Oxaliplatin Market: Introduction
- Oxaliplatin is anti-cancer medication indicated to treat colorectal cancer. It is a platinum-based drug belonging to the same family as that of cisplatin and carboplatin. The drug is classified as an alkylating agent and is administered in combination with fluorouracil and leucovorin.
- Oxaliplatin acts by interfering with the development of DNA in a cell, thereby stopping it from dividing into new cells and kills it
- Treatment with chemotherapy drug takes nearly 2 to 6 hours. The patient needs to have oxaliplatin every 2 or 3 weeks, as per the treatment cycle.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Oxaliplatin Market Report
Key Drivers & Restraints of Global Oxaliplatin Market
- The global oxaliplatin market is primarily driven by increase in prevalence of colorectal cancer, rise in demand for new cancer cases, and extensive research in the field of oncology
- As per the data by the National Cancer Institute, nearly 1,735,350 new cases of cancer were diagnosed in the U.K. and 609,640 people were succumbed to the disease in 2018
- According to the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), in 2019, nearly 45,600 adults in the U.S. were diagnosed with colorectal cancer
- Furthermore, increase in incidence of colorectal cancer is expected to boost the growth of the market. According to the ASCO, incidence of colorectal cancer is on rise among the people who are younger. Additionally, colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer diagnosed in men and women.
- However, rise in adoption of alternatives such as targeted therapies is likely to restrain the growth of the oxaliplatin market
Adjuvant Treatment of Stage III Colon Cancer Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Oxaliplatin Market
- Based on application, the global oxaliplatin market can be classified into adjuvant treatment of stage III colon cancer, treatment of stage IV colorectal cancer, and others
- The adjuvant treatment of stage III colon cancer segment is likely to continue its dominance by 2027. Increase in number of clinical trials evaluating the use of oxaliplatin for the treatment of colorectal cancer is expected to support the growth of the segment during the forecast period.
Hospital Pharmacies Segment to Gain Major Share of Global Market
- Based on distribution channel, the global oxaliplatin market can be classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The hospital pharmacies segment is projected to hold prominent market share between 2019 and 2027.
North America to Dominate Global Oxaliplatin Market
- In terms of region, the global oxaliplatin market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America held prominent share of the global oxaliplatin market and is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period.
- In North America, the oxaliplatin market is projected to be driven by increase in number of colorectal cancer cases and rising awareness of various treatment modalities for cancer
- As per the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, in the U.S., colorectal cancer represented 8.3% of all new cancer cases in 2019
- According to the American Cancer Society, Inc. (ACS), in 2020, nearly 104,610 new cases of colon and 43,340 cases of rectal cancer are expected to be diagnosed in the U.S. with nearly 53,200 deaths from colorectal cancer
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Oxaliplatin Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global oxaliplatin market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for a major market share. Key players operating in the global oxaliplatin market are:
- Pfizer Inc.
- Fresenius Kabi D
- Dr. Reddy’s laboratory
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Qilu Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
- Jiangsu Aosaikang Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
Global Oxaliplatin Market: Research Scope
Global Oxaliplatin Market, by Application
- Adjuvant Treatment of Stage III Colon Cancer
- Treatment of Stage IV Colorectal Cancer
Global Oxaliplatin Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Oxaliplatin Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.