Pelvic Floor Exerciser: Introduction
- Pelvic floor exerciser is a nonsurgical process that activates the nerves and muscle mechanism of the pelvic floor. This is frequently prescribed to strengthen the neuromuscular mechanism of the pelvic floor for the treatment of urinary incontinence. The pelvic floor exerciser helps patients suffering from urinary incontinence regain control over their bladder muscle and the muscles around it.
- Pelvic floor exerciser involves controlled electrical or magnetic stimulation with non-implantable stimulators to the nerves of the pelvic floor and bladder. Electrodes are placed around the gonads and the rectum, or around the anus. The frequency and amplitude of the stimulating pulses, their duration, the number of treatments per day, and the overall duration of the treatment cycle depend on the type and severity of the incontinence. Pelvic floor exercises the precise muscles involved in the excretion of urine; hence, no surgery is required and patient participation is also kept to a minimum.
Key Drivers of Global Pelvic Floor Exerciser Market
- Weakening of the pelvis floor muscles, menopause, obesity, constipation, urinary tract infections, and alcoholism are major causes of urinary incontinence. Increase in prevalence of these conditions coupled with a rise in the global geriatric population, is a major driver of the global pelvic floor exerciser market.
- Increase in healthcare awareness among patients and healthcare professionals in developing countries is also driving the market of global pelvic floor exerciser market
- According to the U.S. National Institutes of Health, in 2012, approximately 13 million adult women and 6 million adult males above the age of 40 years were suffering from urinary incontinence in the U.S. alone. The U.K. health data suggests that 4 in 100 adult males and 1 in 5 adult women suffers from this disorder. According to the Canadian Incontinence Foundation, 3.3 million people in Canada above the age of 40 years, equating about 10% of the total population, suffer from some kind of urinary incontinence. This has led to government agencies supporting pelvic floor exerciser, which is likely to lead to better reimbursement options, which in turn is estimated to increase the demand in the next few years.
Electrical Devices Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of type, the global pelvic floor exerciser market can be divided into electrical and manual
- The electric devices segment accounts for a major share due to the established popularity of these devices among clinicians and patients, while magnetic devices were introduced relatively recently and are yet to become widely popular
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Pelvic Floor Exerciser Market
- In terms of region, the global pelvic floor exerciser market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Increase in incidence of urinary diseases and rise in urological surgeries performed in the region are expected to drive the market in North America
- Several players operating in the current healthcare sector are gradually entering the global implantable pelvic floor electrical stimulation devices market, as the prevalence of urinary incontinence continues to increase worldwide
Key Players Operating in Global Pelvic Floor Exerciser Market
The global pelvic floor exerciser market is highly fragmented, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global pelvic floor exerciser market are:
- Active Life Technologies
- Atlantic Therapeutics
- Utah Medical Products, Inc.
- The Prometheus Group
- Shenzhen XFT Medical Limited
- KayCo 2 Ltd.
- Zynex Medical
Global Pelvic Floor Exerciser Market: Research Scope
Global Pelvic Floor Exerciser Market, by Type
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.