Peanut Allergy Treatment Market: Introduction
- Food allergy is common these days. Milk, protein, and shellfish are among the most common allergens. Peanut allergy is another common allergen. Currently, approximately, 2.5% of children are suffering from peanut allergy in the U.S.
- Peanut allergy leads to several other allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis. At present, there is no treatment available for peanut allergy. Some of the experimental drugs are preferred for treating peanut allergy. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is expected to approve two or more immunotherapy drugs for peanut allergy treatment.
- Peanut allergy is also one of the leading causes of deaths. Although there is proof that peanut oral immunotherapy is effective in minimizing the severity of the allergy, such methods require proper intervention.
- The use of new biological compounds is suggested to have potential to treat peanut allergy, which is expected to improve the treatment method of peanut allergy in patients. For instance, companies such as Aimmune Therapeutics, Prota Technologies, Camallergy, and DBV Technologies are conducting clinical trials to develop peanut allergy treatment products. It is expected that “Viaskin Peanut”, which is under trial by DBV Technologies, could be the first immunotherapy product to be launched into the peanut allergy treatment market. The product is a dermal patch, which contains roughly 250 microgram of peanut protein drugs.
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Peanut Allergy Treatment Market Report from this Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Peanut Allergy Treatment Market
- The global peanut allergy treatment market is expected to grow rapidly in the near future due to launch of new products in the industry. These products are expected to gain substantial demand in the market.
- Alternatively, rise in the number of patient visits to clinics for the treatment of this allergy and growth in commercial and scientific activities for research and development are expected to drive the global peanut allergy treatment market during the forecast period.
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Peanut Allergy Treatment Market
- North America is likely to dominate the global peanut allergy treatment market, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. The dominance of the North America region can be attributed to the increase in prevalence of peanut allergy. According to the American Journal of Scientific Medicines Research 2016 findings, every year, peanut allergy affects an anticipated 1.3% to 1.5% of the total U.S. population. Of which, its affects 2.5% to 3% of the pediatric population. It is one the most common food allergies observed in children. Findings also suggest that the prevalence of peanut allergy in the U.S. grew three-fold between 1999 and 2010. Another study suggests that there has been an approximate 20% increase since 2011. It can be anticipated that there will be a persistent rise in the total number of adults living with peanut allergy. This is expected to exert substantial pressure on the U.S. healthcare system, schools, parents, employers, food making companies, etc. Additionally, government interventions pertaining to allocation of funds for conducting research and development activities based on new technologies are driving the market in the region.
- Peanut allergy treatment market in Europe and Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness substantial growth during the forecast period due to rise in the number of food related allergy testing and per capita health care spending.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Peanut Allergy Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Peanut Allergy Treatment Market
The global peanut allergy treatment market is highly competitive with key manufacturers adopting numerous strategies to launch new product and gain market share. Some of the key players operating in the global peanut allergy treatment market are:
- Aimmune Therapeutics
- Johnson & Johnson Inc.
- Aimmune Therapeutics
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Global Peanut Allergy Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Peanut Allergy Treatment Market, by Drug Type
- Epinephrine Injection (EpiPen, Twinject, AUVI-Q)
Global Peanut Allergy Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Global Peanut Allergy Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Drug Store
Global Peanut Allergy Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.