Orthodontic Supplies Market: Introduction
- Orthodontics, a branch of dentistry, majorly deals with the treatment of malocclusion, a condition characterized by improper positioning of the teeth and jaws
- These products are employed to close the unsightly gaps, abnormal bite patterns, and enable teeth straightening
- Different types of fixed and removable appliances aid in muscle retention, teeth movement, and impact the growth of the jaws
- Braces, special fixed appliances, and fixed space maintainers, among others, represent some of the fixed orthodontic products, while aligners, removable retainers, palatal expander, etc., constitute some of the removable appliances
- There are three types of malocclusions: Class I, Class II, and Class III. Class I is more prevalent than other types.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Orthodontic Supplies Market Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Orthodontic Supplies Market
- Increasing number of patients suffering from malocclusions, tooth decay, jaw pain, and other jaw diseases worldwide are fueling the demand for orthodontic supplies. For instance, misaligned teeth or malocclusion affects around 60% to 75% of the global population; it has the third highest prevalence rate in oral pathologies globally.
- Rising awareness about the benefits of orthodontics treatment, along with consistent product modifications ensuring better performance and efficiency will further support the demand for these devices in the near future
- Growing demand for invisible braces among teenagers and adults, along with rising adoption of orthodontic treatments in emerging markets are creating growth opportunities for the global orthodontic supplies market
- In several countries, orthodontic treatments have unfavorable reimbursement policies and limited insurance coverage, which is hampering the growth of the orthodontic supplies market. As per the data enumerated in Indian Journal of Dental Research 2011, in India, medical insurance companies covered less than 50% of the costs of major dental care procedures, such as orthodontics, restorative care, and periodontics.
North America to Lead Global Orthodontic Supplies Market
- The global orthodontic supplies market is dominated by North America, owing to the presence of major market players, and improvements in reimbursement policies in the region
- Expansion of this market in Europe can be ascribed to technological advancements and rising investments in research and development
- Asia Pacific is projected to be the rapidly growing region for orthodontic supplies. The region is witnessing considerable increase in the number of population with untreated orthodontic problems. Prevalence of malocclusion cases in Asia Pacific region is more than 50% of the total population.
- The orthodontic supplies market in rest of the world is anticipated to grow gradually
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Orthodontic Supplies Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
- 3M Unitek
- Align Technology, Inc.
- American Orthodontics
- ClearCorrect, LLC (Institut Straumann AG)
- DENTAURUM GmbH & Co. KG
- DB Orthodontics Ltd
- Dentsply Sirona, Inc.
- G&H Orthodontics, Inc.
- Great Lakes Dental Technologies
- Ormco Corporation
- Rocky Mountain Orthodontics
- TP Orthodontics, Inc.
Orthodontic Supplies Market: Research Scope
Orthodontic Supplies Market, by Product
- Fixed Braces
- Anchorage Appliances
- Removable Braces
- Accessories (Headgears and Retainers)
Global Orthodontic Supplies Market, by Patient
- Children & Teenagers
Global Orthodontic Supplies Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.