Orogastric Devices Market: Introduction
- Orogastric devices are small tubes placed either through the mouth and the end with the tip in the stomach, or placed through the nose as per requirement. NG/OG (Nasogastric/Orogastric) tubes may be used for feedings, medication administration, or removal of contents from the stomach via aspiration, suction, or gravity drainage.
- Generally, the patient is given an orogastric tube in cases where specially prepared liquid food or fluids are required to be fed directly into the stomach. Orogastric tube is used in case of issues with sucking and swallowing, dehydration from vomiting/diarrhoea and not drinking enough, lack of nutrition through the normal diet, or the patient is unable to swallow the medications. In some cases, it is also used to empty the contents of the patient’s stomach, including stomach gases. The tube is inserted by an experienced pediatric surgeon directly through the mouth and into the stomach.
- Orogastric tube placement is a common procedure routinely used in clinical anesthesiology and intensive care medicine. It is usually performed by only experienced doctors or nurses. It is also suggested to withdraw the tube promptly into the oropharynx if the patient has excessive choking, gagging, coughing, a change in voice, or the appearance of condensation on the inner aspect of the tube.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Orogastric Devices Market
- Increase in incidence of diseases among infants, which makes them weak, is a major cause for the rise in preference for orogastric devices as a feeding tool, which is a key factor driving the global orogastric tube market
- Caustic ingestion or oesophageal strictures (risk of perforation), coagulopathy (epistaxis risk), base of skull fracture, severe mid-face trauma are a few rare occurring conditions of using the orogastric tube
- Slit endotracheal tubes, a new type of gastric tube guide (VBM Medizintechnik GmbH, Sulz, Germany), has been designed to facilitate the insertion of orogastric devices. The device is made of polyvinyl chloride. This is estimated to create further opportunity for global orogastric tube market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Orogastric Devices Market
- The U.S. held a major share of the global orogastric tube market due to the awareness among people about the use of orogastric devices, which in turn drives the orogastric devices market
- The orogastric devices market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a prominent pace due to an increase in birth rate. Furthermore, maternal malnutrition in low income countries in the region lead to the birth of infants with issues that require orogastric tube for the purpose of feeding.
Key Players Operating in Orogastric Devices Market
The global orogastric Devices Market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global orogastric Devices Market are:
- GE Healthcare
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Karl Storz
- BD Medical
- Zimmer Biomet
- Smith & Nephew
- Medacta International
- Pacific Hospital Supply
- Rontis Medical
- Guangdong Baihe Medical Technology
Global Orogastric Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Orogastric Devices Market, by Application
- Content removal
Global Orogastric devices, by Size
- Infant: 8 French
- Child: 10 to 16 French
- Adult: 32 French (up to 50 F)
Global Orogastric Devices Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic centres
Global Orogastric Devices Market, by Distribution
- Hospital and Clinical Pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.