Perfluorocarbons Market (Product: Perfluoroalkane, Perfluoroalkene, and Others; and Application: Semiconductor Cleaning, Tracers & Taggers, Cosmetics, Electrical Processing, Medical, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Need for Blood Substitutes amid Coronavirus Outbreak Fuels Demand for PFC Fluids
As the COVID-19 situation persists, experts are warning of shortage of blood. This has increased pressure on the federal government in the U.S. to approve and begin manufacturing of oxygen therapeutics and blood substitutes. Thus, pharmaceutical technologies such as hemoglobin-based (human and bovine) oxygen carriers (HBOCs) and perfluorocarbon (PFC) fluids and emulsions are emerging as blood substitutes. Such trends are creating incremental opportunities for pharmaceutical companies in the perfluorocarbons market during the pandemic.
Although companies in the perfluorocarbons market are considering blood substitutes as a silver lining, industries such as semiconductor cleaning, cosmetics, and electrical processing are experiencing a downtick in the demand from consumers. Hence, manufacturers should focus on business continuity for essential industries including medical and for refrigerant applications to establish stable revenue flow.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
PFC Artificial Blood May Lead to Reduced Platelet Count
Manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities in perfluorocarbon artificial blood by adding water, salt, and phospholipid surfactants, which is then used as a solution to emulsify through high-pressure homogenization. However, downsides of perfluorocarbons include reduced platelet count in the blood, which may cause flu-like symptoms. Hence, pharmaceutical companies in the perfluorocarbons market are establishing a strong research base for clinical trials by making adjustments to PFCs in order to minimize its side effects.
Companies are developing stable perfluorocarbon nano-emulsions that avoid fast clearance from blood and deliver long organ retention time.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Cosmetics Manufacturers Focus on Anti-ageing Benefits of PFCs
Since an increasing number of consumers is opting for celebrity endorsed oxygen facial products, manufacturers in the perfluorocarbons market are mainly focusing on cosmetics and personal care products. Circcell Skincare - a provider of luxury skin care products online is taking advantage of this opportunity to offer ABO +|- face and eye serums that harness the benefits of medical-grade PFCs.
Consumers are choosing skincare products that support cellular respiration, diminish puffiness under eyes, and smoothen wrinkles & fine lines. Advantages of PFCs including skin rejuvenation, healing scars & wounds, and brightening skin complexion are proving beneficial for personal care product manufacturers in the perfluorocarbons market. Perfluorocarbons also increase collagen production and encourage micro-circulation in the skin.
Anthropogenic Production of PFCs for Semiconductor Cleaning Minimizes Global Warming
The perfluorocarbons market is expected to progress at a modest CAGR of ~4% during the assessment period. This is evident since perfluorocarbons used for semiconductor cleaning are potential greenhouse gases (GHG) that result in ozone depletion. Thus, pure fluorine is emerging as a substitute to PFC cleaning gas whilst affecting sales of the latter. Hence, manufacturers are resorting to anthropogenic production of PFCs to reduce global warming.
The semiconductor exhaust gas treatment is being achieved with the help of perfluorocarbons. Such trends are helping manufacturers to drive the use of perfluorocarbons in semiconductor applications. Semiconductor fabs are needing perfluorocarbons that accurately and precisely control surface temperatures of different components in the vacuum train and exhaust gas handling systems.
Liquid PFC Coated Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters Reduce Clotting, Infections
Thrombosis and infections are inter-related problems associated with the use of central nervous catheters (CVL). Companies in the perfluorocarbons market are capitalizing on this opportunity by increasing the availability of antibiotic-free, fluoropolymer-immobilized, liquid PFC coated peripherally inserted central catheters (PICC) line, which reduced thrombosis and pathogen colonization. Manufacturers are increasing efforts to modify polyurethane PICC catheters by a three-step lamination process with thin fluoropolymer layers before applying the liquid perfluorocarbon.
The high throughput process of modifying commercial PICC catheters with fluoropolymer is benefitting companies in the perfluorocarbons market. This method is being highly publicized as a quick and safe procedure to demonstrate higher thrombo-resistance than fluorinated, omniphobic catheter surfaces.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Perfluorocarbons Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
The unprecedented demand for blood substitutes has been creating revenue opportunities for pharmaceutical companies in the perfluorocarbons market that are maintaining steady supply of PFC artificial blood during the COVID-19 crisis. However, perfluorocarbons are notorious for increasing global warming, especially via refrigerator and semiconductor cleaning applications. Hence, companies should adopt the anthropogenic production process of PFCs to minimize global warming and generate revenue from applications such as plasma etching, fire protection, and chemical vapor deposition (CVD) chamber cleaning, among others. Cosmetics and personal care applications hold lucrative revenue opportunities for manufacturers, since PFCs are gaining popularity as potent oxygen-carriers that work to increase moisture in the skin and improve the blood flow.
Perfluorocarbons Market: Overview
- In terms of value, the perfluorocarbons market is expected to reach US$ 1.4 Bn by 2031
- Perfluorocarbons are chemicals that constitute fluorine and carbon. Perfluorocarbons are used as alternatives to greenhouse gases that are used in various industrial applications and consumer durables. They are stable due to the high strength of carbon-fluorine bonds considered to be the strongest in the organic chemistry. Perfluorocarbons are used in various industrial applications, including semiconductor cleaning, cosmetics, electrical processing, and medical.
