PCR System for Food Testing: Introduction
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is a method for amplifying a specific piece of DNA
- PCR system detects foodborne pathogens and other important food quality and safety targets, accurately and quickly
- PCR systems offer qualitative detection of major pathogens including Cronobacter spp., Listeria, E. coli O157:H7, and Salmonella, and other important targets in environment and food
- The application of real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is one of the most promising advancements in food quality and safety, providing reliable, rapid, and quantitative results
- Real-time PCR has become an important alternative to traditional detection methods in the food and agricultural industries
- Advantages of quantitative real-time PCR include excellent detection limit, sensitivity, specificity, selectivity, speed, and potential for automation
- The global PCR system for food diagnostic market is expected to be driven by increase in food contamination due to various microorganisms, including bacteria and fungi
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of PCR Food Testing Systems Market Report
Key Drivers of Global PCR Food Testing Systems Market
- The global PCR food testing systems market is driven by increase in the number of foodborne diseases
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, researchers have identified over 250 foodborne diseases to date. Most of the infections are caused due to various viruses, bacteria, and parasites.
- According to the World Health Organization, unsafe food causes 600 million cases and 420,000 deaths due to foodborne illnesses each year. Globally, 1 in 10 people fall sick each year after consuming contaminated food. Around 125,000 children under 5 years die each year due to unsafe food.
- Hence, increase in incidence of foodborne diseases is projected to drive the demand for PCR system for food diagnostics during the forecast period
Consumables Segment to Grow at Rapid Pace
- In terms of product, the global PCR food testing systems market can be bifurcated into instruments and consumables
- The consumables segment includes reagents, assays, probes, and kits
- The consumables segment is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period
- Wide applicability and easy transport and handling are expected to drive the demand for consumables during the forecast period
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom PCR Food Testing Systems Market Report
North America to Dominate Global PCR Food Testing Systems Market
- In terms of region, the global PCR food testing systems market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global PCR food testing systems market during the forecast period. Increase in the initiation of food safety acts and stringent regulations by governments are likely to propel the market in the region.
- Europe is anticipated to offer significant opportunities in the PCR food testing systems market due to influence of regulatory organizations such as the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) on PCR systems used for food testing
Key Players Operating in Global PCR Food Testing Systems Market
The global PCR food testing systems market is consolidated, with small number of major players accounting for majority market share. Key players operating in the global PCR food testing systems market are:
- Danaher Corporation
- Hygiena LLC
- Minerva Biolabs GmbH
- QIAGEN NV
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- bioMérieux SA
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- BIOTECON Diagnostics GmbH
- R-Biopharm AG
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
Global PCR Food Testing Systems Market: Research Scope
Global PCR Food Testing Systems Market, by Product
Global PCR Food Testing Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.