Ovarian Cancer Therapeutics Market: Introduction
- Ovarian cancer is a relatively uncommon kind of disease that arises from different types of cells inside the ovary, an almond-shaped egg-producing female reproductive organ
- Ovarian cancer is caused due to mutagenic changes in the DNA. Inherited mutations in genes are responsible for ovarian cancer. The chance of developing ovarian cancer is high if a woman has inherited mutations in the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes.
- The most common form of ovarian cancer is epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC), which arises from the epithelium of the ovary. Ovarian cancer is considered as a highly common kind of cancer among women. It accounts for more deaths than the other cancers of the feminine genital system, while it ranks 5th in overall women deaths due to cancer. This type of cancer is rarely diagnosed at an early stage, making treatment at a complicated stage difficult.
- Ovarian cancer is the seventh-commonest cancer among women. Increased risk factors of cancer have led to an increasing trend in the incidence of cancer around the world. In 2018, 4.4% of entire cancer-related mortality among women was attributed to ovarian cancer.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Ovarian Cancer Therapeutics Market
- The market is driven by a rise in new cases of ovarian cancer. The need for more effective treatment options is boosting the market.
- The market is dominated by generics such as paclitaxel and carboplatin; however, drugs such as Bevacizumab (Avastin) and Pazopanib (Votrient) are estimate to boost the market. The development of medicine with improved efficacy could pose a challenge for the market. Development of new drugs to treat this type of cancer is estimated to offer significant opportunity to the market.
- According to American Cancer Society estimates, the danger of any woman acquiring ovarian cancer in her lifetime is 1 in 75, while her chance of death thanks to ovarian cancer is 1 in 100.
- Ovarian cancer is more prevalent among elderly women, making women over 55 a high-risk population. Women in this age bracket have the lowest survival rate also. Surgical procedures are used for the treatment of both early and advanced stages of ovarian cancer.
- Ovarian cancer and its increasing incidence rate is a growing concern worldwide. Market players are currently engaged in the development of medicine and chemotherapies for the management of ovarian cancer.
- The global ovarian cancer drug market is anticipated to be driven by a large number of therapeutics in the developmental stage and competition among market players in terms of efficacy and price of therapies
- Patent expiry of several leading drugs could also possibly propel the market by encouraging the entry of new players. These changing dynamics are estimated to boost the ovarian cancer market during the forecast period.
- The global ovarian cancer drug market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace. Continuous research and development to produce efficient therapeutic intervention for numerous diseases boost the ovarian cancer drugs market. Several ovarian cancer drugs are in the clinical phase and are expected to drive the market soon.
- Currently, multiple phase II clinical trial and III clinical trials evaluating checkpoint inhibitors in combination regimens are being conducted. Unmet needs within the ovarian cancer drugs market provides considerable opportunity to develop breakthrough first-in-class therapies. Introduction of non-platinum-based PARP inhibitors and VEGF inhibitors in second and third-line settings is changing the treatment paradigm for ovarian cancer dramatically.
North America to Dominate Global Ovarian Cancer Therapeutics Market
- The U.S. holds a prominent share in the ovarian cancer diagnostics and therapeutics market in North America. Ovarian cancer is the ninth-most typical cancer and therefore, the fifth-leading reason behind cancer deaths among women in the U.S.
- The American Cancer Society estimates that in 2020, about 21,750 new cases of ovarian cancer are likely to be diagnosed and 13,940 women would die of ovarian cancer in the U.S.
- Majority of the top worldwide ovarian cancer diagnostics players are headquartered in the U.S., and this tends to be the key advantage for the region, which in turn is anticipated to drive the market
- China and India are pegged as exceptionally promising countries, offering significant opportunities to the market. Rising incidence of ovarian cancer, beneficial medical care reforms, increasing health awareness, low-cost base, and lack of regulatory and cultural inhibitions are key factors boosting the market in India and China.
Key Players of Global Ovarian Cancer Therapeutics Market
Major players operating in the global ovarian cancer drugs market are
- Allergan plc
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Clovis Oncology
Global Ovarian Cancer Therapeutics Market, Research Scope
Global Ovarian Cancer Therapeutics Market, by Treatment Type
- Radiation Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
Global Ovarian Cancer Therapeutics Market, by Cancer Type
- Epithelial Ovarian Cancer
- Germ Cell Tumor
- Ovarian Stromal Tumor
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.