Outdoor Apparel Market
Outdoor Apparel Market (Product Type: Top Wear, Bottom Wear, Coveralls, and Others; Material: Natural and Synthetic; Consumer Group: Men, Women, and Kids; Price Range: High, Medium, and Low; and Distribution Channel: Online and Offline) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Advancements in Clothing Technology Help Consumers Choose Right Wear
The modern consumer cares about cloth sustainability as much as clothing. Producers in the outdoor apparel market take sustainability seriously by including the latest and greatest innovations into their apparel. The outdoor industry is rapidly innovating its products with the use of advanced technology. Producers have coined the term ‘techwear’ to describe clothing that makes use of technology. In recent years, the outdoor apparel market has witnessed an increase in investments by consumers in functional, packable, protective, and fashionable apparel, due to rising interest in outdoor activities. Today's consumers are most likely to choose products that offer stylish outdoor apparel that are waterproof, light in weight, warm in extreme temperatures, and extremely durable. Thus, the outdoor apparel market is expected to further rise during the forecast period.
The outdoor clothing is witnessing various trends in consumer demand mostly in terms of convenience and technology to make the apparel weatherproof in any given setting. Clothing innovations such as the compression technology helps to provide the right pressure by enhancing the muscle power of the wearer and improving the supply of oxygen in the body. These garments can also create a microclimate within the skin and the fabric by setting the temperature and managing the moisture content. The innovations in outdoor clothing are also increasing its importance in the shapewear-cum-workout wear segment for figure-conscious consumers. Besides tracksuits, manufacturers also make socks, leggings, and pants to keep wearers active all day long.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Outdoor Apparel Market
Restrictions on Outdoor Activities Hamper Outdoor Apparel Market Growth
The apparel and clothing segment has contracted unexpectedly with the rise of the COVID-19 virus spread. Most brands, retailers, and manufacturers have faced severe losses due to the rising inactivity after the growing active cases of COVID-19 leading to strict lockdowns. The exception was the Chinese market, which continued its role as the industry’s growth engine with a rising CAGR amid the global pandemic. However, in response to the crisis, many leading outdoor apparel brands and retailers have canceled their orders, even when the work has already been done. Thus, it has impacted the people working in their supply chains, and factories are holding the stocks. Moreover, with stringent regulations on outside activities to limit the spread of the coronavirus, the growth of the outdoor apparel market has been affected.
The upcoming period will have a more positive outlook albeit amid ambiguity caused by the growing spread of COVID-19 in developing countries. Manufacturers are cautiously optimistic, and focused on the future growth opportunities and business strategies. The biggest challenges to overcome are witnessed in supply chains, ongoing challenges relating to physical activity levels, restrictions on outdoor visits, and declining sport participation. The greatest opportunities, meanwhile, are associated with the potential restoration of outdoor events, sports activities, manufacturing units, and the ongoing rise in popularity of outdoor and home-based sports.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Growing Consumer Interests in Outdoor Activities Demand Innovative Techwears
A healthy sense of curiosity for the natural world, and a space to develop skills for living a happy and healthy life are influencing various individuals towards outdoor recreation participation. One of the major factors driving the outdoor apparel market is the clothing that is made for, purchased, and used by outdoor recreationists. Outdoor recreational activities usually require forms of clothing and certain elements that are more breathable for vigorous activities and durable to shield against the factors. Polyester, for instance, is a material that wicks sweating and is not used as ordinarily in industries as the fast fashion. Moreover, in places where hiking is popular, people are more likely to buy safe and durable outdoor apparel as regular apparel might be torn or damaged in the activity.
The growing interest in sports and physical activities is aiding in the growth of the outdoor apparel market. Since special clothing optimizes performance and comfort, the biggest deciding factor is the consumer preference of clothing in different situations. A major proportion of outdoor apparel customers includes the urban population, inclined toward sustainable and branded products. People with environmental concerns prefer innovative products made with recycled raw materials. Moreover, the increasing consumer desire for trendy and fashionable lifestyles and the growing innovation from manufacturers are some major factors contributing to the growth of the outdoor apparel market during the projected timeline.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Outdoor Apparel Market
A rising shift toward a healthy and slim body has been a factor driving the outdoor apparel market. With the increase in ways to remain fit and growing attraction toward adventure sports, the global outdoor apparel market is likely to grow. Sports and fitness wear has become significant for health-conscious customers around the world. The present big brands are most likely to dominate the future outdoor clothing value chain with increased outsourcing outdoor apparel production to developing countries such as China, Bangladesh, and India, where labor cost is low. Due to various factors, including evolving lifestyles, increasing disposable income, rising participation in social activities, and high spending on leisure activities, the outdoor apparel market is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~5%, in terms of value, during the forecast period.
Outdoor Apparel Market: Overview
- According to the latest market report published by Transparency Market Research on the outdoor apparel market for the period 2021–2031 (wherein 2021 to 2031 is the forecast period and 2020 is the base year), rising participation in outdoor activities is a key factor propelling the demand for outdoor clothing, which is driving the outdoor apparel market
- Globally, revenue generated by the outdoor apparel market accounted over US$ 12 Bn in 2020, which is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~5% in terms of value during the forecast period
Rising Participation in Outdoor Activities: Key Driver of Outdoor Apparel Market
- Changing lifestyles, rise in disposable income, increasing participation in social activities, and high spending on leisure activities are factors triggering the demand for outdoor apparel around the world. According to the Outdoor Industry Association (OIA), approximately 50.7% of the U.S. population participated in, at least, one outdoor activity in 2019. Furthermore, the recent publication of OIA states that 8.1 million more Americans hiked in 2020 compared to 2019.
