Global Pederson Vaginal Specula Market: Overview
- A vaginal speculum is a tool that doctors use for investigating the vaginal orifice. Vaginal speculum is generally made of metal or plastic, and is hinged and shaped like a duck’s bill. Doctors use vaginal speculums to spread and hold open the vaginal walls during pelvic, pap smears, and cervix examination. This allow them to see the vagina and cervix more easily.
- Pederson specula is generally used by doctors in teenage girls. Its blades are narrower than those of a regular adult speculum. The speculum blades are connected with a central screw and can be moved up and down vertically. Speculums have a matt finish from inside to avoid reflections.
Key Drivers of Global Pederson Vaginal Specula Market
- The global Pederson vaginal specula market is growing at a rapid pace owing to increase in incidence of ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, and sexually transmitted infections.
- A pelvic exam is a doctor’s visual and physical examination of a woman’s reproductive organs. During the exam, the doctor inspects the vagina, cervix, fallopian tubes, vulva, ovaries, and uterus with the help of a specula. Additionally, common sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in women, including gonorrhea, chlamydia, genital herpes, and HPV infection are a worldwide public health concern. According to WHO, more than 1 million sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are acquired every day worldwide and such patients frequently undergo pelvic examinations; this drive the demand for the use of Pederson vaginal specula.
Opportunity: Growing Economies in Asia Pacific & the Middle East
- Patterns of STIs such as syphilis and HIV have changed in the last couple of decades. Syphilis had decreased considerably in the 1990s, but it has reemerged with alarming intensity in the past few years. More than 4 million new cases of syphilis are reported in developing countries in Asia, largely characterized by growing epidemics and concentrated in key populations in a number of countries.
- Governments in emerging economies are making efforts to improve health care infrastructure. Patients are availing the benefits provided by governments, which has encouraged vendors to come up with new technologies. Moreover, increase in competition among vendors ensures the availability of the most user-friendly and efficient Pederson vaginal specula devices at a reasonable price.
Asia Pacific to Account for Major Share of Global Pederson Vaginal Specula Market
- In terms of region, the global Pederson vaginal specula market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is projected to dominate the global Pederson vaginal specula market during the forecast period. This is attributed to an increase in number of patients with pelvic diseases. Moreover, well-established health care infrastructure, presence of key players, and huge volume consumption of specula in hospitals and clinics are anticipated to lead to the domination of the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Pederson Vaginal Specula Market
Major players operating in the global Pederson vaginal specula market include:
- Integra LifeSciences
- MedGyn Products, Inc.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Welch Allyn
- STERIS Corporation
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Other Prominent Players
Global Pederson Vaginal Specula Market: Research Scope
Global Pederson Vaginal Specula Market, by Material
Global Pederson Vaginal Specula Market, by Usability
Global Pederson Vaginal Specula Market, by End-user
- Surgical Centers & Tissue Banks
Global Pederson Vaginal Specula Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!