Particulate Respirators Market: Introduction
- Respirators are devices designed to protect the wearer from inhaling harmful dusts, fumes, gases or vapors. Particulate respirators are also called air-purifying respirators, as they clean particles from the air a person is breathing.
- Particulate respirators offer protection from dust and other particulate matters but not against chemicals, gases, or vapors. They are often used in hospitals for protection against infectious agents.
- Particulate respirators are intended to attain close facial fit and effective filtration of airborne particles
- These respirators are classified into N-series, R-series, and P-series based on the type of protection they offer
- N-series particulate respirators are not resistant to oil and hence, offer protection against solid and liquid aerosol particulates not containing oil. R-series particulate respirators are resistant to oil and offer protection against both solid and liquid aerosol particulates that might contain oil.
- P-series particulate respirators offer protection against solid and liquid aerosol particulates that contain oil, and have a longer service life than R-series respirators
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Particulate Respirators Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Particulate Respirators Market
Increasing prevalence of respiratory diseases
- The global particulate respirators market is driven by increasing prevalence of respiratory diseases such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. For instance, as per the World Health Organization (WHO), every year, approximately 65 million people suffer from COPD and 3 million deaths occur, making it the third leading cause of deaths worldwide. Such instances are fueling the demand for particulate respirators.
Rising incidences of mesothelioma
- The global particulate respirators market is witnessing expansion due to rising incidences of mesothelioma, a cancer, affecting the protective lining of internal organs. For instance, according to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), there were 19,011 cases of mesothelioma between 2003 and 2008 in the U.S. A large number of mesothelioma cases are triggered by exposure to asbestos. Such instances are increasing the demand for particulate respirators.
Government Initiatives for safety of workers in health care and other industries
- Government initiatives for improving the security of health care workers are fueling the growth of the global particulate respirators market. For instance, in 2010 outbreak of H1N1 influenza, the U.S. Government undertook initiatives encouraging the use of respiratory protection masks against influenza exposure among health care workers in hospitals of California.
North America to Dominate Global Particulate Respirators Market
- North America accounts for a major share of the global particulate respirators market
- The dominant share of North America can be attributed to awareness about particulate respirators among the population, increased R&D initiatives in the health care sector, and technological advancements
- This market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to increase in R&D activities, large number of patients suffering from respiratory diseases, and awareness about particulate respirators in the region
- China and India are anticipated to be the fastest growing particulate respirators markets in the Asia Pacific region due to high population and a large pool of patients with respiratory ailments
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Particulate Respirators Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- The global particulate respirators market is highly fragmented due to the presence of several key players accounting for significant share of the market resulting in a highly competitive environment
- The demand for particulate respirators has increased in both emerging and developed countries. Market players are also appointing third-party distributors to expand their presence in the market. This has resulted in a surge in the number of distributors and suppliers in emerging markets. Some of the key players operating in the global market are:
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Sinotextiles Corporation Ltd
- The Gerson Company.
- Crosstex International, Inc.
- Uvex Group
- San Huei United Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai Dasheng Health Products Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- Powecom Safety Goods Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- Suzhou Sanical Protective Products Co. Ltd.
Global Particulate Respirators Market: Research Scope
- The global particulate respirators market can be segmented on the basis of type, category, technology, product, and region
Global Particulate Respirators Market, by Type
- Half Face
- Full Face
Global Particulate Respirators Market, by Category
Global Particulate Respirators Market, by Technology
- With Breather Valve
- Without Breather Valve
Global Particulate Respirators Market, by Product
- Mechanical Filter Respirator
- Chemical Cartridge Respirator
- Powered Air-purifying Respirator
Global Particulate Respirators Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.