Pemphigus Vulgaris Treatment Market: Introduction
- Pemphigus Vulgaris is a rare autoimmune disorder characterized by painful blisters on the skin, lining of the mouth, throat, nose, and genitals. It usually affects the middle-aged population including both men and women. Pemphigus Vulgaris occurs when the body’s own immune system mistakenly attacks proteins in the layer of the skin. The symptoms of pemphigus vulgaris include development of painful blisters and pinching sensation on the skin. The blisters usually develop in the mouth first, which subsequently rupture to form painful sores. This continues until entire the lining of mouth is affected, causing difficulty in swallowing. Blisters also form on the skin and rupture, creating painful wounds. Blisters once ruptured become infected; the damaged skin oozes fluid and become prone to infections. The diagnosis test for pemphigus vulgaris include histopathology, direct immunofluorescence, and indirect immunofluorescence. There is no permanent cure for pemphigus vulgaris, only symptomatic relief can be provided.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Pemphigus Vulgaris Treatment Market
- Increase in awareness about influenza, improved healthcare infrastructure, increased R&D spending, technological advancements, increased investment by major players for the development of treatment, rich product pipeline, and increase in government initiatives are major factors driving the global pemphigus vulgaris treatment market. However, the high cost of drug development and severe side-effects associated with the treatment may restrain the global market.
Global Pemphigus Vulgaris Treatment Market: Segmentation
- The global pemphigus vulgaris treatment market can be segmented based on drug, route of administration, distribution channel, and region. In terms of drug, the global market can be classified into prednisone, azathioprine, rituximab, cyclophosphamide, cyclosporine, and others. The prednosone segment dominated the market in 2020, and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period. Expansion of the segment is attributed to extensive usage of corticosteroids in the management of symptoms of pemphigus vulgaris. Based on route of administration, the global pemphigus vulgaris treatment market can be split into oral and injectable. The oral segment dominated the market in 2020, and it is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. Based on distribution channel, the global pemphigus vulgaris treatment market can be categorized into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The hospital pharmacies segment dominated the market, due to high preference for this channel of distribution. The segment is projected to maintain its leadership position from 2021 to 2031.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Pemphigus Vulgaris Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global pemphigus vulgaris treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the global pemphigus vulgaris treatment market in 2020. It is projected to account for a significant market share during the forecast period. The market in North America is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace due to improved healthcare infrastructure and increased R&D spending in the region.
- According to National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD) rare disease database, pemphigus is estimated to affect from 0.7-5 people per 1,000,000 per year in the general population, and pemphigus vulgaris is a highly common form of pemphigus in the U.S.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR in the next few years, due to technological advancements, increased research spending, and improvement in healthcare infrastructure in developing countries in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Pemphigus Vulgaris Treatment Market
The global pemphigus vulgaris treatment market is highly consolidated with the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global Pemphigus Vulgaris Treatment market include:
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Novartis AG
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Vifor Pharma Management Ltd.
- Genentech, Inc.
- Principia Biopharma
Global Pemphigus Vulgaris Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Pemphigus Vulgaris Treatment Market: by Drug
Global Pemphigus Vulgaris Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Global Pemphigus Vulgaris Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Retail pharmacies
- Online pharmacies
Global Pemphigus Vulgaris Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.