- Moreover, there has been a surge in health and fitness activities among consumers worldwide, particularly in running and other sports. Thus, leading sports brands are continuously manufacturing technically sophisticated and innovative products. Men and women are wearing sports-inspired outdoor apparel during popular outdoor activities such as running, jogging, hiking, and biking due to their changing lifestyles. Thus, leading sports brands are constantly involved in the manufacture of technically sophisticated and innovative products.
Development of Sustainable Outdoor Apparel: Significant Opportunity for Outdoor Apparel Market
- Environment-conscious consumers increasingly prefer eco-friendly or sustainable brands of outdoor apparel to minimize environmental impact. Thus, key brands are launching sustainable apparel range manufactured with organic, recycled, and bio-sourced materials to attract socially responsible people, which is expected to fuel the growth of the outdoor apparel market.
- Consumers are expecting more transparency across the entire value chain; they want to have more information about both the provenience of goods and the quality of materials used. Key brands are embedding sustainability into their core business strategy to gain competitive advantage and strengthen business performance. For instance, PUMA SE aims to incorporate more sustainable raw materials such as cotton, polyester, leather, and cardboard in all its product offerings to classify 90% of its apparel as more sustainable by 2025.
Expansion of Online, Offline Retailing Channels: Latest Trend of Outdoor Apparel Market
- Consumers are preferring value added outdoor apparel packed with improved performance and technology. They are looking for more than comfort, waterproof guarantee, and breathability. Large proportion of outdoor apparel consumers are an urban population, inclined toward sustainable and branded products. Environment-conscious consumers are largely opting for innovative products made with recycled raw materials. The influx of new and innovative designs coupled with an increasing consumer awareness about trendy and fashionable lifestyles are among the major factors driving the demand for outdoor apparel through different distribution channels.
- Manufacturers of outdoor apparel utilize various distribution channels ranging from traditional wholesale business to eCommerce business to cater to a large consumer base with diversified product offerings. Company-owned retail stores, wholesale retailers, and mono-branded franchise stores are key offline channels for sales and distribution of outdoor apparel.
Increase in Counterfeit Products: Major Restraint of Outdoor Apparel Market
- Increasing production of counterfeit products by local manufacturers is hindering the growth of the global outdoor apparel market. These duplicate products are hampering the distribution channel and leading to a negative impact on the overall growth of the market. Moreover, counterfeit products slow down the economy of a country and affect the producers of genuine items. Cheap quality products are often sold to consumers at an expensive price. In addition, government bodies lose out on unpaid taxes and incur huge costs in the enforcement of intellectual property rights.
Outdoor Apparel Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of manufacturers of outdoor apparel have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the outdoor apparel market include
- Adidas AG
- Columbia Sportswear Company
- Hanesbrands Inc.
- VF Corporation
- Hugo Boss AG
- Mizuno Corporation
- Nike Inc.
- PUMA S.E
- Under Armour Inc.
- Patagonia, Inc.
Outdoor Apparel Market: Key Developments
- Prominent players in the outdoor apparel market are increasing investments on innovative products to fulfill the needs of end users and offer them customized solutions. Manufacturers are also planning to expand their product portfolio, presence in various regions through mergers & acquisitions, and offer innovative outdoor apparel to users
- Some other key developments in the outdoor apparel market are highlighted below:
- In February 2021, Hanesbrands Inc. and Belle International entered into a licensing agreement to introduce a line of footwear and accessories under the Champion brand to serve consumers in China
- In December 2020, Under Armour Inc. announced the creation and launch of a new brand – Curry, in association with Stephen Curry to provide an opportunity for youth sports in under-resourced communities. Furthermore, the brand aims to provide new apparel & equipment, access to mentors & coaches, and safe places to play for more than 100,000 young athletes by 2025.
- In October 2020, Columbia Sportswear Company launched its new Omni-Heat Black Dot technology for outdoor apparel. This new textile is used in jackets for men and women to provide external thermal shield against cold environments.
- In September 2020, Patagonia, Inc. launched a new collection of shorts featuring a label "Vote the a--holes out“. The label is woven into shorts to encourage customers to voice their concerns about the environment.
- In February 2020, Nike Inc. announced strategic distributor partnerships with Grupo Axo and Grupo SBF S.A. to transition its Nike Brand business in South American countries, including Argentina, Chile, Brazil, and Uruguay
Outdoor Apparel Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global outdoor apparel market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global outdoor apparel market. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global outdoor apparel market to illustrate how the market would grow during the forecast period of 2021 - 2031.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analyses, and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), are elucidated in the TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global outdoor apparel market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis on business strategies of leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global outdoor apparel market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth in the global outdoor apparel market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the global outdoor apparel market, which is expected to guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Outdoor Apparel Market Study
- What are the key factors influencing the outdoor apparel market in each region?
- What will be the CAGR of the global outdoor apparel market between 2021 and 2031?
- What is the future scope and changing trends in technologies in the global outdoor apparel market?
- Which factors will impede the growth of the global outdoor apparel market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global outdoor apparel market?
Research Methodology – Outdoor Apparel Market
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global outdoor apparel market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global outdoor apparel market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the outdoor apparel market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from outdoor apparel market industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global outdoor apparel market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global outdoor apparel market more reliable and accurate.
Outdoor Apparel Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global outdoor apparel market includes information categorized into six sections ? product type, material, price range, consumer group, distribution channel, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the outdoor apparel market are discussed in detail.