Otorhinolaryngology Devices: Introduction
- Otorhinolaryngology is a surgical specialty in medicine, which overlooks the management of conditions affecting the head and neck. It includes both medical and surgical management of various conditions of ear, nose, and throat.
- Health care professionals managing these conditions are known as ENT surgeons, otorhinolaryngologists, otolaryngologists, and head & neck surgeons. These professionals basically examine and treat patients with functional diseases affecting the patient’s sense of drinking, eating, and hearing. Some of the ear conditions treated by ENT surgeons are age-related hearing loss, otosclerosis, deafness, and otitis media with effusion.
- In otorhinolaryngology, various devices are used to diagnose and treat ENT conditions such as hearing aids, voice prosthesis devices surgical instruments, endoscopes, and hearing implants
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Otorhinolaryngology Devices Market
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Otorhinolaryngology Devices Market
- The global otorhinolaryngology devices market is primarily driven by significant increase in adoption of minimally invasive ENT procedures, technological advancements, and surge in global geriatric population
- According to the United Nations, by 2050, older persons are expected to account for more than 25% of the population in Europe and Northern America. Japan is home to the world’s most aged population, with 33% of the population aged 60 years or above in 2015.
Diagnostic Devices Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Market
- In terms of type, the global otorhinolaryngology devices market can be classified into diagnostic devices, surgical devices, hearing aids, hearing implants, and nasal splints
- The diagnostic devices segment is anticipated to dominate the global otorhinolaryngology devices market during the forecast period due to increase in number of diagnostic procedures for ear, nose, and throat conditions, and rise in emphasis on early diagnosis of ENT conditions.
- The surgical devices segment is expected to witness significant growth owing to adoption of surgical instruments and minimally invasive techniques during surgical procedures.
Hospitals & Ambulatory Surgical Centers to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on end-user, the global otorhinolaryngology devices market can be categorized into hospitals & ambulatory surgical centers, ENT clinics, and others
- The hospitals & ambulatory surgical centers segment is likely to account for major share of the global otorhinolaryngology devices market by 2030, owing rise in prevalence of ENT disorders, increase in number of patients, and surge in adoption of technologically advanced diagnostic & surgical devices.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
North America to Dominate Global Otorhinolaryngology Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global otorhinolaryngology devices market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global otorhinolaryngology devices market during the forecast period owing to presence of prominent manufacturers of ENT devices, favorable reimbursement scenario for ENT procedures, and high awareness among patients.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness strong growth during the forecast period owing to increase in number of patients with hearing loss, especially the geriatric population.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global otorhinolaryngology devices market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for major market share. Key players operating in the global otorhinolaryngology devices market are:
- Olympus Corporation
- Stryker Corporation
- Atos Medical AB
- Siemens Healthineers
- Cochlear Ltd.
- Freudenberg SE (InHealth Technologies, Inc.)
- Hoya Corporation
- Johnson & Johnson (Acclarent, Inc.)
- Medtronic plc
- Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc.
- Stema Medizin
- Sonova Group
- Starkey Hearing Technologies
- Smith & Nephew plc
- William Demant Holdings A/S
Global Otorhinolaryngology Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Otorhinolaryngology Devices Market, by Type
- Diagnostic Devices
- Screening Devices
- Surgical Devices
- Sinus Dilation Devices
- Otological Drill Burrs
- ENT Hand Instruments
- Hearing Implants
- Cochlear Implants
- Middle Ear Implants
- Auditory Brainstem Implants
- Bone Anchored Hearing System
- Hearing Aids
- Nasal Implants
Global Otorhinolaryngology Devices Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- ENT Clinics
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.