Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Treatment: Introduction
- Thyroid gland is made of thyroid cells that absorb iodine from food and convert it into triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4). These hormones are released into the blood stream and play an important role in the regulation of metabolism. A normal thyroid gland produces around 80% T4 and 20% T3.
- The thyroid gland is prone to several problems including underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism), overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism), and thyroid nodules, autoimmune thyroiditis (Hashimoto’s thyroiditis), and papillary thyroid carcinoma
- Papillary thyroid carcinoma is the most common form of thyroid cancer and constitutes about 80% of all thyroid cancers detected. Papillary thyroid carcinomas are well-differentiated tumors that can largely remain asymptomatic in early stages and are marked by only a mass or lump in the neck. Papillary thyroid cancer has high survival rate, better prognosis, and can usually be cured in most of the cases unlike rare anaplastic thyroid cancer that grows and spreads quickly and has lesser chance of recovery.
- The signs and symptoms of papillary thyroid carcinoma include a lump or nodule in the neck, trouble in breathing or swallowing, pain when swallowing, and/or hoarseness in voice
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Treatment Market Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Treatment Market
- The global papillary thyroid carcinoma treatment market is driven by increase in incidence of thyroid disorders such as hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Rise in the number of patients affected with autoimmune diseases (which is a major risk factor for thyroid disorder) such as Grave’s disease is considered a major factor for consistent increase in incidence of thyroid disorders, including cancer.
- Organizations such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) have stated that thyroid disorders are rapidly increasing and demand novel and effective thyroid therapeutics for treatment
- Additionally, prevalence of thyroid cancer is increasing at a constant rate in developed countries. This boosts the global papillary thyroid carcinoma treatment market.
- Age, gender, and exposure to harmful radiations are the major risk factors for developing papillary thyroid cancer
- Several private and government organizations and key companies are engaged in increasing awareness about thyroid disorders through disorder awareness campaigns in developing as well as developed regions. These programs would increase awareness about thyroid cancer among the patient population, leading to higher uptake of thyroid therapeutics.
- However, lack of awareness, high treatment cost, and treatment-associated side effects are likely to hamper market growth during the forecast period
Surgery Segment to Lead Global Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Treatment Market
- The treatment regime for papillary thyroid carcinoma is often decided based on patient age and stage of cancer
- In terms of treatment type, the global papillary thyroid carcinoma treatment market can be divided into surgery, radiation therapy, thyroid hormone therapy, chemotherapy, and others.
- Surgery is the standard treatment option for most of the papillary thyroid cancers. The surgery segment can be classified into lobectomy, thyroidectomy, and lymph node removal.
- The thyroid gland absorbs most of the iodine in the body. Hence, radioactive iodine (RAI, also called I-131) can be used to treat thyroid cancer. Radioactive iodine when absorbed in the thyroid gland destroys cancer cells without harming rest of the body cells.
- Thyroid hormone therapy helps in replacing the thyroid hormones that were no more produced in the body post thyroidectomy. This helps in maintaining normal metabolism and possibly lower risk of the cancer recurrence by keeping the levels of TSH secreted from pituitary low.
North America to Lead Global Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Treatment Market
- The global papillary thyroid carcinoma treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. This is due to high adoption of advanced treatment approaches and high prevalence of papillary thyroid carcinoma. Favorable reimbursement landscape, aggressive awareness programs, better diagnostic measures, and presence of major advanced therapy brands make North America the most promising market for papillary thyroid carcinoma treatment.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Treatment Market
Key players in the global papillary thyroid carcinoma treatment market are:
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
- Siemens Healthineers AG
- Accuray Incorporated
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Elekta AB
- GE Healthcare
Global Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Radiation Therapy
- Thyroid Hormone Therapy
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.