Orogastric Devices Market: Introduction
- Orogastric devices are small tubes placed either through the mouth and the end with the tip in the stomach, or placed through the nose as per requirement. NG/OG (Nasogastric/Orogastric) tubes may be used for feedings, medication administration, or removal of contents from the stomach via aspiration, suction, or gravity drainage.
- Generally, the patient is given an orogastric tube in cases where specially prepared liquid food or fluids are required to be fed directly into the stomach. Orogastric tube is used in case of issues with sucking and swallowing, dehydration from vomiting/diarrhoea and not drinking enough, lack of nutrition through the normal diet, or the patient is unable to swallow the medications. In some cases, it is also used to empty the contents of the patient’s stomach, including stomach gases. The tube is inserted by an experienced pediatric surgeon directly through the mouth and into the stomach.
- Orogastric tube placement is a common procedure routinely used in clinical anesthesiology and intensive care medicine. It is usually performed by only experienced doctors or nurses. It is also suggested to withdraw the tube promptly into the oropharynx if the patient has excessive choking, gagging, coughing, a change in voice, or the appearance of condensation on the inner aspect of the tube.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Orogastric Devices Market
- Increase in incidence of diseases among infants, which makes them weak, is a major cause for the rise in preference for orogastric devices as a feeding tool, which is a key factor driving the global orogastric tube market
- Caustic ingestion or oesophageal strictures (risk of perforation), coagulopathy (epistaxis risk), base of skull fracture, severe mid-face trauma are a few rare occurring conditions of using the orogastric tube
- Slit endotracheal tubes, a new type of gastric tube guide (VBM Medizintechnik GmbH, Sulz, Germany), has been designed to facilitate the insertion of orogastric devices. The device is made of polyvinyl chloride. This is estimated to create further opportunity for global orogastric tube market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Orogastric Devices Market
- The U.S. held a major share of the global orogastric tube market due to the awareness among people about the use of orogastric devices, which in turn drives the orogastric devices market
- The orogastric devices market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a prominent pace due to an increase in birth rate. Furthermore, maternal malnutrition in low income countries in the region lead to the birth of infants with issues that require orogastric tube for the purpose of feeding.
Key Players Operating in Orogastric Devices Market
The global orogastric Devices Market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global orogastric Devices Market are:
- GE Healthcare
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Karl Storz
- BD Medical
- Zimmer Biomet
- Smith & Nephew
- Medacta International
- Pacific Hospital Supply
- Rontis Medical
- Guangdong Baihe Medical Technology
Global Orogastric Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Orogastric Devices Market, by Application
- Content removal
Global Orogastric devices, by Size
- Infant: 8 French
- Child: 10 to 16 French
- Adult: 32 French (up to 50 F)
Global Orogastric Devices Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic centres
Global Orogastric Devices Market, by Distribution
- Hospital and Clinical Pharmacies
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.