The orthopedic bone cement and casting materials market can be classified on the basis of materials used in the cast and in bone cement. Casts are made of plaster or fiberglass with cotton embedded in it to provide padding around bones. Plaster bandages consist of cotton bandages combined with plaster of paris (calcined gypsum). Currently, synthetic materials such as knitted fiberglass bandages impregnated with polyurethane and bandages of thermoplastic are also being used. These casts are available in various lengths and designs suiting the area of application.
Bone cement materials consist of poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA), an amorphous powder, and a stabilizer (liquid). Besides, Acrylate based plastics are also used in bone cement. Other materials used in management of fractures include coralline hydroxyapatite, calcium sulphate, ceramics and calcium phosphate cements. The orthopedic materials used in bone fixation should not degrade in response to the changes in biologic environment which can have a detrimental effect in the fractured area.
The orthopedic bone cement and casting material market is also analyzed based on geographic distribution as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World. With an aging global population and presence of untapped opportunities, the orthopedic bone cement and casting materials market is expected to grow at a good pace, particularly in countries such as India and China.
Factors such as aging population leading to an increase in joint problems, an increasing number of people suffering from obesity, a shift towards junk and non-nutritious food that leads to weaker bones and continuous development in the field of healthcare are driving the orthopedic bone cement and casting materials market. In addition, rising number of accidents resulting in fractures require these bone cement and casting materials to fix a fractured bone. Major opportunities for the orthopedic bone cement and casting material market lie in countries such as India, China, Russia, Brazil, and South Africa where there is a significant pool of under-served patients and lack of supporting healthcare infrastructure. Moreover, development of products with additional benefits such as drug reservoir, better fatigue strength and higher visibility on x-ray will be of great importance to the orthopedics industry.
Some of the key players in orthopedic bone cement and casting materials market are DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., Zimmer Holdings, Inc., Smith & Nephew Plc, Stryker Corporation, Biomet, Inc. and Orthofix International N.V.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.