Organ on chips is a 3-D microfluidic cell structure chip which simulates a specific organ in the body along with its mechanics and physiological responses using technique from computer chip manufacturing industry which can perform processes such as breathing, peristalsis and infection. The organ on chips is playing a significant role in the drug discovery and research domains to help in achieving higher accuracy for detection of toxicity and testing to reduce the amount of drug failing in clinical trials for humans. It also plays a crucial role in disease modelling as multiple lives of animals are saved which were otherwise lost owing to traditional testing models. Moreover, there was no guarantee for traditional animal models to accurately mimic human pathophysiology. The organ chip is composed of a flexible polymer which is of the size of computer memory stick which is having hollow micro fluid channels for human organ specific cells which is surrounded by physical microenvironment of living organs.
The rising health issues and the growing demand for lung and kidney based organ culture devices are suggested to have a significant impact on the global organ-on-chip market for the forecast period. Furthermore, growing initiatives by prominent organizations for implementing the organ on chips technology is suggested to boost the organ-on-chip market. For instance, in 2017, Netherlands Organization for scientific research (NWO) discussed its plans for the Netherland organ on chip initiative focused on advancements and growth of the same. However, mimicking the highly complex architecture of human organs is suggested to be one of the hurdles for the global organ on chip market for the forecast period. The growing healthcare industry of the Asia pacific region and the high median age in China, which is one of the most significant economies in the Asia Pacific region are suggested to be major factors impacting the growth of the global organ-on-chip market for the forecast period.
The global organ-on-chip market can be segmented into four segments namely type, application, end use industries and regions. As per the type segment the organ-on-chip market can be further divided into five sub segments namely-liver on chip, heart on chip, lung on chip, kidney on chip and others. As per application the global organ-on-chip market could be divided into three sub parts namely- drug discovery, toxicology research and other. The drug discovery sub segment is anticipated to hold a prominent share of the market. Furthermore, as per the end use industry segment the global organ-on-chip market could be divided into four sub segments namely – healthcare, research cosmetics and others. The healthcare industry is suggested to hold the highest market share over the forecast period. As per the regional segment the organ on chip market can be divided amongst five regions namely North America, South America, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific, and Europe. The North America region is suggested to hold a higher market share owing to the rapid technological advancements in the region, however Asia Pacific is suggested to have a significant growth rate of the global organ-on-chip market over the forecast period owing to the high population and significant healthcare industry of the region.
Owing to its significant adoption in multiple application the organ-on-chip market is consisting of multiple leading players. Some of them are TissUse, InSphero, CN Bio, Emulate, SynVivo, Kirkstall, Mimetas, HUREL, Ascendance Bio, AxoSim and Nortis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.