Pelvic Floor Exerciser: Introduction
- Pelvic floor exerciser is a nonsurgical process that activates the nerves and muscle mechanism of the pelvic floor. This is frequently prescribed to strengthen the neuromuscular mechanism of the pelvic floor for the treatment of urinary incontinence. The pelvic floor exerciser helps patients suffering from urinary incontinence regain control over their bladder muscle and the muscles around it.
- Pelvic floor exerciser involves controlled electrical or magnetic stimulation with non-implantable stimulators to the nerves of the pelvic floor and bladder. Electrodes are placed around the gonads and the rectum, or around the anus. The frequency and amplitude of the stimulating pulses, their duration, the number of treatments per day, and the overall duration of the treatment cycle depend on the type and severity of the incontinence. Pelvic floor exercises the precise muscles involved in the excretion of urine; hence, no surgery is required and patient participation is also kept to a minimum.
Key Drivers of Global Pelvic Floor Exerciser Market
- Weakening of the pelvis floor muscles, menopause, obesity, constipation, urinary tract infections, and alcoholism are major causes of urinary incontinence. Increase in prevalence of these conditions coupled with a rise in the global geriatric population, is a major driver of the global pelvic floor exerciser market.
- Increase in healthcare awareness among patients and healthcare professionals in developing countries is also driving the market of global pelvic floor exerciser market
- According to the U.S. National Institutes of Health, in 2012, approximately 13 million adult women and 6 million adult males above the age of 40 years were suffering from urinary incontinence in the U.S. alone. The U.K. health data suggests that 4 in 100 adult males and 1 in 5 adult women suffers from this disorder. According to the Canadian Incontinence Foundation, 3.3 million people in Canada above the age of 40 years, equating about 10% of the total population, suffer from some kind of urinary incontinence. This has led to government agencies supporting pelvic floor exerciser, which is likely to lead to better reimbursement options, which in turn is estimated to increase the demand in the next few years.
Electrical Devices Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of type, the global pelvic floor exerciser market can be divided into electrical and manual
- The electric devices segment accounts for a major share due to the established popularity of these devices among clinicians and patients, while magnetic devices were introduced relatively recently and are yet to become widely popular
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Pelvic Floor Exerciser Market
- In terms of region, the global pelvic floor exerciser market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Increase in incidence of urinary diseases and rise in urological surgeries performed in the region are expected to drive the market in North America
- Several players operating in the current healthcare sector are gradually entering the global implantable pelvic floor electrical stimulation devices market, as the prevalence of urinary incontinence continues to increase worldwide
Key Players Operating in Global Pelvic Floor Exerciser Market
The global pelvic floor exerciser market is highly fragmented, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global pelvic floor exerciser market are:
- Active Life Technologies
- Atlantic Therapeutics
- Utah Medical Products, Inc.
- The Prometheus Group
- Shenzhen XFT Medical Limited
- KayCo 2 Ltd.
- Zynex Medical
Global Pelvic Floor Exerciser Market: Research Scope
Global Pelvic Floor Exerciser Market, by Type
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!