Orthopedic Imaging Market: Introduction
- Medical imaging in orthopedics helps physicians to non-invasively analyze the body's internal anatomy to aid in diagnosing a medical condition. By producing images reflecting internal anatomical structures of the patient's body, medical imaging devices recognize and track diseases or injuries. These devices are used as a knowledge tool that helps doctors identify the disease and the treatment response.
- Orthopedic medical imaging offers reliable, accessible, and high-quality imaging, a critical parameter for medical decision-making for physicians, which could potentially reduce the need for surgical procedures.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Orthopedic Imaging Market
- Effective medical intervention offered by the orthopedic medical imaging system in increasing the number of cases of bone fracture trauma due to fall, motor vehicle accidents, or sports injuries drives the global orthopedic imaging market. According to the National Trauma Institute, in 2014, traumatic injury was the largest cause of death globally, with a major share of road injury of about 29.1%.
- Moreover, rise in prevalence of orthopedic disorders and increase in geriatric population are likely to drive demand for orthopedic imaging. According to the World Health Organization, about 28.2% of the global population aged 60 years and older suffered from osteoarthritis in 2013. Shortage of trained radiologists and rise in cost of clinical trials, however, restrain the market. Additionally, despite the high cost of instruments, the demand for medical imaging systems will continue to increase, as the first step in the diagnosis of orthopedic problems is critical and recommended. This is projected to boost the growth of the global orthopedic medical imaging market during the forecast period.
- Increase in usage of dual modality imaging or hybrid imaging is anticipated to present lucrative opportunities to market players. Globally, the adoption of hybrid imaging consisting of positron emission tomography (PET) and computed tomography transmission X-ray (CT) scans is rising. This advanced technology shortens acquisition time and offers precise correction of attenuation and fusion imaging, resulting in improved sensitivity and precision of the diagnosis.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Orthopedic Imaging Market
- North America dominated the global orthopedic imaging market in 2019 owing to the introduction of advanced imaging systems in medical settings. The Robotics Outpatient Center, LA, was the first outpatient surgery center in the U.S. to implement the Globus Excelsius GPS system in January 2018. The device has incorporated spinal navigation, which allows for real-time visualization of the anatomy of the patient, while robotics enables higher precision rate operations to be performed.
- Europe was the second largest market for orthopedic imaging in 2019. Germany, Russia, the U.K., and France are the major markets in the region. Companies in Europe focus on the development of medical imaging equipment.
Key Players Operating in Global Orthopedic Imaging Market
The global orthopedic imaging market is highly consolidated due to the presence of small number of leading players. These players hold major share in their respective regions. Demand for products to treat orthopedic diseases has increased in emerging as well as developed markets. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global orthopedic imaging market.
Major players operating in the global Orthopedic Imaging market are listed below:
- Carl-Zeiss Meditec AG
- Accuray Incorporated
- GE Healthcare
- Toshiba Medical System
- Other Prominent Players
Global Orthopedic Imaging Market: Research Scope
Global Orthopedic Imaging Market, by Product
- X-ray Systems
- Positron Emission Tomography
- EOS Imaging Systems
- Conventional radiography
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DEXA or DXA)
Global Orthopedic Imaging Market, by Application
- Chronic Disorders
- Prolapsed Disc
- Degenerative joint diseases
- Bone Tumors
- Acute Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Other Applications
Global Orthopedic Imaging Market, by End-user
- Radiology Centers
- Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Emergency Care Centers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.