Paint Defoamers Market: Additive that eliminate foam
- Defoamer for paint and coatings is an additive that eliminates foam during application of paint and contributes to achieve even coating that is free from defects. Foam present in the paints is known to cause coating flaws such as fisheyes, popping, cratering, and depressions. Therefore, it is important for defoamers used in paint and coatings (or ink) to eliminate these defects while offering defoaming properties.
- It is virtually impossible to escape the occurrence of potential foam stabilizing substances in coatings systems, and hence, defoamers are employed to avoid the formation of foam and/or to destroy (as rapidly as possible) foam that has already been formed.
- A defoamer decreases and restricts the development of foam, a matter generated due to the trapping of gas in a liquid or solid, such as paints and coatings. Defoamers display surface active properties and are not soluble in a foaming medium. An important characteristic of a defoamer is its low viscosity and ability to disperse rapidly on foamy surfaces.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive Report Brochure here
Key drivers of paint defoamers market
- Significant expansion of the paints & coatings industry, owing to a shift in the demand toward decorative paints, is expected boost the demand for paint defoamers in near future. Expansion of the paints & coatings sector at a high growth rate is primarily characterized by the booming automotive industry across the world coupled with expansion of the construction sector across the globe.
- Technological advancements and innovations in material sciences and monitoring the performance of defoamers have driven its use in paints & coatings applications.
- VOC-free defoamers act as a major substitute and an economical alternative to different mineral oil defoamers. In 2017, a leading coating additives supplier, BYK Additives & Instruments, launched a new products BYK-1788 and BYK-1799 anti-foam solutions useful for coating systems for UV-radiation curing.
Silicone defoamers segment to offer attractive opportunities
- Rising preference for water-borne paints and coatings among consumers, instead of oil based paints and coatings, is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the use of silicone defoamers in the paint and coatings industry.
- Silicone defoamers are extensively utilized in modern waterborne coatings and printing inks, owing to the anti-foaming characteristics of defoamers, which in turn is expected to propel the demand for silicone defoamers during the forecast period. Silicone anti-foam exhibits various properties such as remarkable reactivity with various process ingredients, longer operational lifespan, and high insolubility, thus offering high quality surface finish. Consequently, this product is extensively used in the paints & coatings industry. Additionally, silicone defoamers have lower surface tension, as compared to that of other organic products, which helps the paints to spread more.
- Increasing applications of silicone defoamers in paints and coatings is expected to propel the global paints defoamers market. However, use of non-silicone defoamers in the paints industry is increasing as they are less toxic and biodegradable. Cumulatively, these developments are boosting the global paint defoamers market.
Intense competition from counterparts and stringent regulations to hamper market
- However, stringent regulations have been imposed on the use of defoamers, specifically containing volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Moreover, issues pertaining to health, which may be amplified by the use of certain defoamers, is likely to hamper the global paint defoamers market.
- Stringent policies and regulations laid down by governments on the use of silicone defoamers in paints and coatings applications and the availability of internal substitutes, such as oil-based defoamers, water-based defoamers and other types of defoamers, are expected to restrain the silicone defoamer segment of the market to some extent in the near future.
Asia Pacific expected to hold significant share in the global paint defoamers market
- In terms of region, the global paint defoamers market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of paint defoamers, followed by Europe and North America. Rising demand for automotive coatings in Germany, the U.S., China, Japan, and South Korea is expected to fuel the demand for paint defoamers during the forecast period. Moreover, rising demand for nitrocellulose-based lacquers in the building & construction industry across developing countries in Asia Pacific, such as China, India, Indonesia, and Vietnam, is expected to offer significant opportunity to the manufacturers of paint defoamers operating in the region.
- Asia Pacific is a prominent market for paint defoamers, globally. Water-based anti-foaming agents are increasingly being preferred, as compared to silicone-based defoamers, in the emerging markets, since they are cost-effective and have high de-aerating effect. Rising demand for defoamers for paints, in emerging economies in Asia Pacific, such as China, is attributed to the rapid pace of industrialization in these countries. Stringent regulatory requirements against the use of VOC in paints and additives have driven the demand for environmental-friendly defoamers in North America and Europe.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Paint Defoamers Market here
Key players operating in the Paint Defoamers Market
The global paint defoamers market is fairly fragmented with a handful established companies competing with numerous smaller ones. Demand within paint defoamers market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 20% to 25% of the market. Key players operating in the paint defoamers market include
- Evonik Industries AG
- BYK Additives & Instruments
- Elementis PLC
- Dow Corning Corporation
- BASF SE
- Lubrizol Corporation
- Arkema Group
- SAN NOPCO LIMITED
- Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
Global Paint Defoamers Market: Research Scope
Global Paint Defoamers Market, by Product Type
- Oil-based Defoamer
- Silicone-based Defoamer
- Water-based Defoamer
- Mineral-based Defoamers
Global Paint Defoamers Market, by Application
- Wood and Furniture
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.