Personalized Orthopedic Implant Market: Introduction
- Orthopedic implant is a medical device used to replace missing joint and bone as well as to support a damaged bone. It is manufactured by using biomaterials and is coated by plastics.
- Technological advancements and increase in demand for patient-specific implants are expected to drive the global personalized orthopedic implant market. For instance, 3D imaging, modelling, and digital manufacturing play an important role in the expansion of the global personalized orthopedic implants market. Additionally, increase in adoption rate of implants to minimize failure, and specialized digital manufacturing technologies are other drivers that are expected to drive the global personalized orthopedics implant market.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Personalized Orthopedic Implant Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Personalized Orthopedic Implant Market
- Global personalized orthopedic implants market is likely to grow rapidly during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the increase in research and development activities and customization of implants.
- Rapidly growing global geriatric population and increase in prevalence of orthopedic disorders, such as hip pain, knee pain, low bone density, disc diseases, and osteoarthritis, are some of the factors that are estimated to fuel the growth of the global personalized orthopedic implants market during the forecast period. Based on the United Nations Report 2017, population aged 60 years and above is expected to double by 2050. The number is anticipated to increase from 962 million in 2017 to 2.1 billion by 2050. For instance, approximately 15% of China’s population was aged over 60 years in 2015, which is likely to increase to 36.5% by 2050.
- Rise in sport related accidents, mainly bone injuries is also projected to propel the global personalized orthopedic implants market in the near future
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Personalized Orthopedic Implant Market
- North America dominates the personalized orthopedic implant market due to technological advancements and high adoption rate of medical devices/products.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a lucrative market for personalized orthopedic implants in the near future due to developing medical infrastructure, rise in acceptance of technologically advanced surgical procedures, and increase in government initiatives
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Personalized Orthopedic Implant Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global personalized orthopedic implant market is highly fragmented with major manufacturers adopting various strategies to gain maximum market share. Some companies have their presence in this market, as they have products available in different countries, while some of them have their products in the pipeline.
Some of the key players operating in the global personalized orthopedic implant market are:
- Stryker Corporation
- Smith & Nephew Plc.
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.
- DePuy Synthes
- Medtronic Plc.
- Wright Medical Group N.V.
- Japan MDM, Inc.
- NuVasive, Seikagaku Corporation
- KYOCERA Corporation.
Global Personalized Orthopedic Implant Market: Research Scope
Global Personalized Orthopedic Implant Market, by Implant Type
- Cranial/Facial Implant
- Spinal Implant
- Hip Implant
- Knee Implant
- Extremities Implant
Global Personalized Orthopedic Implant Market, by Material Type
Global Personalized Orthopedic Implant Market, by End-user
- Orthopedic Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Personalized Orthopedic Implant Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.