Patient Stimulators Market: Introduction
- Patient stimulator is a small electronic device worn externally by a patient and affixed to the skin through electrodes. Patient stimulators can be used for various purposes including treating chronic intractable pain, reducing acute post-operative pain & swelling, reducing spasticity, maintaining muscle tone during temporary extremity immobilization, and assisting spinal cord injured patients to grasp, stand, and walk independently.
Key Drivers of Global Patient Stimulators Market
- The global patient stimulators market is driven by increase in demand for patient stimulators
- Patient stimulators help reduce edema (swelling) and enhance the healing process of damaged or injured tissue, and can also help reduce chronic pain
- Increase in incidence of injuries such as spinal and sports injuries and rise in prevalence of chronic diseases such as obesity and cardiac diseases, and chronic pain boost the growth of the global patient stimulators market
- Rise in interest and research & development in health care, surge in the number of laboratories, and increase in technological advancements are the key factors driving the global patient stimulators market
- Increase in the geriatric population and changes in lifestyle leading to various diseases also fuel the growth of the global patient stimulators market
- However, rise in treatment cost and lack of awareness about technological advancements in the developing countries are projected to hamper the growth of the global patient stimulators market
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Patient Stimulators Market Report
Strategies Adopted by Key Players and Emerging Economies to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Companies operating in the global patient stimulators market focus on catering to the needs of the medical community and patient population by introducing novel products and technologies. Leading players emphasize on research & developmental and engage in acquisitions, mergers, and collaborations to strengthen their position in the global market.
- In January 2020, Medtronic announced the CE Mark for Percept PC neurostimulator; it is the only deep brain stimulation (DBS) system to be launched in the European Union (EU) with BrainSense technology which has the ability to sense and record brain signals while delivering therapy to patients suffering from neurologic disorders, such as Parkinson’s disease.
- In January 2020, Medtronic announced the acquisition of Stimgenics, LLC, a privately-held company based in Bloomington, Illinois, the U.S., that has pioneered a novel spinal cord stimulation (SCS) waveform known as Differential Target Multiplexed (DTM) Spinal Cord Stimulation
- In November 2013, Zynex, Inc., a provider and developer of non-invasive medical devices for electrotherapy, stroke rehabilitation, neurological diagnosis, and cardiac monitoring, announced the introduction of its next generation electrotherapy medical device, the TENSWave. TENSWave is a pain relief electrical stimulator that offers a treatment option based on the type of pain the patient is experiencing.
- Emerging economies present lucrative opportunities in the patient stimulators market owing to increase in patient population, surge in prevalence of chronic diseases, rise in initiatives by governments in the health care sector, increase in the number of laboratories, and rise in research and developmental activities
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Patient Stimulators Market
- North America is projected to account for leading share of the global patient stimulators market due to increase in health awareness, rise in patient population, well-established health care infrastructure, surge in technological advancements, increase in number of well-equipped laboratories, rise in research & developmental activities, and presence of key players
- The patient stimulators market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to increase in the geriatric population, rise in initiatives by governments in the health care sector, surge in incidence of chronic diseases, and increase in interest of key players in expanding market presence in the region
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Patient Stimulators Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Patient Stimulators Market
Leading players in the global patient stimulators market focus on research & development and technological advancements. Their competitors are also emphasizing on various growth strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, product advancements, product launches & approvals, partnerships, and collaborations. Leading players operating in the global patient stimulators market are:
- OMRON Corporation
- Zynex Medical
- DJO Global, Inc.
- RS Medical
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Nevro Corp.
- NeuroMetrix, Inc.
- Braun Melsungen AG
- Medline Industries, Inc.
Global Patient Stimulators Market: Research Scope
Global Patient Stimulators Market, by Stimulation Type
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS)
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES)
Global Patient Stimulators Market, by Application
- Pain Management
- Neurological & Movement Disorder Management
- Musculoskeletal Disorder Management
- Metabolism & GIT Management
- Incontinence Management
Global Patient Stimulators Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Patient Stimulators Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.