Osteonecrosis, also known as aseptic necrosis, is a condition which occurs due to loss of blood flow to the bone. Bone is a living tissue which requires regular supply of blood. Any disruption to the supply of blood can cause the bone to die, and if the process is not stopped in time, it can lead to eventual collapse of the bone. Degenerative arthritis, particularly of the knees and hips and to a lesser extent of the hands, shoulders, and feet, may be caused due to bone collapse. Osteonecrosis is caused due to serious trauma injuries, excess consumption of alcohol, chronic use of corticosteroid, systemic lupus erythematous, decompression disease, blood disorders such as antiphospholipid antibody syndrome (APS), sickle cell anemia, and HIV infection, among others.
A prominent factor contributing to the growth of the osteonecrosis treatment market is the rise in consumption of alcohol observed across the globe. In the U.S alone, the number of people consuming alcohol has risen exponentially during the period 2002-03 to 2012-13, according to an independent study conducted by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. The study also finds that the number of female alcohol consumers has more than doubled in the reported time period. Excessive alcohol consumption over a considerable period of time leads to abnormal lipid metabolism, which is a prominent risk factor for alcohol-induced osteonecrosis.
Rise in hip injuries owing to surge in geriatric population is expected to drive the osteonecrosis treatment market during the forecast period. Hip injuries may lead to interruption of flow of blood to the bone, causing trauma-related avascular necrosis. Osteonecrosis may develop in 20% of the people with hip injuries. According to the United Nations’ World Population Ageing report, the number of people above the age of 60 years stood at 962 million in 2017, which is projected to reach 2.1 billion by 2050, globally. Rise in geriatric population is anticipated to increase the number of cases of hip injuries, which in turn, augments the patient population suffering from osteonecrosis. This is likely to drive the demand for medications and therapies used to manage these conditions.
Additionally, ongoing measures undertaken by biotechnology companies aimed at developing novel treatment options for people suffering from osteonecrosis is also expected to drive the growth of the osteonecrosis treatment market. In September 2017, Bone Therapeutics, a biotechnology company engaged in developing cell therapy-based products for bone diseases and orthopedics and Asahi Kasei Corporation, a major chemicals company, entered into an exclusive royalty bearing license agreement for the development and commercialization of PREOB, an autologous bone cell therapy product developed by Bone Therapeutics, in Japan. Such strategic initiatives focused on launch of new and effective treatment options for managing this condition is likely to boost the osteonecrosis treatment market during the forecast period from 2018 to 2026.
The global osteonecrosis treatment market can be segmented based on treatment type, end-user, and region. In terms of treatment type, the market can be classified into non-surgical treatment and surgical treatment. Based on end-user, the osteonecrosis treatment market can be divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and orthopedic clinics.
In terms of region, the global osteonecrosis treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominates the global osteonecrosis treatment market due to launch of new treatment options in the region. The osteonecrosis treatment market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow significantly during the forecast period owing to the increase in geriatric population in the region.
Key players operating in the global osteonecrosis treatment market include Bone Therapeutics SA, Enzo Biochem Inc, Integra LifeSciences Corporation., and K-Stemcell Co Ltd.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.