Paralysis (Plegia) Treatment Market: Introduction
- Plegia, or paralysis, is a paralysis of skeletal muscles. An incomplete paralysis is also known as a paresis. A plegia is generally caused by damage to one or more nerves that travel from the brain to the muscle and initiate movements. Nerves could disrupt along their course in the upper or lower motor neuron, i.e. in the spinal cord, in the brain, or in the body. Plegia could be classified by the location of damage or by the affected limb.
- Depending on the location of nerve disruption, either in the lower or upper motor neuron, plegia is classified as central or peripheral. The lower motor neuron expands from the anterior horn cell of the spinal cord to the neuromuscular junction of the muscle. An injury in the lower motor neuron is also known as a peripheral plegia. Peripheral plegia usually affects one or more nerves (plexus paresis). The upper motor neuron usually runs from the brain to the anterior horn cell of the spinal cord. If damage occurs in the upper motor neuron of the nerve, it is known as central plegia. Paralyses are diagnosed by testing the muscle strength. The clinical diagnosis of muscle strength is carried out by assessments. The most common is the diagnosis with the help of the Medical Research Council (MRC), where 0 points represent a paralysis, i.e. plegia.
- The paralysis (plegia) treatment market can be segmented based on type, end-user, and region. Based on type, the market can be categorized into physical therapy, occupational therapy, and assistive devices & medications. Meanwhile, the assistive devices segment can be further classified into walkers, wheelchairs, grab bars, specialized handles, and grips & voice-activated technology. Based on end-user, the market can be split into hospitals, specialty clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, homecare, & others.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Paralysis (Plegia) Treatment Market
- The shortage of physical activity and the adoption of an unhealthy lifestyle, collaborations & acquisitions by pharmaceuticals companies for the technological advancement of treatment are major factors driving the paralysis (plegia) treatment market
- However, limited availability of treatment options owing to the lower prevalence of (plegia) paralysis and fewer approvals of drugs from regulatory authorities is estimated to hamper the market during the during forecast period
- Increase in healthcare expenditure and substantial financial support to researchers for the development of novel interventions are projected to provide significant opportunity for the market
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Paralysis (Plegia) Treatment Market
In terms of region, North America is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period. North America followed by Europe is projected to hold a major share of the paralysis (plegia) treatment market. Rise in sleep disorders, increase in awareness, and surge in R&D activity for chronic disorders are key factors that are estimated to drive the market in the region. Emerging economies such as China and India are developing pharmaceutical products and are expected to contribute majorly toward the expansion of the paralysis (plegia) treatment market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global Paralysis (Plegia) Treatment Market
The global paralysis (plegia) treatment market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global paralysis (plegia) treatment market are:
- Strongbridge Biopharma plc
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Mylan N.V.
- Zydus Cadila
- Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- X-GEN Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Cyberonics, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Acclarent, Inc. (Johnson & Johnson)
Global Paralysis (PLEGIA) Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Paralysis (PLEGIA) Treatment Market, by Type
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Assistive devices
- Grab bars
- Specialized handles and grips
- Voice-activated technology
Global Paralysis (PLEGIA) Treatment Market, by End Users
- Specialty clinics
- Ambulatory surgical centers
Global Paralysis (PLEGIA) Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East &Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.