Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market
Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market (Product Type: Straight Stem, Open Funnel, Closed Funnel, and Others; and Capacity: Up to 2 ml, 3-5 ml, 6-8 ml, and Above 8 ml) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2029
Essential Applications, Material Innovations Creating Revenue Streams amid COVID-19 Outbreak
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 vaccination programs, there is a continuous demand for glass ampoules and vials. Along with this demand, potential breakages in pharmaceutical glass ampoules has emerged as a concern for packaging, healthcare, and other stakeholders. Since most glass ampoules are made with silica, manufacturers in the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market are innovating in new materials such as aluminosilicate glass, which has led to the popularity of Valor® Glass, produced by Corning - a global specialist in material sciences.
Although mass inoculation measures have bolstered the demand for pharmaceutical glass ampoules and vials, delay and cancellation in seeking healthcare treatments by individuals have led to poor market sentiments in the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market. Ampoule manufacturers are focusing on essential pharmaceutical applications and deploying materials innovations with aluminosilicate glass to meet end user demands during the ongoing pandemic.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market
World Demand for Highest Standards in Administration of Medicines Fuels Ampoule Innovations
The pharmaceutical glass ampoules market is expected to grow from a volume of 38,846 million units in 2021 and surpass 82,211 million units by 2029. Painkillers, anesthetics, and inflammation inhibitors are fueling the demand for pharmaceutical glass ampoules. Schott AG - a Germany-based multinational glass company specializing in the manufacture of glass and glass-ceramics, is building its portfolio in pharmaceutical glass ampoules to expand its revenue streams in packaging of anesthetics, diluents for lyophilized applications, and non-injectable solutions, among others.
Manufacturers are gaining awareness about world demand for highest standards in administration of medicines to patients, which has led to innovations in ampoules that ensure maximum protection for packaging of formulations.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Custom Designed Glass Ampoule Packages Bolstering Market Growth
The pharmaceutical glass ampoules market is projected to clock a robust CAGR of 9.9% during the forecast period. Manufacturers are increasing their production capacities in single-use crushable glass ampoule blanks with onion skin glass tubing. These ampoules are inert and non-reactive with most drugs, fluids, and gases. As such, manufacturers are increasing their focus in custom designed glass ampoule packages.
Manufacturers in the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market are bolstering their production in disposable glass ampoule packages. They are increasing R&D efforts to develop safe and tamper-resistant glass ampoules. Custom glass ampoule packages are being designed to be chemically and physically unaffected by sterilization.
Chinese Manufacturers Maintain Strong Supply Chains with Broad Ampoule Portfolio
Chinese manufacturers in the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market are strengthening their supply chains with end users in the U.S., Europe, and Africa. In order to avoid breakages, manufacturers are using custom-made PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) plastic trays to package pharmaceutical glass ampoules. Thus, to gain an edge over other manufacturers, companies are building a broad portfolio of highly competitive pharmaceutical ampoules. As such, open funnel glass ampoules are estimated to dominate the highest revenue share among all product types in the global pharmaceutical glass ampoules market during the forecast period.
Manufacturers are increasing the availability of glass ampoules with color rings, cut ring, and dots. High clarity, smoothness, and high transparency are being preferred in pharmaceutical glass ampoules.
Availability of Eco-friendly Glass Ampoules on eCommerce Channels
In order to be price competitive, manufacturers are offering their glass ampoules at factory price for pharmaceutical applications. In order to reduce medical waste, companies in the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market are boosting their output capacities in eco-friendly glass ampoules that are easy for recycling. Custom-made glass ampoules are emerging as a recurring trend in the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market to meet specific bottle capacity, printed design, and material color requirements of end users.
eCommerce platforms are helping emerging and small scale manufacturers to boost sales. Suppliers are delivering these ampoules by express, sea, and air to generate revenue. Different packaging options such as cartons, shrink films, and foam are being used to avoid breakage of glass ampoules.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market
Companies in the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market are increasing their focus on vaccine packaging and essential pharmaceutical applications amid the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak to offset losses made owing to delayed or cancellation in patient treatments. The pharmaceutical glass ampoules market is expected to reach US$ 5.7 Bn by 2029. However, pharmaceutical glass ampoules are prone to breakages. Hence, companies should increase their R&D in material sciences such as aluminosilicate glass to prevent breakages in glass ampoules. Apart from eco-friendly glass ampoules, manufacturers are boosting their production capabilities in single-use and tamper-evident glass ampoule packages.
Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global pharmaceutical glass ampoules market for the forecast period of 2021-2029, the market is estimated to be driven by innovation and development associated with child resistant packaging and growing demand for tamper-proof pharmaceutical packaging solutions
- The global pharmaceutical glass ampoules market is expected to expand ~2.1 times to current market value at a CAGR of 9.9% during the forecast period
Rise in New Drug Formations Will Bolster the Market Growth
- New drug medications are met with packaging challenges for the manufacturers. New medications in the market are unique in relation to small molecule formation, thus it is very difficult to procure the efficient method of packaging for newly developed drugs. The glass ampoule is such packaging format, which is experiencing changes according to the market demand. Some novel biologics in the longer timeframe may or may not showcase properties to delaminate glass or undesirable chipping of glass.
- Manufactures are taking serious precautions with new age drugs that are stored in ampoules, such as making ampoules passing through heating procedure and place them in centrifuge to see impact in the longer run. Thus, making sure that drugs and medicines are safe to store in a glass ampoule. Such new drug formation, along with advancements in ampoule design and its manufacturing is lifting its sales in the market.
Increased Impact on Sustainable Solutions Fuels Market Growth
- Across the globe, a wave of sustainability has been seen recent years. Manufacturers are shifting their concerns to procure sustainable and recyclable solutions for packaging of pharmaceuticals drugs. They are investing huge financials in research and development to create an efficient and sustainable solution. Sustainable packaging solutions, which includes glass ampoules, bottles, recyclable plastics, etc. addresses the sustainability concerns by lowering the environmental impact and increasing the recycling rate in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Pharmaceutical packaging players are investing on recovery and recycling facilities to support the growing eco-system of recyclable materials. All these factors are projected to fuel the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market growth during the foreseeable future.
Emergence of Alternative Plastic Solutions to Decrease Sales of Market
- Glass has traditionally dominated the pharmaceutical packaging for drugs and medicines, which includes ampoules, vials, droppers, bottles, etc. However, with the passage of time, the adoption of plastic as an alternative solution in on the rise since the few decades.
- Advanced markets of Europe and North America have changed their material for pharmaceutical packaging to plastic and nowadays, plastic has gained a large increase in these regions. Pharmaceutical glass ampoules are being substituted by ampoules made from PET, PVC, HDPE, LDPE, and many more polymer alternatives. Plastic is cheaper to procure and easy to recycle, which is the reason it is becoming favorite for pharmaceutical packaging industry. They are easier to transport, have a wide range of product portfolio and offers cost-saving throughout the value chain from manufacturer to distributor. This rise in adoption of plastic will restrain the market growth in the near future.
Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market: Key Findings
- Based on product type, open funnel segment is expected to be the most preferred product type for manufacturing pharmaceutical glass ampoules and will hold approximately 31% market share in 2029
- In terms of capacity, 6-8 ml dropper is likely to be the largest segment among others. The target segment is projected to hold approximately 32% share of the market by the end of 2029. Owing to its high capacity usage in parenteral drugs, single dose medicines, and vaccinations, the target segment is anticipated to surge in the near future.
- Key packaging players operating in the global pharmaceutical glass ampoules market can target the high revenue Asia Pacific region to strengthen market position and financial revenues. APAC region exhibits an incremental opportunity of approximately US$ 1.05 Bn and 2.5 times expansion rate. Astounding market penetration of the pharmaceutical sector in China and India is anticipated to offer growth prospects during the forecast period. Moreover, Europe is estimated to hold ~33.1% share of the market share by the end for forecast period.
Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market – Competition Landscape
- TMR analyzed that the global pharmaceutical glass ampoules market is highly competitive, owing to new start-ups and entry of local players. This completion among key players is carefully studied based on developments, strategies, and segmental revenue of companies in the past five years.
- The recent study on the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market includes profiles of players such as
- Nipro PharmaPackaging
- SCHOTT AG
- Linuo Glassworks Group
- Gerresheimer AG
- Shandong Pharmaceutical Glass Co. Ltd.
- Birgi Mefar Group
- SGD S.A.
- Klasspack Pvt. Ltd.
- Zhengchuan Pharmaceutical Packaging Co. Ltd.
- APPL Solutions
- Lutz Packaging GmbH
- Pharma Glas GmbH
- Accu-Glass LLC, among others
- TMR differentiated these players as Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 as per their segmental earnings. Among these players, Nipro PharmaPackaging, SCHOTT AG, Linuo Glassworks Group have been identified as Tier 1 players in the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market. Tier 2 players include Gerresheimer AG, Shandong Pharmaceutical Glass Co. Ltd., Birgi Mefar Group, SGD S.A. Tier 3 players are Klasspack Pvt. Ltd., Zhengchuan Pharmaceutical Packaging Co. Ltd., APPL Solutions, Lutz Packaging GmbH, Pharma Glas GmbH, and Accu-Glass LLC, among others.
Positive Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak on Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market Growth
- The impact of the novel COVID-19 caused disruptions in supply chains of raw materials for various markets. Economy and GDP growth of world almost became stagnant due to complete lockdown imposed by governments across the globe. However, few sectors such as pharmaceutical and healthcare remained working during this time due to constant requirement of drugs and medicines to fight the pandemic. The pharmaceutical glass ampoules market was positively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, as majority of the sales in the target market can be accounted to the pharmaceutical sector.
- Sales of pharmaceutical glass ampoules increased exponentially during the pandemic and showcased very drastic surge in the demand, as vaccines were packed into ampoules and vials. Thus, the pandemic had a large impact on the increase of sales for pharmaceutical glass ampoules worldwide.
Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market – Scope of Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global pharmaceutical glass ampoules market providing forecast for the period of 2021-2029. In the study, growth opportunity for the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market is witnessed. The report provides valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning business decisions for future growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting market growth are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market Report
- What will be market size for pharmaceutical glass ampoules by the end of 2029?
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market?
- Which is the most preferred capacity type for pharmaceutical glass ampoules in the global market?
- Which region will remain most lucrative for market growth?
- Which product type holds maximum market share of the global pharmaceutical glass ampoules market?
- Who are major key players in the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market?
Key indicators associated with the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global pharmaceutical glass ampoules market. A comprehensive study on the value chain, which includes raw material suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end users have been incorporated in the global market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market include pricing strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of pharmaceutical glass ampoules. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market have been covered in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market are provided based on product type, capacity, and region.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments are provided in the report. The pharmaceutical glass ampoules market is analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis on market players have also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of pharmaceutical glass ampoules manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end users for pharmaceutical glass ampoules.
The report includes company overview of key players. Some of the key companies profiled in the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market report include Nipro PharmaPackaging, SCHOTT AG, Linuo Glassworks Group, Gerresheimer AG, Shangdong Pharmaceutical Glass Co. Ltd., Birgi Mefar Group, SGD S.A., Klasspack Pvt. Ltd., Zhengchuam Pharmaceutical Packaging Co. Ltd., Cang Zhou Four Star Glass Co. Ltd., AAPL Solutions, Lutz Packaging GmbH, and Pharma-Glas GmbH, among others.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises of detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary researches have been employed to garner keen insights into the forecast study of the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market. The report has further undergone a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the pharmaceutical glass ampoules market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Pharmaceutical Glass Ampoules Market – Segmentation
The global pharmaceutical glass ampoules market has been divided on the basis of product type, capacity, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers with holistic view of the market.