Patient Return Electrodes Market: Introduction
- Electrosurgery involves generation of a circuit through a patient's body in order to achieve surgical effects such as cutting, coagulation, desiccation, and fulguration of tissue. When a surgeon activates an electrosurgical unit (ESU), it generates a high-frequency current.
- This current enters a patient at the point of application of an active electrode at the operative site, passes through the patient, then leaves the patient and returns to the generator via an electrode with a much larger surface area. This return electrode could disperse the current via either a conductive or a capacitive function.
- Patient return electrode is also known as a ‘dispersive pad’, which is placed somewhere else on the patient's body. The current passes through the patient as it completes the circuit from the active electrode to the patient return electrode.
- The function of the patient return electrode is to remove current from the patient safely. A return electrode burn will occur if the heat produced, over time, is not safely dissipated by the size or conductivity of the patient return electrode.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Patient Return Electrodes Market
- Rise in number of electrosurgeries is projected to drive the global patient return electrodes market during the forecast period.
- Growth of the market is attributed to technological advancements in electrosurgical instruments, increase in demand for minimally invasive surgeries, rise in number of medical, cosmetic, and age-related surgeries performed, and surge in number of ambulatory surgery centers.
Global Patient Return Electrodes Market Segmentation
- The global patient electrodes market can be segmented based on type, application, end-user, and region
- In terms of type, the global patient return electrodes market can be bifurcated into reusable and disposable. The reusable segment accounted for major share of the global patient return electrodes market in 2020.
- Based on application, the global patient return electrodes market can be classified into adults and pediatric. The adults segment held significant share of the global market in 2020.
- In terms of end-user, the global patient return electrodes market can be divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, research laboratories & academic institutes, and others. The hospitals segment accounted for major share of the global market in 2020.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Patient Return Electrodes Market
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global patient return electrodes market during the forecast period owing to advanced health care infrastructure.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace from 2021 to 2031 owing to large geriatric population, increase in disposable incomes, and rise in awareness about various cancers in patients.
Key Players Operating in Global Patient Return Electrodes Market
Major players operating in the global patient return electrodes market are:
- Johnson & Johnson
- Cardinal Health
- Xodus Medical
- Bovie Medical (Apyx Medical)
- Cathay Manufacturing Corp.
- LCCS Medical, Inc.
- Zhejiang Jinhua Huatong Medical
- Shenzhen Mecun
- INTCO Medical
- Other prominent players
Global Patient Return Electrodes Market: Research Scope
Global Patient Return Electrodes Market, by Type
Global Patient Return Electrodes Market, by Application
Global Patient Return Electrodes Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Research Laboratories & Academic Institutes
Global Patient Return Electrodes Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!