Palbociclib Drugs Market: Introduction
- Palbociclib is a drug manufactured by Pfizer, marketed under the brand Ibrance, and it is used for the treatment of hormone receptor-positive (HR+ve) and human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-negative (HER2-), advanced or metastatic breast cancer. It inhibits the activity of cyclin dependent kinases, specifically CDK4 and CDK8, thus preventing the growth of cancer cells.
- During cell cycle, cyclin dependent kinases form a binary complex with (CDK4 and CDK8) Cyclin D. Thus, helping the phosphorylation of retinoblastoma protein, Rb, which further enhances the growth of cells by helping in the progression of cell cycle. Palbociclib inhibits the activity of CD4/8, thus preventing the formation of cyclin D-CDK4/6 complex that cannot phosphorylate Rb protein and subsequently, reducing cellular proliferation of estrogen receptor (ER)-positive breast cancer cell lines.
- Thus, palbociclib blocks progression of the cell from G1 into S phase of the cell cycle, acting as a cell cycle inhibitor for tumor growth in breast cancer. It is generally taken daily orally with food in a cycle of 21 days of active medication or a combination with an aromatase inhibitor as initial endocrine-based therapy in postmenopausal women or with fulvestrant in women with disease progression followed by endocrine therapy.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Palbociclib Drugs Market
- Rise in number of breast cancer cases and its prevalence worldwide is the major factor driving the market. A survey conducted by the U.S. Government indicates that about 1 in 8 U.S. women (about 13%) has a chance to develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.
- Percentage increase in the survival rate of patients, decrease in the mortality rate of patients treated with Ibrance and its efficacy of curing affected patients are also some factors that are projected to drive the global palbociclib drugs market
- Impairing fertility and reproductive capacity in women, causing fetal harm during pregnancy, genotoxicity and low white blood cell counts (neutropenia) that can cause serious infections are some factors that may hamper the palbociclib drugs market
Tablets Demand is estimated to dominate the Global Palbociclib Drugs Market
- Based on dosage form, the global palbociclib drugs market can be divided into tablets and capsules
- The tablets segment dominated the global market due to increased flexibility, no particular dietary concerns and increased water solubility. Tablets are highly soluble than capsules that cause them to act in a better way in absorption and assimilation by the body. Increased flexibility of tablets means that these can be taken with or without food and can also be taken with proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) or antacids. Addressing dietary concerns means tablets does not contain lactose or gelatin. These factors together drive the segment.
Hospitals Segment to Expand Significantly
- Based on end-user, the global palbociclib drugs market is classified into hospitals, diagnostic centers, and research institutes
- The hospitals segment has dominated the global palbociclib drugs market due to marked percentage (%) increase in number of cases coming to hospitals and clinics and the facilities provided in hospitals such as home care and healthcare facilities
Retail Pharmacies to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on distribution channel, the global palbociclib drugs market is classified into online pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and others
- Retail pharmacies is a highly lucrative segment due to easy availability and increased purchase of medicines from retail shops than from online pharmacies
North America to Dominate Global Palbociclib Drugs Market
- In terms of region, the global palbociclib drugs market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounts for the largest market share for the global palbociclib drugs market followed by Europe. Rise in the number of cancer cases due to increase in prevalence among patients in North America, technology advancements followed by increased funding from government in R&D activities, and large corporates making huge amount of investments in cancer diagnostics are major factors that have led North America to account for significant share of global market.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global palbociclib drugs market was highly fragmented in 2020. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Beacon Pharmaceuticals
- Incepta Pharmaceuticals
- NANO DARU
Global Palbociclib Drugs Market: Research Scope
Global Palbociclib Drugs Market, by Dosage Form
Global Palbociclib Drugs Market, by Distribution Channel
- Online pharmacies
- Retail pharmacies
Global Palbociclib Drugs Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic centers
- Research institutes
Global Palbociclib Drugs Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.