- Perfluorocarbons are used for plasma cleaning and cleaning of chemical vapor deposition (CVD) chambers in semiconductors. Perfluorocarbons enable the development of advanced semiconductors with higher computing and processing capacities. Significant growth of the semiconductor segment with rise in penetration and adoption of various technologies and devices complements the growth of the perfluorocarbons market. Expansion of the consumer durables segment is also driving the electronics industry. Advancements in the healthcare sector have resulted in the use of perfluorocarbons in the development of monitoring and imaging techniques in the central nervous system stem cell transplantation. Growth in demand for non-invasive techniques in the medical sector in order to reduce scars is expected to drive the demand for perfluorocarbons for use in medical applications. This, in turn, is projected to boost the perfluorocarbons market in the near future. Efforts are underway to develop artificial photosynthesis, which involves the use of perfluorocarbons. This is also driving the demand for perfluorocarbons.
- Rise in demand for perfluorocarbons, owing to their significant usage in semiconductor cleaning, medical, and electrical processing applications is anticipated to propel the global perfluorocarbons market during the forecast period
- Semiconductor cleaning is projected to be a highly lucrative application segment of the global perfluorocarbons market in the near future
Perfluorocarbons Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- The cosmetics industry has been expanding steadily across the globe. Rise in disposable income; economic development; and improvement in standard of living, primarily in emerging economies are driving the demand for cosmetics. Perfluorocarbons is extensively used in the formulation of various cosmetic products, as perfluorocarbons carry oxygen to cells, allowing the skin to breathe and regulate itself for a healthy, radiant complexion. The oxygen plumps the skin and gives youthful complexion due to its ability to stimulate the metabolism of skin cells, and increases the blood supply to the skin. Rise in demand for anti-aging products, primarily in emerging economies, is likely to boost the demand for perfluorocarbons over the next few years.
- Perfluorocarbons have established a well-acclaimed purpose in vitreoretinal surgery; therefore, manufacturers of perfluorocarbons are further expanding their application in multiplexed ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging. Laser-activated perfluorocarbons nanodroplets are an emerging class of materials that act as dual-contrast agents in ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging. Perfluorocarbons have the ability to differentiate the subpopulations of nanodroplets. Color-coded perfluorocarbon nanodroplets provide distinctive information on biological targets. This is projected to boost the demand for perfluorocarbons in medical applications in the near future.
Perfluorocarbons Market: Major Products
- Based on product, the global perfluorocarbons market has been segmented into perfluoroalkane, perfluoroalkene, and others
- Perfluoroalkane was a high-value product segment of the global perfluorocarbons market in 2018. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. The perfluoroalkene segment has also been expanding at a significant pace since the past few years. The perfluoroalkene segment is estimated to expand substantially during the forecast period.
Perfluorocarbons Market: Prominent Applications
- Based on application, the global perfluorocarbons market has been divided into semiconductor cleaning, tracers & taggers, cosmetics, electrical processing, medical, and others
- The semiconductor cleaning segment is projected to dominate the global perfluorocarbons market during the forecast period. Perfluorocarbons are widely used in the semiconductor industry in dry processing applications such as film etching and chemical vapor deposition (CVD).
Asia Pacific to be Highly Lucrative Region of Perfluorocarbons Market
- In terms of value and volume, Asia Pacific constituted prominent share of the global perfluorocarbons market in 2018. This can be ascribed to the constant demand for perfluorocarbons in the well-established semiconductor manufacturing industry in countries such as China, South Korea, and Japan.
- North America accounts for key share of the global perfluorocarbons market due to a strong demand for consumer goods in the region. The market in North America is projected to expand significantly, owing to high utilization of perfluorocarbons in medical applications in the region. Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America also account for a notable share of the global market. Their share is anticipated to increase significantly in the near future.
Perfluorocarbons Market: Competition Landscape
- Key manufacturers operating in the global perfluorocarbons market include
- AGC Inc.
- The Chemours Company
- Fujian Yongjing Technology Co., Ltd.
- Pelchem SOC Ltd
- Changshu 3F Zhonghao New Chemical Materials Co., Ltd.
- F2 Chemicals Ltd
- FluoroMed Specialty Chemicals
Perfluorocarbons Market – Scope of the Report
The new study on the global perfluorocarbons market published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as structure of the global perfluorocarbons market. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global perfluorocarbons market to illustrate how growth would discern during the forecast period of 2021-2031.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis as well as supply chain analysis and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in the TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global perfluorocarbons market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis of leading market players’ business strategies is also featured in TMR’s study on the global perfluorocarbons market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee the growth of the global perfluorocarbons market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global perfluorocarbons market, which would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Perfluorocarbons Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the global perfluorocarbons market between 2018 and 2031?
- What is the influence of changing trends on the global perfluorocarbons market?
- Would Asia Pacific continue to remain the most profitable region for manufacturers of perfluorocarbons in the near future?
- Which factors are expected to hamper the global perfluorocarbons market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies of the global perfluorocarbons market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the global perfluorocarbons market and arrive at conclusions on growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the report on the global perfluorocarbons market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts also interviewed senior managers, portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the Production of TMR’s study on the global perfluorocarbons market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global perfluorocarbons market. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global perfluorocarbons market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global perfluorocarbons market more reliable and accurate.
Perfluorocarbons Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global perfluorocarbons market segments the market based on product, application, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global perfluorocarbons market are discussed in detail.