Pediatric Respiratory Disease Treatment Market: Introduction
- Rise in global pollution levels have caused the pediatric population to be highly susceptible to a number of respiratory ailments. Pediatric respiratory disorders and symptoms include aerodigestive disorders (recurrent aspiration), asthma, chronic cough, and congenital abnormalities of airway & lung development including tracheobronchomalacia, cystic fibrosis, bronchopulmonary dysplasia (chronic lung disease), primary ciliary dyskinesia, recurrent respiratory infections & pneumonia, respiratory failure & ventilator dependency, sleep-apnea, and wheezing.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Pediatric Respiratory Disease Treatment Market
- Rise in prevalence of respiratory disorders, changing lifestyle habits, progressive increase in obese pediatric population, and surge in awareness about pediatric care are anticipated to increase expenditure on pediatric respiratory disease treatment
- Allergic rhinitis is the most common form of non-infectious rhinitis. According to the International Study on Asthma and Allergies in Childhood (ISAAC), prevalence of rhinitis varies between 0.8% and 14.9% in six to seven-year old children and between 1.4% and 39.7% in 13 to 14-year old children. Countries with a very low prevalence include Indonesia, Albania, Romania, Georgia, and Greece. Countries with a very high prevalence include Australia, New Zealand, and the U.K.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Pediatric Respiratory Disease Treatment Market Report
- Government and non-government organizations focus on campaigns to increase awareness about pediatric health. Several associations and foundations are playing an active role in spreading awareness about various pediatric conditions such as short bowel syndrome, neuroblastoma, leukemia, cancer palliative care, respiratory diseases care, mental health, and neonatal care.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), the Child Health and Development Institute (CHDI), the World Child Cancer, the Indian Cancer Society, and others are engaged in creating awareness among people about pediatric disorders
Asthma Segment to Lead Global Market
- The global pediatric respiratory disease treatment market can be segmented based on drug class, disease type, distribution channel, and region
- In terms of drug class, the global pediatric respiratory disease treatment market can be divided into anti-inflammatory drugs, bronchodilators, combination drugs, corticosteroid, monoclonal antibodies, and others. The combination drugs segment is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period due to proven efficacy of these drugs in maintaining these conditions and promising pipeline of upcoming drugs in the segment.
- Based on disease type, the global pediatric respiratory disease treatment market can be classified into asthma, cystic fibrosis, bronchiolitis, pneumonia, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, tuberculosis, and others. According to recent global statistics by the Global Asthma Network, nearly 334 million people across the world are affected by asthma. Among them, 14% are children and 8.6% are young adults (aged between 18 and 45 years). Prevalence is higher in developed countries than developing ones.
- In terms of distribution channel, the global pediatric respiratory disease treatment market can be classified into hospitals & clinics, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
Asia Pacific to Offer Lucrative Opportunities in Global Pediatric Respiratory Disease Treatment Market
- The global pediatric respiratory disease treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is a significant market for pediatric respiratory disease treatment due to strong emphasis on health care development and high health care expenditure.
- Asia Pacific is also anticipated to offer lucrative opportunities in the pediatric respiratory disease treatment market. This can be attributed to high patient population, rise in awareness about pediatric care, and increase in focus of public & private organizations in preventing respiratory disorders in the developing countries.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Pediatric Respiratory Disease Treatment Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in Global Pediatric Respiratory Disease Treatment Market
Leading players in the global pediatric respiratory disease treatment market are:
- AstraZeneca plc
- Bayer AG
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Merck & Co, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
Global Pediatric Respiratory Disease Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Pediatric Respiratory Disease Treatment Market, by Drug Class
- Anti-inflammatory Drugs
- Combination Drugs
- Monoclonal Antibodies
Global Pediatric Respiratory Disease Treatment Market, by Disease
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
Global Pediatric Respiratory Disease Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Pediatric Respiratory Disease Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.