Peramivir Drugs Market: Introduction
- Peramivir is crystalline hygroscopic powder, soluble in deionized water, and it is synthesized in multiple step process using SM1, SM2, and SM3 as a starting material. Peramivir drugs are classified under the antiviral category. It is neuraminidase inhibitor. Cyclopentane analogue peramivir binds to the active site of the influenza virus neuraminidase and inhibits its activity of strains of influenza A and B viruses. The use of peramivir helps reduce the symptoms of flu including sore throat, cough, headache, joint aches, and fever. The FDA approved peramivir for the treatment of influenza infection in adults in 2014. Moreover, it has been approved and available in Japan and South Korea as a Rapiacta and Peramiflu, respectively.
Key Drivers, Restrain and Opportunities of Global Peramivir Drugs Market
- Peramivir is a promising treatment for influenza. Thus, an increase in prevalence of influenza is anticipated to drive the market. For instance, since 2010 in the U.S., flu has resulted in 9.3 million to 49 million illnesses each year. According to Center for Disease Control and Prevention, in the U.S., an estimated 140,000 to 810,000 hospitalizations were recorded in annually. An estimated 24,000-62,000 deaths were recorded in the U.S. during 2019-2020, due to influenza.
- The geriatric population is highly susceptible to influenza. Thus, an increase in geriatric population is anticipated to drive the market. For instance, an estimated 70% to 85% seasonal flu-related deaths occurred in people 65 years and older.
- However, the side-effects associated with peramivir include cloudy urine, fever, diarrhea, and dizziness. Therefore, side-effects associated with peramivir are likely to hamper the global market.
- Rise in prevalence and awareness about influenza and government initiatives are projected to offer lucrative opportunities in the global market. Moreover, key players to address the unmet needs and government initiatives to improve healthcare infrastructure are also estimated to provide significant opportunity in the market
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Peramivir Drugs Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global peramivir market due to high prevalence of influenza among the population. Moreover, well-established healthcare infrastructure is likely boost the market in the region.
- The peramivir market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to a rise in awareness about advanced therapeutics. Moreover, a surge in geriatric population is likely to drive the market
Key Players Operating in Global Peramivir Drugs Market
The global peramivir market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Demand for peramivir products has increased in emerging as well as developed markets. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global market. For instance, in September 2009, BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced that had signed a partnership agreement for peramivir for Influenza outside the U.S.
Major players operating in the global peramivir market are:
- BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
Global Peramivir Drugs Market: Research Scope
Global Peramivir Drugs Market, by Application
- Influenza A Treatment
- Influenza B Treatment
Global Peramivir Drugs Market, by Type
Global Peramivir Drugs Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.