Perms and Relaxants Market: Introduction
- Perms and relaxants are techniques that help users to achieve the desired look and hairstyle by permanently altering the natural texture of hair. These are two different hair products, in which perms help to add up curl to the hair of users and on the other hand, relaxants help to straighten out the curly hair of the user.
- Perms is a hair technique used to add curl to hair, which is naturally straight. This is done using a liquid or chemical, which is applied to the hair along with rods or rollers. The hair then takes the shape of the rods or rollers and is neutralized. A relaxant is a permanent hair straightening method, in which hair is tightly coiled. Similar to perm, a relaxant lasts until the hair grows out or until it is cut.
Increase in Preference for Perms and Relaxants by Consumers: A Key Driver
- Increase in awareness about the usage of different types of perms and relaxants for desired hairstyle and growing trend of DIY hair care among individuals are projected to drive the global perms and relaxants market in the next few years. Rise in the number of hair care centers, salons, and parlors is anticipated to propel the global market in terms of sales during the forecast period. Key players focus on research & development of effective formulations for different hair styling. This is expected to augment the global perms and relaxants market in the near future.
Preference for Natural Products: A Key Restraint
- Rise in cases of hair damage and scalp problems is likely to hamper the growth of the global perms and relaxants market in the near future. Increase in preference for natural products for styling and desired look by users is projected to hamper the global market during the forecast period. Prolonged usage of different styling techniques and other products for hair treatment could cause severe side effects on users due to toxic composition and allergic reaction caused by the specific chemical ingredients. These factors act as restraints of the global perms and relaxants market.
Europe to be a Potential Market for Perms and Relaxants
- The global perms and relaxants market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the perms and relaxants market in Europe includes the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, the market in Asia Pacific comprises India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The perms and relaxants market in South America has been segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Europe is expected to be an attractive market for perms and relaxants during the forecast period due to rise in focus on hair care by the large consumer base.
Key Players Operating in the Global Perms and Relaxants Market
The global perms and relaxants market is fragmented due to the presence of large number of key players. These players have adopted strategies such as new product development, acquisitions, mergers, and agreements to be competitive and enhance customer base in the market.
Key players operating in the global perms and relaxants market are:
- Avon Products, Inc.
- Combe, Inc.
- Coty, Inc.
- Estée Lauder Companies, Inc.
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- JOTOCO Corporation
- Kao Corporation
- L’Oreal S.A.
- Makarizo International
- New Avon Co.
- Procter & Gamble
- Revlon, Inc.
- Unilever plc
Global Perms and Relaxants Market: Research Scope
Global Perms and Relaxants Market, by Type
Global Perms and Relaxants Market, by Hair Type
- Others (oily, textured, etc.)
Global Perms and Relaxants Market, by Pricing
- Low (below US$ 25)
- Medium (US$ 25 – US$ 100)
- High (above US$ 100)
Global Perms and Relaxants Market, by End-user
Global Perms and Relaxants Market, by Age Group
- Gen Z
- Generation X
- Baby Boomers
Global Perms and Relaxants Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company Website
- Specialty Stores
- Individual Store
- Others (departmental stores, mega retail stores, etc.)
The report on the global perms and relaxants market is a compilation of firsthand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by market analysts, and inputs from market experts and market participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness of each segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on regional and other segments of the market.
Regional Analysis of the Global Perms and Relaxants Market:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South America