Parathyroid Disease Treatment Market: Introduction
- Parathyroid disease is characterized with abnormalities of serum calcium. Hyperparathyroidism, hypoparathyroidism, and parathyroid cancer are the three types of parathyroid disease. Primary hyperparathyroidism is a condition, in which too much parathyroid hormone is produced by the parathyroid gland. Parathyroid cancer is a rare disease often caused due to high level of parathyroid hormone. A study published in BMC Endocrine Disorder stated that parathyroid cancer is a rare endocrine malignancy primarily diagnosed in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Parathyroid Disease Treatment Market
- Rise in prevalence of parathyroid diseases is anticipated to boost the growth of the global parathyroid disease treatment market. An article published in PLOS, a study between 2003 and 2017, estimated that 13,897 admissions corresponding to 12,903 patients registered with parathyroid gland disorder were reported in Spain. According to Informa UK Limited, primary hyperparathyroidism (pHPT) is the third most common endocrine disorder.
- Parathyroid problems are more common in younger adults (30 to 40 years) and older people. Hence, increase in the geriatric population is likely fuel the growth of the global market. According to an article published in journal of the Endocrine Society, a retrospective survey was conducted during January 1997 to June 2018, which estimated that 462 patients were diagnosed with primary hyperparathyroidism and 212 of them were aged above 65.
- Focus on research & development by key players is anticipated to drive the global parathyroid disease treatment market. In June 2017, Amgen, Inc. received positive opinion from the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA) for Marketing Authorization of a pediatric formulation, Mimpara (cinacalcet), for children aged three years and older with secondary hyperparathyroidism (HPT).
- However, product recall by the Food and Drug Administration is likely hamper the growth of the global parathyroid disease treatment market. For instance, in September 2019, the Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited issued the U.S. recall of NATPARA.
- Increase in awareness about advanced therapeutics owing to rise in prevalence of parathyroid diseases in developing countries presents lucrative opportunities in the global market. Moreover, governments in developing countries are making significant investments toward modernization of health care infrastructure, which is likely to increase access to health care. This is expected to drive demand for advanced technologies.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Parathyroid Disease Treatment Market Report
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Parathyroid Disease Treatment Market
- North America is likely to account for major share of the global parathyroid disease treatment market during the forecast period due to high prevalence of parathyroid diseases. Additionally, well-established health care infrastructure in developed countries is projected to boost the growth of the market in the region.
- The parathyroid disease treatment market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to rise in awareness and surge in geriatric population. An article published in the Indian Journal of Endocrine Metabolism stated that the incidence of asymptomatic primary hyperparathyroidism has been rising in the West, including India.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Parathyroid Disease Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Parathyroid Disease Treatment Market
The global parathyroid disease treatment market is highly consolidated due to the presence of small number of key players. Demand for parathyroid treatment products has increased in emerging as well as developed markets owing to rise in prevalence of parathyroid gland disorder. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global market.
Major players operating in the global parathyroid disease treatment market are:
- Amgen Inc.
- Novartis AG
Global Parathyroid Disease Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Parathyroid Disease Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Minimally Invasive Parathyroidectomy
- Standard Neck Exploration
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
Global Parathyroid Disease Treatment Market, by Application
- Parathyroid Cancer
Global Parathyroid Disease Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis