Cardiac surgery has experienced a tremendous growth in technological advancement, and the coronary bypass grafting has become routinely safe worldwide. Advancements in valve repair and replacement have improved the outcomes for patients each year who are afflicted with valvular heart diseases. Congenital heart defects can be repaired in infants, even those weighing less than 2 kg with a positive outcome. The cardiopulmonary bypass surgery is used to repair cardiac defects, and cannulae play a vital role during this process as these tubes provide bloodless and motionless environment to cardiothoracic surgeons to repair the defects.
The growth of the global pediatric cannulae market is driven by the rise in incidence of congenital heart defects among infants, advancement in pediatric surgical procedures, and innovative product development by key players. Furthermore, rising health care expenditure, advancement in health care facilities in developing countries, and government initiatives to create awareness about congenital heart defects are the major factors driving the market growth of the global pediatric cannulae market. However, rising cost of equipment and lack of skilled cardiothoracic surgeons and physicians to perform surgeries are the factors which are restricting the growth of the global market. On the other hand, penetration of regional or local players with low cost devices is likely to boost the growth of the market in emerging economies.
The global pediatric cannulae market has been segmented by product, material type, end-user, and region. Based on product, the global pediatric cannulae market is segmented into extracorporeal and cardioplegia products. The extracorporeal products segment is further segmented into arterial cannulae, femoral cannulae, and venous cannulae. Arterial cannulae are used to return oxygenated blood to the patient during the cardiopulmonary bypass surgery. The femoral cannulae are used for placement in femoral vein and are ideally suited for percutaneous and direct insertion. Venous cannulae are designed to provide venous drainage. The cardioplegic products segment is divided into antegrade cannulae and retrograde cannulae. The antegrade cardioplegia cannula allows the supply of solutions via coronary arteries, and in retrograde cardioplegia cannula, solutions are supplied through coronary veins. The retrograde cannulae sub-segment is further divided into manually inflating balloon and self-inflating balloon.
In terms of material type, the market is segmented into biocompatible material, polyurethane, polyvinyl chloride (PVC), silicone, and others. In terms of end-user, the market is divided into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. The hospitals segment held the largest share of the pediatric cannulae market owing to rising patient preference towards established hospitals for cardiac surgeries, growing number of patients, and growing adoption of new products and techniques by hospitals in the treatment of cardiac disorders.
Based on region, the global pediatric cannulae market is distributed over five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global pediatric cannulae market in terms of revenue during the forecast period, followed by Europe. This is attributed to factors such as advancements in the treatment of congenital heart diseases, which has enabled healthcare providers to efficiently treat neonates, pediatric and infants suffering from congenital heart defects. However, Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period due to growing prevalence rate of cardiovascular diseases among children, increasing adoption of minimally invasive techniques, and rising government funding and initiatives in creating awareness about pediatric congenital heart diseases.
Key players operating in the global pediatric cannulae market include MAQUET Holding B.V. & Co. KG, Becton Dickinson, Medtronic Inc., Edwards Lifesciences Corporation, Sorin Group, Braile Biomédica, ANDOCOR n.v., DTR Medical, Medline Industries, Inc., Mortech Industries, and Eurosets.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.