Partial Onset Seizures Market: Introduction
- Partial onset seizure occurs due to abnormal electrical activity in one part of the brain. It is also known as focal seizure. Focal seizures can be of two types: focal seizure without loss of consciousness and focal seizure with impaired awareness. Focal seizure without loss of consciousness is known as simple partial seizure, while focal seizure with impaired awareness is known as complex partial seizure.
- A seizure is a transient disruption of brain function due to abnormal and excessive electrical discharges in brain cells. According to the American Epilepsy Society, around 14% of individuals suffers from simple partial seizure, while 36% individuals with epilepsy have complex partial seizure.
Key Drivers of Global Partial Onset Seizures Market
- The global partial onset seizures market is projected to be driven by rise in prevalence of epilepsy. Incidence of epilepsy is higher in developing countries due to late diagnosis and availability of necessary health care and treatment facilities. Therefore, rise in prevalence of epilepsy is anticipated to drive the global partial onset seizures market.
- According to the Epilepsy Society, epilepsy is the fourth most common type of neurological problem. Around 87 individuals are diagnosed with epilepsy every day, while 60 million people across the world are living with epilepsy.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Partial Onset Seizures Market Report
- Increase in research activities drives the global partial onset seizures market. Moreover, a large number of new antiepileptic drugs are in development with novel mode of action. This, in turn, is expected to contribute to the growth of the global partial onset seizures market during the forecast period.
- Increase in public awareness and introduction of educational programs in several countries in the past few years are likely to propel the global partial onset seizures market during the forecast period. Moreover, wider approval of marijuana-based drugs by the FDA for partial onset seizure treatment is projected to propel the global partial onset seizures market.
North America to Account for Significant Share of Global Partial Onset Seizures Market
- North America is a major market for partial onset seizures because of presence of leading pharmaceutical players and their well-established research & development infrastructure
- According to the Epilepsy Foundation, an estimated 150,000 incidences of epilepsy occur in the U.S. each year
- Europe was the second leading market due to large number of extensive drug development & formulation based research projects and high awareness & importance among the people about health
- Growth of the market in North America and Europe is attributed to high per capita income of individuals in major developed countries in these regions. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period because of rise in prevalence of partial onset seizure and initiatives by governments of developing countries to improve overall health of the people.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Partial Onset Seizures Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in Global Partial Onset Seizures Market
Major players in the global partial onset seizures market are:
- Mylan N.V.
- Novartis AG
- Eisai Co., Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Abbott Laboratories
Global Partial Onset Seizures Market: Research Scope
Global Partial Onset Seizures Market, by Type
- Simple Partial Seizures
- Complex Partial Seizures
Global Partial Onset Seizures Market, by Drug
Global Partial Onset Seizures Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Partial Onset Seizures Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.