Organic Sensor: Introduction
- A sensor can be a device, module, machine, or subsystem that can be used to detect events or changes in its surrounding and transmit the information to other electronic systems
- Organic sensors offer high dynamic range and sensitivity over conventional sensors. They receive light at sharper angles, which makes it easier to fix wide-angle lenses in cameras, enabling lenses to be attached closer to the sensor; hence they are majorly preferred in mobile devices and digital cameras.
- Organic sensors possess high sensitivity as compared to that possessed by conventional sensors in order to capture clear images in low light. Use of organic sensors in digital cameras or other imaging devices increases the number of pixels in imaging devices and improves sensor resolution.
- Organic sensors are built with organic photoelectric conversion layer, which has a separate layer of infrared light that helps in reading both visible and infrared light
Rising Opportunities of Global Organic Sensor Market in Healthcare and Automotive Industries
- Organic sensors made of conductive materials are gaining popularity due to increased demand for wearable sensors for self-health monitoring systems, as these sensors offer good flexibility, stretch-ability, low cost, and are light weight
- Organic sensors are extensively adopted in various image sensors of automobiles, which is estimated to create significant opportunities for the organic sensor market during the forecast period
- Advancements in organic sensor technology are projected to propel the demand for organic sensors in the consumer electronics sector due to frequent developments in smart sensing devices and wearables
- In 2018, Panasonic launched their first camera with Organic 8K sensor to improve light sensitivity and dynamic range. Additionally, features such as, improved color contrast and high image quality, are expected to further boost the organic sensor market.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Organic Sensor Market
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global organic sensor market during the forecast period, due to an increase in demand for consumer electronics products and rising advancements in the medical & life sciences sectors
- The organic sensor market in emerging economies of Asia Pacific such as, China and India, is likely to expand at a rapid pace owing to the presence of major players such as Panasonic Corporation and Fujifilm
- The market in Europe and North America is projected to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period due to rising focus on the development of organic sensors for health monitoring systems in order to improve their performance.
Key Players Operating in the Global Organic Sensor Market
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- Sony Corporation
- Teledyne Technologies Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Siemens AG
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Canon Inc.
Global Organic Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global Organic Sensor Market, by Type
- Organic Camera Sensor
- Organic gas sensor
- Organic electronic sensor
- Organic chemical sensor
Global Organic Sensor Market, by Application
- Security Cameras
- In-vehicle Cameras
- Digital Cameras
- Mobile Devices
Global Organic Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa