efforts to achieve higher yields are some of the leading factors that are expected to drive the global pharmaceutical glass ampoules market during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market
Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules – Safe, Cost-effective, and Efficient Packaging Solutions
Glass has garnered the reputation of being a ‘gold standard’ primary packaging material within the pharmaceutical sector. A significant high volume of pharmaceutical formulations is packaged and stored in pharmaceutical glass ampoules. The pharmaceutical glass ampoules market is witnessing significant growth, as the inorganic nature of glass makes it highly resistant to chemicals and reactive substances. Glass ampoules play an imperative role in protecting the integrity of the drug and prevent it from contamination. Furthermore, as glass ampoules are available in a range of shapes and sizes, their applications continue to expand. At present, several players operating in the glass pharmaceutical glass ampoules market are manufacturing customized glass ampoules to cater to the swelling demand from various end-use industries.
To understand how our report can bring a difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
In terms of product, straight stem and open funnel glass ampoules are expected to witness an increase in demand during the forecast period. With just over 10,098 million units sold worldwide, the straight stem product segment accounted for a share of ~33% of the pharmaceutical glass ampoule market in 2018, in terms of volume. This segment is projected to account for a share of ~36% of the pharmaceutical glass ampoule market in 2027, as manufacturers are deploying advanced technologies and cutting-edge manufacturing processes to enhance their production capacities and improve product quality. For instance, several companies operating in the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market are increasing their manufacturing capabilities by launching high-speed filling lines to improve the functionalities of glass ampoules. Several other participants in the current pharmaceutical glass ampoule market are developing glass ampoules with highly stable dimensional qualities by leveraging the progress in the new filling line technology.
Growing Adoption of Ampoules in the Cosmetic Industry
Pharmaceutical glass ampoules have witnessed an increase in demand from the cosmetic industry, particularly in the Asia Pacific. Glass ampoules have gained significant popularity among cosmeceutical users in various countries, including South Korea and China. Additionally, as per the current observable trends, more number of cosmetic brands are inclined toward packaging their serums and products in glass ampoules. The shift from using conventional glass bottles to glass ampoules has been primarily triggered by the exceptional capabilities of glass ampoules to retain the potency of these liquids.
Glass ampoules are increasingly being used in the cosmetic industry, as they are can store and preserve stronger concentrations of ingredients. Another factor that is likely to propel the demand for pharmaceutical glass ampoules is unique medicinal-style packaging offered by these products, which ensure minimal wastage. Several cosmetic companies are gradually aligning their packaging strategies and increasingly inclining toward using pharmaceutical glass ampoules to enhance their packaging capabilities.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market
The pharmaceutical glass ampoules market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period. The growing adoption of pharmaceutical glass ampules, especially in pharmaceutical and chemical laboratories worldwide will provide an impetus for growth of the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market in the near future. Players operating in the current pharmaceutical glass ampoules market should focus on launching high-speed filling lines for glass ampoules to improve the overall yield. Moreover, the ascending demand for pharmaceutical glass ampoules, particularly from Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America is expected to influence the growth of the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market during the forecast period. Additionally, due to mounting environmental concerns over the use of plastic ampoules, consumers are leaning toward pharmaceutical glass ampoules as an effective alternative.
Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market: Introduction
According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global pharmaceutical glass ampoules market for the historical period of 2014-2018 and forecast period of 2019-2027, the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market is anticipated to be driven by availability of compact and cost-effective pharmaceutical products. The global pharmaceutical glass ampoules market was valued at ~US$ 2 Bn in 2018, and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period. Increasing consumption of medicines, vaccines, and insulin is also driving the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market. Moreover, safe and bacteria-free drug storage system is leading to high adoption of glass ampoules.
Key Players Focus on Reducing the Counterfeiting of Pharmaceutical Products
- Counterfeiting of drugs is one of the major problems faced in the pharmaceuticals industry. This results in economic loss of legal companies and poor health of drug consumers. Nearly one-sixth of the total turnovers of branded companies is affected by instances of counterfeiting. These drugs are either adulterated or spurious. For instance, Schott AG developed anti-counterfeit pharmaceutical glass ampoule called ampoules AC. This helps in protecting intellectual property and ensuring patients’ safety by enriching standard ink with light emitting particles. These ampoules are available in B, C, and D forms, with capacities ranging from 1 ml to 30 ml.
- Glass ampoules are available in various formats such as straight stem, open funnel, closed funnel, double tip, and marzocchi. These ampoules are applicable for single-time storage and usage of medicines. Pharmaceutical glass ampoules are tamper-proof, which helps in preventing the possibilities of viral and bacterial infections.
China and India to Witness Penetration with High Production Capabilities
- TMR team analysed top five leading countries (the U.S., China, Germany, the U.K., and India) in the global pharmaceutical glass ampoules market report, which generated prominent market share of countries in 2018. It is anticipated that the U.S. is the leading market for glass ampoules.
- In order to cater to the increasing demand for glass ampoules as a primary packaging solution, the U.S. imported nearly 2,000 tons of glass ampoules in 2018.
- Key players are emphasizing on business development, owing to the growth of the pharmaceuticals industry in the Asia Pacific region. Furthermore, availability of resources and cost-effectiveness in manufacturing glass ampoules provide opportunities for key players to invest in the Asia Pacific region.
- In August 2018, Gerresheimer AG initiated a plant in China and two plants in India for the manufacturing of premium quality glass containers for the pharmaceuticals industry
- In June 2019, SCHOTT AG increased the production capacity of glass tubes in India, with an investment of nearly US$ 300 Mn
Increase in Investments by Major Players for Acquisition and Business Expansion
- Manufacturers are adopting the strategy of mergers & acquisitions to increase their global footprint. Moreover, companies are focusing on increasing their customer base by developing their distribution network and increasing their geographical presence. Several key players are manufacturing pharmaceutical glass ampoules as per the Food and Drug Association (FDA), European Pharmacopeia (Ph Eur), United States Pharmacopeial Convention (USP), and Japanese Pharmacopoeia (JP) guidelines.
- Nipro PharmaPackaging International is planning to expand its business in China. Based on Healthy China 2030 activities, the healthcare industry in China is expected to grow.
Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market - Key Findings
- Among products, open funnel glass ampoules remain prominent in the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market. The open funnel segment is estimated to account for a market share of ~31% in 2019. However, straight stem segment is expected to hold a significant share of the market during the forecast period, as per TMR analysis.
- Due to increase in demand for small-sized glass ampoules, the demand for glass ampoules of 2 ml is expected to increase two-fold over the next five years
Availability of Prefilled Syringes and Glass Vials to Limit Demand for Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules
- Production of pharmaceutical glass ampoules is increasing, owing to the demand for single-use primary drug packaging from end users. However, availability of certain alternative packaging solutions, such as pre-filled syringes and glass vials, is projected to hamper market growth.
Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market - Competition Landscape
In the global pharmaceutical glass ampoules market, competition among key players is high. Therefore, key players are planning to expand their geographical footprint into untapped countries and enhance their and product portfolio. TMR analysis includes more than 40 company profiles for better understanding of the market for pharmaceutical glass ampoules.
- Some of the key players operating in the global pharmaceutical glass ampoules market are
- Gerresheimer AG
- Nipro PharmaPackaging International
- Pharma-Glas GmbH
- Piramida d.o.o.
- SCHOTT AG
- SGD S.A.
- Shandong Pharmaceutical Glass Co. Ltd.
- SM PACK SpA
- Stevanato Group S.p.A.
- Tecnoglas, S.A
- Tvornica Farmaceutske Ambalaže D.O.O.
- Crestani S.R.L.
- Birgi Mefar Group
- AAPL Solutions
- Zhengchuan Pharmaceutical Packaging Co., Ltd.,
- Gerresheimer AG and Nipro PharmaPackaging International have been identified as Tier 1 players. In 2018, these companies held a cumulative market share of ~30%. Tier 2 players include SCHOTT AG and Stevanato Group S.p.A.
- Due to the presence of small- and medium-sized manufacturers, the intensity of competition is likely to be high in the global pharmaceutical glass ampoules market
Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market - Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global pharmaceutical glass ampoules market, providing forecast for the period of 2019-2027. In the study, growth opportunity for the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market has been provided. The report offers valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning business decisions for future growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting market growth are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market
- What will be market size for pharmaceutical glass ampoules by the end of 2027?
- Which product type is expected to be most preferred for pharmaceutical glass ampoules? What was its market size in 2018?
- Which is the most preferred capacity for pharmaceutical glass ampoules in the global market?
- Which region will remain most lucrative for market growth?
- Who are major players in the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market?
Key indicators associated with the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global pharmaceutical glass ampoules market. A comprehensive study on the value chain, which includes component suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end users have been incorporated in the global market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market include pricing strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of product types. Furthermore, forecast factors and scenarios of the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market have been covered in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market has been provided on the basis of product, capacity, and region.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments have been provided in the report. The pharmaceutical glass ampoules market has been analyzed at both regional and country level.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis has also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of pharmaceutical glass ampoule manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end users for pharmaceutical glass ampoules.
The report includes company overview of more than 40 key players. This includes a detailed analysis of glass ampoule and glass tubing manufacturers at the global level. Some of the key companies profiled in the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market report include Gerresheimer AG, Nipro Pharma Packaging International, SCHOTT AG, SGD SA, Birgimefar Group, Stevanato Group S.p.A., Piramida d.o.o., Pharma-Glas GmbH, Crestani S.R.L., SM PACK SpA., and J. Penner Corporation, among others.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which has been provided in the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary researches have been employed to gain keen insights into the forecast study of the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market. The report has further undergone a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market report one-of-its-kind with the highest credibility.
Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market: Segmentation
The global pharmaceutical glass ampoules market has been divided on the basis of product, capacity, and region. Each of these segments have been analyzed to provide readers with a holistic view of the market.