Partial Onset Seizures Market: Introduction
- Partial onset seizure occurs due to abnormal electrical activity in one part of the brain. It is also known as focal seizure. Focal seizures can be of two types: focal seizure without loss of consciousness and focal seizure with impaired awareness. Focal seizure without loss of consciousness is known as simple partial seizure, while focal seizure with impaired awareness is known as complex partial seizure.
- A seizure is a transient disruption of brain function due to abnormal and excessive electrical discharges in brain cells. According to the American Epilepsy Society, around 14% of individuals suffers from simple partial seizure, while 36% individuals with epilepsy have complex partial seizure.
Key Drivers of Global Partial Onset Seizures Market
- The global partial onset seizures market is projected to be driven by rise in prevalence of epilepsy. Incidence of epilepsy is higher in developing countries due to late diagnosis and availability of necessary health care and treatment facilities. Therefore, rise in prevalence of epilepsy is anticipated to drive the global partial onset seizures market.
- According to the Epilepsy Society, epilepsy is the fourth most common type of neurological problem. Around 87 individuals are diagnosed with epilepsy every day, while 60 million people across the world are living with epilepsy.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Partial Onset Seizures Market Report
- Increase in research activities drives the global partial onset seizures market. Moreover, a large number of new antiepileptic drugs are in development with novel mode of action. This, in turn, is expected to contribute to the growth of the global partial onset seizures market during the forecast period.
- Increase in public awareness and introduction of educational programs in several countries in the past few years are likely to propel the global partial onset seizures market during the forecast period. Moreover, wider approval of marijuana-based drugs by the FDA for partial onset seizure treatment is projected to propel the global partial onset seizures market.
North America to Account for Significant Share of Global Partial Onset Seizures Market
- North America is a major market for partial onset seizures because of presence of leading pharmaceutical players and their well-established research & development infrastructure
- According to the Epilepsy Foundation, an estimated 150,000 incidences of epilepsy occur in the U.S. each year
- Europe was the second leading market due to large number of extensive drug development & formulation based research projects and high awareness & importance among the people about health
- Growth of the market in North America and Europe is attributed to high per capita income of individuals in major developed countries in these regions. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period because of rise in prevalence of partial onset seizure and initiatives by governments of developing countries to improve overall health of the people.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Partial Onset Seizures Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in Global Partial Onset Seizures Market
Major players in the global partial onset seizures market are:
- Mylan N.V.
- Novartis AG
- Eisai Co., Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Abbott Laboratories
Global Partial Onset Seizures Market: Research Scope
Global Partial Onset Seizures Market, by Type
- Simple Partial Seizures
- Complex Partial Seizures
Global Partial Onset Seizures Market, by Drug
Global Partial Onset Seizures Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Partial Onset Seizures Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.