The global orthobiological products market is expected to grow to $15.3 billion by the year 2022 as a result of tremendous growth in the medical devices industry mainly due to increase in aging population. Growth of orthobiological products is driven by increasing awareness towards adoption of orthobiologics, development in technology, and increasing number of orthopedic related procedures.
As population continues to grow, there is simultaneous rise in aging population which is contributing to the growth of the orthobiological products industry as need for orthopedic procedures is greater in such elderly population. Other factors driving the growth of this market include increasing number of obese patients with rising levels of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis and patients with need for cartilage repair procedures. Also, there are increasing occurrences of diseases like diabetes which is leading to slower bone and tissue healing, thus resulting in increasing numbers of trauma and sports related injuries.
Orthopedic surgery was limited to metal and screw implants to repair the fractured and damages bones, however, development in technology has propelled the field of orthopedics with the newer alternatives that are offering better comfort and durability.
Orthobiologics involves use of biology and biochemistry in development of bone and tissue replacement materials. This is the fastest growing segment of the orthopedic industry as it has provided alternatives for traditional bone and tissue repairs offering better durability. Orthobiologics is helping in increasing the strength and ability of repair and decreases the length of the postoperative period.
Segmentation Based on Application
- Bone Grafting
- Fracture Repair
- Spinal Surgery
- Revision Hip and Knee Replacement
- Soft Tissue Repair
- Cartilage Repair and Regeneration
- Tendon and Ligament Repair
Orthobiological Products Market analyzes this market based in its important segments and major geographies. Geographies analyzed under this research report are
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report includes comprehensive analysis of
- Current trends in market
- Industry growth drivers
- Factors affecting market growth
- Market structure
- Industry projections for upcoming years
This report also includes detailed analysis of technological improvements in the field, Porter’s five force model analysis, and complete company profiles of top industry players. The report provides review of micro and macro factors significant with respect to new entrants and existing market players with value chain analysis.
Some of the major players dominating this market are Allograft Tissue systems, Baxter International Inc, Berkeley Advanced Biomaterials Inc., Bone Biologics Inc, Bone Solutions Inc, Interventional Spine Inc, Kinetic Concepts Inc, Medtronic Inc., Osiris Therapeutics Inc, Pioneer Surgical Technology, Smith & Nephew plc, Spinal Restoration, Stryker Corp, Tissue Banks International, Tissue Genesis Inc, and others.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This research report provides forward looking perspective on major factors driving and restricting market growth
- Report provides pin-point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by making in-depth analysis of market
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major industry segments
- Report provides technological growth map over time and explains its impact on market
- It also provides up-to-date analysis of latest trends in market and helps you stay updated with recent technological improvements
- Report provides detailed analysis of major competitors and their strategies
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.