Increase in Demand for Better Healthcare Facilities to Drive Global Market
- Patient lifts have proven to be useful for disabled persons as well as caregivers. Disabled and elderly individuals face mobility issues while performing their day-to-day tasks, even finding the process to be dangerous most of the time.
- Patient lifting equipment include bathtub lift equipment that enable the user to move in and out of the tub with ease and comfort. Invacare is a leading manufacturer of patient lifts. There are sit-to-stand varieties of patient lifts available for those who have lost muscular control to stand on their feet from the bed or a wheelchair.
- Overhead or ceiling lifts can be attached to the ceiling of the room. Other varieties of patient lifts include sling lift, which allows heavy weight or obese patients to be transferred without causing stress to the user or the caregiver extending support
- These devices have a limitation where sling lifts tend to bend and compress the body of the patient during the transfer process
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Patient Lifting Equipment Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Patient Lifting Equipment Market
Increase in Disabled Population Globally
- Geriatric population is usually prone to various physical disabilities such as loss of neuromuscular control and immobility. The annual report on Disability Statistics, 2017 published by the University of New Hampshire pointed out that disability rate increases with age. In 2016, less than 1% of the U.S. population aged 5 years and under suffered from disability, whereas 36.6% population aged 65 years and above suffered from disability.
- People suffering from disabilities will increasingly require mobility devices or lifting devices to conduct their day-to-day activities, as geriatric disorders often co-exist with obesity and disability
- Improving health care in major countries, such as the U.S., Japan, and China, have led to increased life expectancy of the population. According to the data released by the WHO SAGE publication group, Brazil, Thailand, South Korea, and China are expected to have a large geriatric population in a short span of time.
- Japan, the U.S., and the U.K. are also expected to follow a similar pattern. Growth in geriatric population is likely to lead to an increase in disabilities. This will drive the demand for various mobility devices.
- The ‘Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD)’ promotes access to mobility devices and assistive technologies among its member countries in a bid to provide these devices at affordable cost. This convention also facilitates training people with disabilities to use patient lifting devices apart from professionals working in facilitation and rehabilitation services.
Lifting Slings Product Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of product, the global patient lifting equipment market can be segmented into fixed lifting slings, ceiling hoist, floor hoist, standing hoist, and others
- The lifting sling segment can be categorized into general purpose slings, pivot slings, amputee slings, rehabilitation slings, pediatric slings, and others
- Ceiling hoist segment is sub-categorized into accessories and systems
- Lifting slings product segment is expected to dominate the global patient lifting equipment market between 2019 and 2027
North America to Lead Global Patient Lifting Equipment Market
- In terms of region, the global patient lifting equipment market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global patient lifting equipment market in 2018. Key factors driving the market in North America are increasing number of individuals with disability, rising geriatric population, significant demand for technologically advanced devices, and high awareness about advanced patient lifting equipment and affordability in the region.
- Europe is expected to account for a major share of the global patient lifting equipment market after North America
- This market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid CAGR during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. Increase in the number of disabled individuals, aging population, and expansion of the global companies into the region are likely to contribute to the growth of this market in Asia Pacific.
- Other regions, such as Latin America and Middle East & Africa have been least explored due to lack of penetration and usage of modern and advanced patient lifting equipment. Therefore, demand for and acceptance of various patient lifting aids, medical furniture, and modern bathroom safety products are likely to provide growth opportunities to patient lifting equipment manufacturers.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Patient Lifting Equipment Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global patient lifting equipment market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key players operating in the global patient lifting equipment market are:
- IMED Mobility
- Joerns Healthcare LLC
- Invacare Corporation
- Hill-Rom Services Inc.
- Handicare Group AB
- GF HEALTH PRODUCTS, INC.
- Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
Global Patient Lifting Equipment Market: Research Scope
Global Patient Lifting Equipment Market, by Product
- Lifting Slings
- General Purpose Slings
- Pivot Slings
- Amputee Slings
- Rehabilitation Slings
- Pediatric Slings
- Ceiling Hoist
- Floor Hoist
- Standing Hoist
Global Patient Lifting Equipment Market, by End-user
- Elderly Care Facilities
- Home Care
Global Patient Lifting Equipment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.